Aziz Ansari tells audiences to stop watching 'Transformers'

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Deathpool, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

The Movie forum is starting to become hilarious...

Somebody says something negative, fans freak out, somebody points out how ridiculous the whole freak out is, and those same movie fans come back and say "Man! What a mess that was caused by both sides totally equally! No one side can be blamed more than the other! But it's crazy, right?"

:lol 

To be fair, there's a difference in quality of some complaints and criticism and your particular brand of "bitching", which is mostly just name calling and vitriol.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I hope you're not refering to me.

Because I didn't even post in this thread before now.

To be fair, you can be damned sure there's a large ammount of actual just plain old bitching verses legitimate complaints.

Like the nonsense that the Transformers movies are making cinema "worse" and not any of the other big Hollywood bullshit like, I dunno, Grown Ups 2? (can't recall anythign more recent as I try to ignore it) And that apparently great movies like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes are powerless to counteract it.

Come on now, you know for a fact, as a functioning human being, there's a metric buttload of shear negative hyperbole.

3. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Funny this is still going

4. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    Don't take this the wrong way, but can't you all just grow thicker skin instead of being angry at Aziz? He's a guy on social media giving his opinion on a my name sake. Literally anyone can tweet the same thing, but apparently being famous for something makes it okay to be called out on. It's like you all want something to complain about.

5. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

And I tbought the Irony Train had come to a stop.

Choo choo, motherfuckers.

6. Galvatron II

No. You were the one who came in and pointed out how ridiculous it all was.

Yes. There is. But there's not reason to condemn all "bitching" based on the hacky comedy bits of someone like Nostalgia Critic, Jeremy Jahns or this guy. Because there's a LOT of legitimate things to be said about these Movies and their flaws.

And the reason why these things are treated by critics as figureheads for all the negative trends in Hollywood is because they embody all of those trends, and still make tons of money. They take them down so hard because they're so visible.

I... Don't call names. There is a lot of vitriol, but there's a rationale to it. And, importantly, it's the rationale that drives it, not the other way around.

7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure there'd be a lot of "bitching" if a bunch of people and I went over to the comic section and said various negative posts about MTMTE for the next 7+ years non-stop.

What are you still doing in this forum either way? You obviously don't like the movies, you've pointed out time and time again that us movie fans are on par with beliebers and "twitards", and you've pretty much torn apart the films OVER AND OVER. It's one thing when someone posts their opinions and lets it go; Heck, it's one thing when someone comes and says "This movie and anyone associated with it is mentally impaired" ONCE (ridiculous, but if said once and forgotten, which I doubt has ever happened, it's a "that's your *over-the-top* opinion, but whatever" thing). Afterwards, repetition of all such things is just asking for attention, tedious, and a pathetic waste of your time (and ours). So my question is;
    What exactly are you looking for here? Attention? "Preaching"? Another unnecessary rant- I mean, "discussion"?
    I mean, why do you come out on here to complain (for the millionth time) when you KNOW you're gonna come across some "Rabid Fans" whom so claim to want to avoid?
    Do you find pleasure in that or something? If so, the least you could do is be honest and admit it.
    If you want to clean up the attitudes on these boards, then stop provoking said "rabid bay fans".
    Post your opinion, reply to your post if you need to, and let it die.
    And don't give me the "opinions" bs, it's a petty excuse people use to get away with being snobs about things.

......................................................................................................................................................

As for the comedian dude, I honestly don't care. Not like he goes on endless rants about it. I might just end up seeing again tomorrow. :) 

8. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

think you're confusing humor and sarcasm with anger. I'm certainly not angry at what Anziz or anyone thinks of the movies I like them and that's all that matters. and no I really don't think the guy is funny I thought that before I knew how he felt about AOE

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It'd be wonderful if you understood my point. It really would.

10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    can we all agree to have either Rumblestorm or GII change one of their avatars? lol

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    i say we all change to theirs and go insane :) 

12. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Actually, I think it makes their arguements even funnier.

Like an old married couple.

13. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Actually, I was JUST about to go change it. :p 

14. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Don't.
    You.
    EVEN.

15. Galvatron II

Well, you see, that wouldn't happen, because MtMtE doesn't suck and everybody likes it. Besides, the fans wouldn't have to resort to hatefulness and rhetoric, because MtMtE is easily defensible.

I've explained this to you already... I like Transformers. I like movies. I like talking about Transformers and I like talking about Movies. I have strong feelings about the Transformers movies. It's almost as though some sort of Movie forum would be perfect for me!

Besides, most of the other sub forums are echo chambers. The Comics forum is fine and good, but there's only so many ways to slice "I love MtMtE!". The Prime and video game forums are sort of dead, and General Discussion is really only intermittently interesting. Then there's the fan fiction forum... And I post there regularly already.

It only seems natural that I'd be drawn to the Movie forum. After all, the site is here for discussion, not to have your opinions reaffirmed by other fans. The Movie forum is really actually perfect for me.

I've never said that. I've never implied that. I have no contempt for Movie fans just for being, and I don't think they're stupid. Quite the opposite; I have fun with the discussions we have! I enjoy debates.

I don't have fun with people like you, who just sit around and complain about other fans for being "haters".

I don't think you know how quotation marks work. See, the person you're quoting is supposed to have said whatever's in between them.

And I just thought about it, and what a giant hypocrite YOU are! How dare you belittle fans of Justin Bieber and Twilight!

It's one thing to try and fail to dress a user down once, but to do it every single day usually to the same guy? That's just weird, man. Why do I bother you so much? I think it's time to look inward, buddy.

I don't say things like that, though. It's weird of you to make up shit like that all the time. Are you sure you're not conflating me with other people? Perhaps in real life...?

I think the pathetic waste of time is trying to get me to stop posting here. I'm having fun. No one's getting hurt. No site rules being broken. A few folks are a little sore about it, but is that really my fault?

That last one.

EDIT: Oh my god, dude, really? You added even more stuff? Could you be anymore obsessed with me? :lol 

I don't want to "avoid" anyone. My ignore list is a revolving door. You keep putting words in my mouth, man. Are you sure that's not because you want to put anything else in there, bro? ;) 

Alright; Yes! I do! I have fun on the boards! I like debating with Movie fans! What's wrong with that?

I don't? Because you seem to be saying that people with negative things to say about the Movies are sheep. In fact, you seem to be saying that all the time, no matter what the person says, it's always because they're just part of the masses.

Tada! Back to Bludgeon! Don't remember why I changed it anyway...

Dude, I already told you, I'm in a committed bromance with MasterZero! SMOG is my second choice. Rumblestorm is WAY down the list.

If it makes you feel better, though, you're above him. ;) 

16. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    1) So, we fans of the movies deserve more crap because our films arent on par the with MTMTE?
    2) On the level of your "debating", you might as well switch to reddit or 4chan. Maybe even IMDB or RT.
    3) Sweetie, you've made it clearer than the color of the sky.
    4) Used quotation marks around "Twitards" because I don't hold anything against them and because I honestly just don't know what they actually call themselves (if I hated them, I would've ditched the quotation marks) . I only used those examples because, based on how everyone treats them, we're pretty much looked down upon on the level they are by people like you who don't shut up about.
    5) Sweety, if you weren't going around trashing the films over and over, I wouldn't give two shits. I really wouldn't.
    6) Never said you said such things, I'm pointing out what critics and half of the internet always yell out.
    7) Well, yes, it kind of is. You're constant complaining is enough to piss some of us off. Some of us, believe it or not, literaly know no one who's a fan of the movies (heck, not even of the franchise) outside of the internet, so having to put up with all the hate these films/ movie fans get while trying to find other fans isn't exactly relieving.
    8) So you're looking for an unnecessary rant, atleast you admit it.
    Besides, what's to debate? All of the flaws in these films/ fandom have been debated to the point of being more tedious than (to put it in a language you'd understand) sitting through a marathon of all 4 films non-stop, so there's really no point in debating.
    EDIT:
    9) Not putting words in your mouth, just telling you what I've seen you do. Not obsessed with you, you're just the one person who's really not letting go of the "Debating" which is doing more harm than good. I'd do this to any other person who is doing the same thing you did.
    10) So, you like provoking us. Thanks for that answer!

17. Galvatron II

You know, I changed mine so I wouldn't get confused with you... Did you just change yours so it would be easier to talk to me? That's sweet. ;) 

Yep! That's exactly what I said![/sarcasm]

No, I'm saying that people wouldn't hate on MtMtE as much as the Movies because MtMtE is SO MUCH better.

I never said anything about what Movie fans deserve. But we all deserve the right to speak our minds (as long as it's not insulting each other) and hold our preferences wherever we want. For instance; I'm allowed to argue about the Movies on their specially designated forum! And you're allowed to go rant about MtMtE if you want! And both of those things are perfectly fine!

But what would you ever do without me?

Aw... You called me "sweetie". I'm blushing. ;) 

I don't look down on Movie fans. At least not in general. I look down on the Movies.

But I dol ook down on one specific Movie fan. Can you guess who?

Pick a spelling.

You shouldn't anyway.

No. You weren't. See, you were specifically talking about me.

Oh, now that you've said it enough times maybe-

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/dr-cox-fuck-scrubs-funny-pictures-391125.jpeg[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=]Some of us, believe it or not, literaly know no one who's a fan of the movies (heck, not even of the franchise) outside of the internet, so having to put up with all the hate these films/ movie fans get while trying to find other fans isn't exactly relieving.[/QUOTE]

Boo Hoo. There aren't any Movie fans on the Movie forum! I wouldn't be here if there weren't any!

[QUOTE=]8) So you're looking for an unnecessary rant, atleast you admit it.
    Besides, what's to debate? All of the flaws in these films/ fandom have been debated to the point of being more tedious than (to put it in a language you'd understand) sitting through a marathon of all 4 films non-stop, so there's really no point in debating.[/QUOTE]

I don't know... I'm not bored with it... And it's usually Movie fans who make the threads anyway. Clearly [I]someone[/I] other than me has an interest. I don't usually make threads; I'm just going with the flow.

BTW, you can quote specific parts of a long post like I'm doing, or replace all the words with a simply "Snip", but please pick one. It's for the benefit of other users who don't care about your flirting.

[QUOTE=]EDIT:
    9) Not putting words in your mouth, just telling you what I've seen you do. Not obsessed with you, you're just the one person who's really not letting go of the "Debating" which is doing more harm than good. I'd do this to any other person who is doing the same thing you did.[/QUOTE]

I'm discussing. That's why the site's here. [I]You're[/I] the one derailing threads with useless OT ranting about another user. I'd tell you to PM me, but I'm not gonna respond. :lol 

[QUOTE=]10) So, you like provoking us. Thanks for that answer![/QUOTE]

No, I like having smart discussions with smart people. I think I'll go try and do that now instead of prolonging this little tantrum of yours...

18. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Pfffffffffffttt..........This guy can't tell me what to do.

Why is he even trying. :lolol 

I'll show him, will see it 2 times this week.

19. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

tbh AOE was good but compared to others movie like Dawn of the Planet of the Apes or Edge of Tommorow there's like no comparison plus the money it made 600 million (so far) is too damn high.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Really, dude? I say that everyone's opinion, no matter what, is because they're "part of the masses?" And I say that "all the time?" That's just nonsense.

And no, you did not understand my point. It wasn't that Ansari, or anyone who doesn't like AOE, is a "sheep." It was that Ansari made a joke that has been made many, many times. So much so that there is a definitive "herd mentality" when it comes to the joke. It's no different than if he had said "Nickelback sucks!" At a certain point, the joke is repeated so many times that it is basically just bleating. Everyone's got to go online to "make a joke," but they're all making the same joke. Maybe instead of "herd mentality" I should use "hive mentality." Everyone online wants to belong to "the group," and the quickest way to do that is to make the same tired joke that all the other worker bees are making.

In Ansari's specific instance, he's a professional comedian and I would expect something much more clever from him. From a societal standpoint, which I referred to in my original post, the spread of social media and email has given rise to a mindset that we accept the speed of information as the accuracy of information. It results in email forwards and "things going viral" and people thinking Steven Spielberg actually hunted and killed a f**king Triceratops.