B13's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by B13, Oct 19, 2014.

1. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Before you go any further, skip down to the pictures if you're not interested in long blah-blah... Enjoy!

Oh, you stayed! Good.
    Collecting is an adventure!
    And this adventure is different for all of us.
    Mine is almost done and after reading all your stories, I wanted to share mine too.
    Please understand that this story is told denuded of any pretentious or braggart attitude.

I built a very personal collection. One I built to please me and me only. One built by an adult for an adult. You may find it small, but I feel like it's now complete, like I attained my goal and can turn the page on this never ending and always expensive hobby. Sure new awesome figures will always come out, but I spoiled myself enough for now... until a new MP Megatron comes out of course!

During the last two years, I scanned the market. I peeked at almost all the Transformer toys existing and started acquiring those really meaning something to me, on a sentimental or aesthetic level. I wanted “one of all the types”, to have a specific piece of everything available! I wanted original Transformers products, third party products, hand made products and customized products. I was successful enough to find and acquire them all. As you'll notice, I prefer Decepticons...

First, I acquired the pieces I loved the most in the 80s.

I always liked music and the tapes were always my favorite Transformer toys. I gathered all the Decepticon tapes and Soundwave figures, from the G1 era to the present time, using the tapes gimmick. Soundwave and his gang are cool characters and their evolution is up to their greatness!

I wanted to represent the evolution of the seekers too. In all, this brings the count to three generations of Soundwave and four generations the seekers. All my seekers are Skywarp except for my MP Acid Storm. I would prefer a MP Skywap, but I like my Acid Storm and as much as I like the MP-11 mold, I don't need two. I added a necessary Megatron G1 figure to the lot!

G1 Jetfire is an awesome and now expensive (and yellow) toy; I never owned it. As the Macross Super Valkyrie 1/55 mold can still be found at a reasonable price, I went that way. I'll never regret it! WHAT A GREAT TOY!!! Then I turned the page on the 80's chapter.

Next, I wanted something special. There are a lot of great artists out there and I wanted to get a one-of-a-kind piece customized to my likings. Million thanks again to Chonosmoon for providing me with a Tetra Jet Cybertronian Skywarp seeker! G1 Cybertronian Tetra Skywarp by Chonosmoon | Custom Transformers I always wanted a toy looking like the one he adjusted me. It feels really great to know that you're holding something that you're the only one to own!

I ordered a “hand made” piece from Eagle; his very cool Decepticon tape Not-Swoop. You need to get one if you collect tapes!

The third party figure's spot was taken by a UT Sharky and some Shapeways 3D printed accessories.

I was incredibly lucky in finding this year a near-perfect-for-its-age Bandai Godaikin Abega starship. No one I encountered recognize this toy and I really wonder where my parents found this in 1984.

If you like the ED-209 bot from Robocop (1987), I recommend the Neca offering. It's really great for its price! It's the perfect support for my Cobra soldiers. The new way they make the GI Joe figures now is fantastic!

As my User Name says, I like the number 13 and enrolled in my mad squad are BT-13, MP-13B and a Super Valkyrie tagged number 13. Three of my favorite figures sports my favorite number.

Of course I have some Autobots. The most notorious of them would be MP Grimlock. I couldn't pass on him for a price of 75$! On the other hand, MP-10B is 100% Decepticon. I wanted him to be accompanied by the ancestor of the MP brand, a Takara Binaltech Laserwave shinning his evilness.

I placed all the instruction booklets in a plastic container placed on top of the shelves. That's useful and fun to look at once in a while!

In a way, with all the little details that make this small collection “my own”, I believe it's perfect! More would be too much for now. Having a lower amount of figures means a cleaner display of more appreciable pieces. To each is own though! You may disagree, but I think it's really cool. Anyway, as I said earlier, I spoiled myself enough for now...

Thank you for reading me! I hope collecting Transformers toys or other figures brings you as much joy as it does for me. Collecting is somehow a selfish pleasure and it can only remain fun as long as you do it responsibly. Have fun!

D1D2.JPG D11a.jpg D11e.JPG D12a.JPG D12j.JPG D13a.JPG D14a.JPG D21a.JPG D21c.JPG D21f.JPG D22a.JPG D22f.JPG D24a.JPG D22c.JPG D21d.JPG D24b.JPG D22h.JPG D23a.JPG D23f.JPG D12h.JPG

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

Small, yet neat and tidy and as you put it "personal". I dig it.

One day I hope to be as selective as you are. I'm currently going through the ranks and making mental notes of figures that I won't part with while the rest will eventually end up on the chopping block. This is the kind of inspiration I need to ease the wallet while still having that "MY TOYS KICK ACE!" feel lol

3. arMadillo

arMadillo Well-Known Member

Love your tape shelf. Sweet collection u got there!

4. ACStarscreamSIC

ACStarscreamSIC The AC, SIC, SP, and ETL.

Wow that's amazing. I've honestly just started my collection, I have the 3 Masterpiece Seekers. I plan to expand much more in the future!
    Question for you collectors: Where would one come across the nice glass cases? How much was yours and where did you get it?

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Really neat collection!

6. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Ikea Detolf

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for your comments!

Hey ACStarscream, what you're looking for are Detolf Glass-door cabinets:
    DETOLF Glass-door cabinet - IKEA

Watch out, they're heavy to transport and you need a very (very) good friend to build them! Washing the glass and building the thing, you're looking at something like 1h15-1h30 per cabinet. Have fun!

7. Dentedskillet

Dentedskillet Active Member

Nice collection! I dig your personal feel and the completeness that comes with it. I wish I could do the same, but I can't. If it is G1 related, and I don't have it, I want it!

8. sunstreaker1980

sunstreaker1980 Titan master! TFW2005 Supporter

nice collection!! I really need mine behind glass. Hope fully income tax

9. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

New pieces!

Picture adjustment: World Smallest Transformers (WST) G1 Megatron + Heero Toys accessories added!

Heero WST Megatron.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  10. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    very tidy

11. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Changing the disPLAY!

One of the many pleasures of owning a collection is to change the display. Could that be for adding a piece or just to bring minor changes to improve the overall look, I always find it fun!

D11a.jpg Megatron.jpg Acid Storm and Megatron.jpg Gat-Tape A.jpg Gat Tape B.jpg Gat Tape C.jpg Cobra BAT.jpg Fight.jpg

12. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Transforming Transformers

I played around with my modest collection this weekend.

I assembled a robot army, all weapons out! And this army counts a Classics Dark Jet-Prime!
    All Weapons Out.jpg Classics Jet-Prime.jpg

I prepared a spot for Apollyon... but the wait could be long!
    Waiting For Apollyon.jpg Waiting takes too long.jpg

Don't forget to dust when you play around!!!

13. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Doctor's Order: Dual Wielding Time!

Post 13! Post 13!
    The doctor says "It's Dual Wielding Time" and we have two patients today!!!
    The Rx is: at least one canon per hand all the time; dual wielding recommended!

Masterpiece Acid Storm dual wielding RTS Megatron and an accessory Masterpiece Megatron

MP-11 Holding RTS Megatron.jpg MP-11 Dual Wielding 1.jpg MP-11 Dual Wielding 2.jpg

BT-13 Binaltech Laserwave holding a Dr. Wu Silver Pistol
    BT-13 Dual Wielding.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  14. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

The new guys!

Hello everyone! Happy new year!!!

I closed the year 2014 by adding some minor improvements to my collection.

Universe Cyclonus made room for Reveal The Shield (RTS) Cyclonus from the Battle in Space set. It took some time and research to get this guy at a reasonable price! It was essential to me, collecting wise, to get the right color scheme for this character.
    Cyclonus.jpg

I also added a Cobra Viper figure to my small army along with my second favorite dictator after Megatron, the famous Cobra Commander!
    The new guys 2.jpg The new guys 1.jpg

I discovered the wonders of the Revoltech technology by adding Vash the Stampede to my band of shooters! This figure is crazy articulated and astonishingly detailed!
    Vash The Stampede 1.jpg Vash The Stampede 2.jpg Vash The Stampede 3c.jpg

Also, Beast Hunter Shockwave passed by to welcome you in the new year! Give him a hug!
    Shockwave.jpg

Thanks for watching! Take care!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Cool. I didn't know Cobra Commnader could be someone's favorite dictator

16. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

New Kids On The Block

Hello everyone!

I am back to present you the new kids on the block. They all brought major firepower to the organization and therefore deserve my full appreciation.

First, MP-12 Lambor Expo Exclusive enters my ranks!

I was lurking on the KO for a while before deciding that I didn't want that kind of stuff in my collection. Thank you lena81822 for providing me with an original Takara toy for 15$ + shipping! I don't collect Autobots and lucky enough he doesn't bare the insignia. Getting to "try" this toy (and get the real deal at the same time) for 15$ is a steal!

MP-12 New Kid On The Block.jpg MP-12 Expo Exclusive a.jpg MP-12 Expo Exclusive b.jpg MP-12 Expo Exclusive c.jpg

Then come additional mercenaries to enforce my "favorite soldiers" squad! A Revoltech Kerberos Soldier from The Red Spectacles!
    Kerberos Soldier from The Red Spectables a.jpg Kerberos Soldier from The Red Spectables b.jpg Kerberos Soldier from The Red Spectables c.jpg

Then a Cobra Iron Grenadier, sporting about the same apparel.
    Cobra Iron Grenadier.jpg

They look great together, but I'm keeping a spot for a Revoltech Star Wars Stormtrooper there!
    Waiting for a Stormtrooper.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  17. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Shapeways Add-ons

Hello there!

I recently acquired some accessories to upgrade so figures missing "a little something". You will understand by looking at the pictures. The accessories were 3D printed and purchased at Shapeways.

Generations Laserbeak and Universe Ravage were missing their weapons. Now, they have something to defend themselves better!

Shapeways Laserbeak a.jpg Shapeways Laserbeak b.jpg Shapeways Laserbeak c.jpg
    Shapeways Missile a.jpg Shapeways Missile b.jpg Shapeways Missile c.jpg

I found some null-rays for G1 seekers, but I don't know if I'll keep them attached. I am looking for G1 missiles and null-rays (the short ones) by the way!

Shapeways Null-Ray a.jpg Shapeways Null-Ray b.jpg Shapeways Null-Ray c.jpg

See you around!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  18. Chublock

Chublock Well-Known Member

Nice collection

19. charsdc2

charsdc2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Great collection and good pics!

20. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

Thank you Chublock!
    You have a nice collection too charsdc2!