Avengers (4): Endgame - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    1. Different timeline. In the main timeline, he’s dead. And then they killed alternate reality 2014 Thanos. Even when Steve went back to put the stones where they belonged, Thanos was dusted so he stays dead

2. It was hinted at all the way back in age of Ultron. He probably just took a leap of faith. It’s oretty clear from the entire 11 years that he’s worthy though. He was probably hoping for the best!

3. Everyine that came back is 5 years younger, yes. Creates weird social issues, but when the stakes are that high, does it even matter? Their goal was to bring everyone back. And I think all his classmates is a stretch. Movie never indicated it was all of them, just seemed like a lot

• Like Like x 5
  2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I believe a while back her and Gamora were rumored to be getting a Disney+ show.

Next best thing.

• Like Like x 5
  3. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    LMAO!

4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I cried.

I love this movie.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I dunno… I feel this movie was a bit of a mess; as if it was rushed with more time behind the CG software and less time behind the word processor.
    Not happy with certain directions taken, and feel as it broke its own rules at times.

Being generous at 7/10.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Megatron118

News Credits:

• Like Like x 7
  7. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I love it 3000.

I didn’t eat before the movie. Now I want a cheesburger. :) 

• Like Like x 8
  8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    No, the BW is truly happening, but its been stated to be a prequel, so regardless of what happened to Nat here, it would've not affected her movie, since its set before she even meets Tony

9. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Exactly. I feel like 7 is a fair score all things considered.

• Like Like x 3
  10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Sharon is Peggy's niece, not her daughter, so Steve would be her uncle (or great-uncle). It would be the time travel Gamora, they state those that were sacrified for the Soul Stone cant be brought back ever and considering Peter Quill is looking for her shows that Stark didnt kiled her and that's the kid from Iron Man 3,

11. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is your Guardians of the Galaxy:
    This is your Guardians of the Galaxy without James Gunn:
    [Quill singing to himself as Rhody calls him an idiot]
    Any questions?"

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

It creates more issues than just age differences. It was stated that some people had moved on with their lives and started to form new relationships... what happens to all those new relationships once e.g. snapped partners come back? Tony's insistence that they only bring back the lost rather than completely undo the snap, while understandable on a personal level, would just cause even more emotional turmoil for those that had survived.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I don’t think this was bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I didn’t start to love it until my second showing this morning. That’s opposed to how I immediately loved Infinity War, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, the Guardians films, Ragnarok, Homecoming, and hell the first Avengers film.

That said, I never thought we’d get to see something as glorious as
    Hulk, Thor, Cap wielding Mjölnir, Korg, Mantis, M’Baku, Giant Man, Valkyrie on her Pegasus, T’Challa, and Drax just to name a few charging together into battle
    . That was without a doubt fucking incredible.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Megatron118

News Credits:
    I mean, true, but again when the stakes are that high, idk maybe they just didn’t think about it. The thing is, those sorts of interpersonal relationships among species can be rebuilt and fixed, and most certainly outweighs letting half the entire universe stay dead. But I get what you’re saying.

It’s definitely different tonealy from IW. IW is a better superhero crossover I think, but Endgame has more heart and legacy behind it, if that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  16. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    1. So that would make this more of a multiverse scenario than a linear timeline, like BttF, right? I guess that means in some other universe, shit's fucked up for sure.

2. I do remember the part from Ultron, but just curious how he'd even know to try for it. The first time we see it it's in the air already, so he must've been standing over there reaching out for it for a bit.

3. I get that, but that does create a lot of problems. People that came back are now back in a world that has no place for them anymore.

And it's not hinted in this movie, but we see Peter will a large group of his classmates in the Far From Home trailer. This has to mean that Ned, MJ, Flash, Betty, and several others got snapped too.

17. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Epic ending to 10 years, but god damn I'm sad.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    My dislike (actually its not even a dislike, its just a shame cause i really wanted to love this movie. In fact my only hope was for it to be better than Infinity War) has nothing to do with the story or what happens to the characters. It's the Last Jedi argument all over again, but in this case its much worse than Jedi. I like the story on paper, but as a movie itself it fell apart. It doesnt have a good or even remotely passable structure. It would work as a two part story but its rushed, underexplained and relied so much on fan service and hype.It didn't work organically.

That's why I loved the first 30 minutes cause it had a consistent pace with great performances. Then it started to make zero sense and it was checking all the boxes instead of telling an organic story.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I kept true to my word.
    FC367511-7556-4450-B7AA-8873095F435D.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  20. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My god some people here really need a knock to the head.

Thor had his moment in Infinity War, yes he got "Nerfed" because there were about 20+ characters that needed more attention. Nothing could top his entrance in Infinity war, nothing. It's not as if he didn't have a couple of moments in this film. He dual wielded Mjolnir and Strombreaker, and at one point nearly over powered Thanos. Yeah they could of handled him better, but his arch hasn't ended, and this is a guy that hasn't known defeat, and i mean proper defeat, not being beaten only to bounce back not even a day later. 5 years he dealt with his grief, and lets face it, Alcohol and Fortnite would do that to anyone!

We have had 10 years of Marvel films, 1 of them was about a female hero. God forbid we have 3 minutes of an all woman team up. God for-fucking-bid. If anyone thinks this was an "eye roll" moment, you need a wake up call.

Everyone pissed at Black Widows death, if you pay attention it makes sense as to why she did it, she had spent 5 years trying to keep together what remained of Earth (and presumable the galaxy considering Danvers was also on call) trying to find a way to bring everyone back for 5 years and then finding the only way to do it, of course she's going to risk herself to bring everyone back, it's what she's been fighting for!

*Cough* anyway. Time for the theories and good bits!

Would love to see an Ironwoman movie, with Pepper taking the mantle, maybe until her daughter is older. Honestly i could see Tony and Peppers kid being the "Tom Holland" of the next generation of Avengers movies. Someone to give the kids someone to look up to, Like what current Spidey does now.

Can't wait for Guardians 3 with Thor, it's going to be fucking hilarious. It will obviously be a Gammora hunt, but it'll be fine.

Black Widows movie is clearly going to be a prequel, it's about time we saw where she came from. Will be a nice send off for her Story arc.

Far From Home is going to be hard to watch, but i get the feeling Pepper, Happy, and whatever remains of Shield will keep him on the right path.

The other movies are hard to predict. Who knows what happened to Wakanda and the Wizarding world in 5 years without there leaders. I think both T'challa and Dr Strange are going to have big problems on there hands. Especially Strange, They protected earth from all things Magical, can't remember the guys name at the end of Dr Stranges movie, but something tells me he has fucked some shit up.

Seeing the big team up was amazing, and everything i needed. The Avengers Assemble line nearly killed me though, whole theatre was weeping man tears.

Can't wait to see what happens with Loki, Falcon and Bucky. Has me kinda hyped for Disneys streaming service.

All in all, probably the best movie i have seen in ages.

Ignore what you read in this thread, make your own conclusion. This is a film that needs to be seen, not read.

• Like Like x 5