bababobo00712

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by tencotoys, Apr 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tencotoys

tencotoys Transformers based Ebay Store

Ebay:
    Delete

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  2. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Shit happens.

3. InsaneJester17

InsaneJester17 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling I'm going to get a similar ask from him about the LS-18 Jazz I ordered from him before all this started. This was the response I got when I asked him if he knew when he would ship since other retailers have shipped their first batch:

Jazz.png

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Have you saved more than $15 shopping with them? From what I understand they have some of the cheaper prices. That means thinner margins. This is an unprecedented time.

• Like Like x 7
  5. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Its probably 15$ because they gotta pay taxes and fees through ebay. Probably would be different if you got it through their site.

Also, how much did you pat in preorder?

6. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Just like for after market CS, you end up paying more for that kind of relationship. He’s not going to take a loss and has offered you a refund.

• Like Like x 6
  7. RyanCharlie

From what my friend in HK tells me, shipping rates are changing daily.

8. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Businesses, especially small ones are really hurting due to the current events. You have saved way more money than $15 from all of the years of buying from him. So while I understand your displeasure about the added shipping costs, and not just the cost, but the way it was forced onto people, IMO this dilemma is small potatoes compared to what many others have gone through due to covid.

My stance is that small businesses need all the help they can get.

• Like Like x 7
  9. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I don’t think you are overreacting. You have preordered by paying full amount. I know the price and shipping cost both increase because of COVID but as a seller, you should NOT get the advantage of getting money in advance and increase the price when the cost is more. It is a different story if you have preordered with $1 deposit, then I think it is understandable the price may vary.

I know ShowZ honors the preorder price. Maybe some members can confirm it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Personally, I think it's completely within their right. It's a preorder locking in your ability to get the product upon release. Yes, it usually locks a given price, HOWEVER... let's say the figure releases $20 CHEAPER. Would you expect Baba to hold your $20 because that's what was agreed? No. You compromise. He makes a little less money, you get your product. Same deal. Because of things completely out of his control, shipping from China is astronomical. He might not even be making much at a $15 ask. It might be against eBay's rules, but Baba gives you an out. He offers a full refund. I'd say he's being completely reasonable. Remember, he sells these on ebay in batches of 100 or more available. He's not some guy selling his old Quakewave or homemade hobbyist 3D printed kit. What if EVERY customer demanded him not make any money on the product?

It means you got a toy in exchange for money. Don't assume there is a kinship or friendship just because you chose to buy a few toys. Yes, stores appreciate and encourage loyalty, but by providing exemplary service or special "thank you" deals - not committing store suicide by selling hundreds of popular toys below cost.

• Like Like x 6
  11. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Ehh, sometimes as a seller you have to eat stuff especially after money has changed hands, at least he offered to return your money.

12. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m crazy but Baba’s been pretty great as a seller for me compared to the bigger places.

We all know the shipping situation is a huge mess right now. Him taking a loss on every order could just end his business for all we know.

It’s not cool to have a fee added on like that but I think we know he’s a stand up guy and isn’t trying to swindle anyone. I think it’s not a big deal in the long run to support this guy that’s supplied you all this time. I just paid $7 shipping with him for a tiny minibot.

Everything from China is gonna have unforeseen issues for next little while.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Charlock

Charlock Lighten Up, Francis.

Not an over reaction at all. The price is the price and that shouldn't fluctuate depending on their cost to operate.

If you had put down a deposit and not paid the price on the tag, I could maybe see them requesting additional shipping costs, once they had the final price of the product. Even then, that's a poor practice. I don't blame you for requesting a refund and going elsewhere for your purchase.

"Shit happens" isn't an acceptable answer. Part of doing business through eBay is an agreement to abide by their terms and conditions. It doesn't matter if you're from China or not.

Knowing Baba's reputation, I full expect that the refund will be honored without another issue.

• Like Like x 3
  14. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

The dude had been reliable and this COVID shit has made an impact internationally. He’s offering a refund, too. It sucks, but he needs to help his business survive. I think he has the right to do this since he’s also allowing you to get a way out. I’m sure he has a lot of loyal customers as well, since he has a stellar reputation. I’ve spent a good chunk of money on the stuff he sells. I’m not saying that you’re wrong or right, but maybe you should be more forgiving in this situation.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Charlock

Charlock Lighten Up, Francis.

He actually doesn't have the right, though. eBay policies state that specifically. I believe they even state that if a seller requests additional funds following a concluded transaction, that you should report them.

I'm not saying he should be reported, but if the buyer is uncomfortable with paying additional fees that weren't mentioned in the original transaction, they definitely have the right to back out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

He's offering you a refund. He (she?) can't sustain this loss x however many he/she sold.

It's that simple. Take it, or leave it.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RyanCharlie

So last year I preordered MP Black Arachnia for $80 from Baba on Ebay. The price was later revealed to be $140. And Baba honored the preorder price. So if he's asking for extra money to cover the shipping increase shit must be getting very real over there.

• Like Like x 7
  18. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Some people really don't get what the heck is going on in the world right now.......

There is a pandemic going through the world, taking lives, destroying lives and daily life for most of the planet. This particular seller has been a respectable, honest seller for a long time. He runs into trouble with the shipping situation that is going right now in regards to China, and a lot of other places, due to the current pandemic. How about having some understanding around the situation? How about having some insight into what is really important right now? Spoiler alert...it isn't getting your toys to you as fast as possible at the expense of other people's livelihood, ability to provide for themselves, or safety.

For crying out loud, get some damn perspective. I'm sitting at work today, wearing a mask on my face at my desk, here in MA, one of the hotspots in the US, nervous about walking the hall, touching paperwork, going about my day.

• Like Like x 11
  19. franpincho

franpincho Hater = Fan

BUT IM A LOYAL CUSTOMER

MUH MUH MUH

• Like Like x 3
  20. RyanCharlie

Entitlement is a sickness.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.