Back to the drawing board!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Buzby74, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Buzby74

Buzby74 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Since Ive only really focused on MP Swoop for my custom builds. I feel it is time for a change of scenary.

In the pipe line and what Im working on next is going to be an MP Slap. I have done some thought process into the build already, but with some questions how to some bits to the build. I guess I will cross those bridges when I get to them. That is the joy and challange to overcome in the kitbashing hobby line.

When I post pictures, comments and ideas are most welcome.

Ive seen some really nice MP Shockwaves done recently and I have a G1 Shockwave and a seeker base, therefore I will be build one aswel. I would like to give thanks to Scotscream for his support and advice with this build. Since my Swoops have gone to Honk kong, I plan to re-make Swoop for myself and will put the odd picture up of the progress.

All in all, I would like to incorperate casting into some of these builds. This will be a new experience for me because I havent even attempted it before. It wont be anything major, things like fabricating the odd part. So any widsom anyone would like to share will be greatly recieved.

Attached Files:

2. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For fabricating parts, you could always go the shapeways route :) 

I would recommend some Aves Apoxy sculpt. That stuff is awesome, readily sculpted and sanded, plus it airdrys, no baking required. Then you can get some resin parts cast in color, which may or may not help in painting.

3. Buzby74

Ebay:
    I was thinking of fabricating part out of other toy parts, thats what I know from my previous builds. I will be considering this of course and value your input. How do you go about casting color parts, that has really caught my attention....?

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    When you really get going on this project, by all means post another thread in Customs. Until then, this thread will work a lot better in Creative GD since your'e gathering ideas and such still.

5. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For color casts all you need is a resin specifically made for use with pigments. You mix in the pigment(very small amount) until it is the desired color.

6. Buzby74

Ebay:
    Im getting started, but thought that some tips on the way would be good. I would have been updating this thread with some work tomorrow. Ohwel will start a new thread tomorrow then. Sorry but it was a WIP...