Heavy/Scratch: Backfire (the stubby armed bot of cybertron)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rumble02, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Here is another made from parts found at yard sells, The head I ordered from shape ways and can be found here : Pyro head assembly by CALLOWAY75 on Shapeways

I do wish the arms could have worked out better and to have hidden the head more but alas. Worked it into the bio cuz I be all cool like that. lol. Enjoy.

Name: Backfire.
    Allegiance : Autobots (formerly Soundwave’s Army)
    Function : Ground to Air Assault.
    Quote: “It’s a bad day to fly”

Backfire was once a member of shockwave elite, ready to pounce when the order was given to take command of Cybertron. Backfire always hoped that on that day he would be able to take down Starscream. Specializing in Ground to Air assault, Backfire has a natural desire to take on the seekers. After being wounded in battle, Backfire woke up to find he had been saved by FirstAid. Realizing he could do good in the world and still have a chance to take on the Seekers, Backfire sought to join the Autobots, and after his intentions were proven to be true, Optimus allowed him to enlist. Backfire was welcomed quickly Defensor and his components, so he now serves to give them cover fire in the battlefield.

Strengths: Backfires cannon fires a high impact explosive energy bomb that will detonate within ten feet of its target. In land cannon mode, there is no terrain Backfire can not go through. He can also fire his cannon in bot mode but is far less accurate. Backfire is well armored and knows how to take a punch.

Weaknesses: Backfire was built to serve one purpose by Shockwave, so his body lacks in areas not necessary for his purpose. His arms are short and have weak servos so he will not do well in a fist fight. Backfire has a hard time hearing because his cannon always fires near his audio receptors and has caused them permanent damage. Backfire will often get into close combat battles to protect lesser creatures without thinking about backup and often misunderstands orders due to his hearing problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Going to try and get him a shorter neck

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The head is a little big, but the overall build is VERY nice for stuff found at yard sales.
    Wait... You found the Animated Ironhide mold at a yard sale? Where the heck do you live? :lol 

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    LOVE THE ROBOT MODE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW

and supercute kitty alert :D  +1

5. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Nice bio & great work.

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    weird but cool looking customs, has a magnus vibe for me. my only critic: i think the head is 1/3 to big

7. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

Dude looks good and bio tough i like the bigger head and short arm look and yes maybe shorter neck but overall dam good job

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think the shorter neck is the only problem. I think it looks a lot like Optimus Primal. I really like the kitbashing work you've done on this one :) 

9. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I think the head is too big for the body. If that's the look you're going for great. If not, then I would use something about half the size. Overall, nice custom.

10. airstrike56

airstrike56 Active Member

i think if you made his painting scheme in a amanated format then he would fit right in

11. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I like it....:thumb 

12. XxsnipersnakexX

XxsnipersnakexX the G1 prick

aww, yer cat looks like mine, mine passed away :( 

13. uncle_elvis

uncle_elvis Member

As others have suggested, a smaller head. The smaller head would make the arms look a little more in proportion, I think.

14. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the hearing part of the back story as you never read much of that sort of thing and it is clever.

"The stubby hands are a part of Backfire but the Autobots see more in Backfire than Shockwave ever did, and enlist Wheeljack to give him longer forearms by installing ones where the hand fold back into the wrist which THEN fold into the treads."

And your cat.. so cute :)