Minor/Repaint: Babby's First Custom - CW Fire Chief (WIP-ish)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Happy Miracle, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Happy Miracle

Happy Miracle Well-Known Member

Okay, so after months of farting about, I've finally (kinda) done a custom! It's Fire Chief, made from parts of a CW Hotspot and CW Pyra Magna.

There's still a bit of work to do on it - the windows at the front are a bit shoddy, some parts need sanding down, and over spills of black paint need to be touched up. The robot mode eyes need a tiny bit more repainting and there needs to be a bit of blue on the orange chest area. Not sure if I should change the blue eyes on the combined robot mode. When that's done there should be some CW Hotspot stickers I can use.

The plan is to do all of Guard City and then some kind of Battle Gaia. In the event that TT decide to do a UW set (seems a bit likely), I'll strip it all down and do something else with them.

Anyway, pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Awesome first foray into the world of customizing figures!

3. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Boy, he sure does look naked without any paint details - might I suggest picking up a set of Reprolabels to fix him up a bit?

4. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looking great so far, paint is pretty clean in most areas. look forward to your progress

5. Happy Miracle

Thanks everyone!

You're not wrong there pal! I figure there's still a little bit to fix up first before I decide which stickers to use (CW or Repro). I figure that since he's going to spend most of his time in combined mode it shouldn't be too much of an issue, but still, stickers would be nice!

Speaking of stickers, the combined form of my eventual Battle Gaia will need some custom stickers on it and I was wondering what would be the best paper/way to get stickers made? Pretty new to this. Cheers!

6. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom 2

For insignias this guide will help.
    Custom Decals / Insignias Custom Tutorial
    I recommend to use decal paper, because it holds better than decal made of standard paper.

7. Happy Miracle

Cheers! I'll look into it.

Also, Guard City update: say hello to Fly-Up! Again, like Fire Chief, needs a bit of touching up.

[​IMG]

8. Delta Magnus

Delta Magnus Noise Tank

Nice work on the paint! Very smooth and clean- airbrushed by chance? I'll agree it needs some of the detail picking out with some paint, but that should be easy enough. I look forward to seeing the rest of this, and Battle Gaia too hopefully.