Awesome Shelfwarmers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, Sep 18, 2011.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So as the title suggests, what're some of our favorite TF's that we've seen shelfwarming, or otherwise sticking around longer than we'd have expected?

For example, I remember seeing quite a lot of Transmetal Waspinator on the shelves back in the day (almost as much so as Buzzsaw that I guess everyone ignored in favor of regular Waspinator which I never once found), and if it wasn't for the fact that he showed up during a time after my parents had basically told me I was "too old for toys", I'd have likely picked one up for the visual appeal alone. Well that, and the fact that I was always looking for Tarantulas (either the normal one or the TM), but never once managed to see him in stores kinda turned me off of everything else during those Wal-Mart or Superstore trips, but I always wondered why nobody wanted him.

More recently, I've been seeing quite a lot of Crankstart scouts hangin' around the shelves, and the same was the case with Hubcap not too long ago. Now, maybe it's just that I'm noticing these guys because they're my 2 favorites from the class, but it's kinda amusing to see the guys that I frantically made sure to buy when they were fresher couse I thought they'd vanish in a rather plentiful supply.

Can't really say I've got the same fetish for Drift or the other current victims, but sometimes we're lucky & it's just a blessing in disguise.

2. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    Thunderwing

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Revenge of the Fallen Mudflap. At first I hated him. Now, as he hangs in the clearance isle, I feel pity and maybe a little affection for this ugly turd. I still wont buy one though.

4. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    hahaha you know, I tried really hard to like that guy, especially since it seems like something I'd enjoy, but it just wasn't happening. :( 

Also about Thunderwing, that really strikes me as a toy that'd sell better if he was packaged in robot mode. I mean that way, not only would he not be showing the shittiest part of him to the consumer, but he'd also be reconcilable as the character that he's an update of. It also doesn't help that he's often hung with another deluxe that looks like a shitty plane, but overall I think he's one of the better ones, and I'm kinda stoked for the black repaint that's slated to drop in the near (in my case late or probably never) future.

5. Insecticon

Insecticon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Masterpiece Skywarp. I was surprised to see that he wasn't doing well considering he is one of the main seekers. I also like his colors better than Starscream.

6. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've always liked him better than Starscream as well (not to mention Thundercracker), and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm kinda broke & had just bought a Generations Thrust when I saw it on clearance (who I think is a better figure anyways for like, a fraction of the price), I might have been more inclined to open my pants & wallet.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Dotm Bumblebee. I really hate the fact that there are so damn many of this figure on the pegs,but he's a good figure. Especially when you slap a Battle blade head on him

8. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I hear Dotm Jolt is good.

Generations-wise, Wheeljack is pegwarming around here. Which is a cryin' shame. :cry 

9. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Agreed. I seen like three yesterday at a TRU in buffalo

10. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I concur with Thunderwing, such an awesome figure, but there's one more that's peg warming now and I can't believe Im about to say it. Warpath. Everywhere I go there's only about five Generations figures, and of those five are two Warpaths, a Wheeljack, a Thundercracker, and a Kup. I got lucky paying only $15 for my Warpath a while back. I remember people selling him for like $50+...

~Z

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Funny enough...Kup, Scourge, Wheeljack and Warpath. I've been to a store that has had the same 3 Warpaths sitting there for about a month now. Basically we Portlanders have gotten our Warpaths and it seems no one is really looking for them anymore around here, and kids don't really know the characters so they're just sitting on the pegs.

12. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any of the Generations figures from the wave with Thunderwing.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Well,whatever kids stayed until the credits for Dotm may know Wheeljack,and I've got a feeling that he might sell better when the Dotm figure comes out,mostly on account of:"Oh,so that's who that guy was..."

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    NEST Bludgeon's still sitting in a certain store I like to go to. He's such a neat figure it's a shame he's been passed up for so long. Now he's drowning in DotM stuff.

NEST Ratchet and those phone things have been there a while, too, though I wouldn't call the phones "awesome." Ratchet's gone to the clearance aisle and back, poor little bugger.

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Beastformer love inbound:

I like Stalker Scorponok and Sea attack Ravage. Poor fellows have been pegged on every shelf...

16. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Battle Ops Bumblebee. Sure, DOTM Leader Bee has a much more interesting Transformation, but Battle Ops Bee ain't no slouch and he's full of doodads!

17. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Warpath/Wheeljack/Thundercracker

It took a while for them to show up,but now every store seems to be overflowing with them.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Generations Wheeljack bumming around on shelves makes sad, as I spent an arm and a leg on my Wheeljack. Fuck me disappointed.

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tuner Mudflap was amazing.

20. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Dropkick. I love the guy, but he hung on the pegs for months, and it got grating really fast.