Avengers (4): Endgame - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I just got back from seeing it. I don't have time to type up a full review now, but I'll try to do it tomorrow, provided I get my college work for finals done in time.

Short (spoiler-free) thoughts: I absolutely loved it! I had a blast, I think it was very well-done and very clever. I feel like it was a solid conclusion to this era. I'm not sure I buy into the idea that this will be as controversial as Last Jedi. I think this will be more of a crowd pleaser. I'm sure there will be some portions of the fandom that will be disappointed (for that matter I know people who don't like Infinity War), but I think the vast amount of fans and audiences will love it. It's more or less in the same vein as Infinity War. It might be my favorite of the Avengers movies.

I totally called several things that happened in this movie (not on this forum, but to friends and family). I won't go into specifics, but I'm very hyped about future movies after certain things that were setup, which is more than I can say about most of the credits scenes in other movies. And don't worry, it's not just a bunch of setups for future movies. There are hints of that, but it's a conclusion first and foremost.

• Like Like x 4
  2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not just this forum but others too.

While you are right that
    Thanos beating her, he used a gem (power gem?) to do so.

Good point about the Wanda too.

prequel [\spoiler]
    [/QUOTE]

Beat me yo it but darn it...pretty upset about
    Widow’s fate. [/spoiler{

3. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I see Far from Home as serving a secondary role to explain the new normal in the MCU since EG is not the last movie in the Infinity saga, but Far from home is, announced a few days ago.

Glad I found a Hot Toys Chitari 2 pack for $169.... any remaining stock will be gone by the weekend that still exist in the wild. [\spoiler]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    It'll be interesting to see where we go from here. Looking back, my favourite MCU movies have all been ones that weren't directly related to Infinity Stones with one exception in GOTG (Ragnarok, GOTG2, Civil War and Winter Soldier)... I wonder if that was a coincidence?

5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I just got back from seeing it. Thoughts and a question below:

I thought it was good, but not perfect. I think they went a little too far with some of the humor and took away from the serious tone.

I agree with the person before who said about the way they treated Thor. He spent the entire movie as essentially a gag. It was funny at first (especially Tony's Lebowski quip), but it made me absolutely unable to take him seriously for the rest of the movie. Was also disappointed that he didn't end up back with Jane at the end.

Hulk, or the Credible Hulk and I will now refer to him as, I'm not sure about. The new behavior caught me off guard, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. It was an evolution of sorts from what we saw in Ragnarok, but I dont know if I liked the direction. I am a little disappointed he didn't get any badass moments akin to the "I'm always angry" of the first Avengers, but he did snap everyone back, which I guess makes up for that?

I am really impressed at all of the characters they were able to bring back. Howard Stark, Jasper Sitwell, Alexander Pierce, Jane Foster, etc., but there were some missing that I'd have liked to see, even in cameos, like Agent 13 and Everett Ross.

One big question, though: when everyone got snapped back into existence, were they the same age they were when they died, or five years older?

I'll have more thoughts later, but I need to sleep lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:

7. jru42287

News Credits:
    Yeah, but she could've still been there in the present time. Did she get snapped? Did she live? Her and Cap shared a pretty decent kiss in CW, and that's the last we saw her.

And I meant the other Ross, Martin Freeman's character.

8. Coil

Coil a.k.a. Pooka

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The Black Widow movie is a prequel, if rumors are correct its set in 1999-2000

10. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Any end credit scenes?

11. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Alright, here we go:

This is without a doubt my favorite MCU film. It had tons of fun, emotional, and fan-service scenes to entertain a lot of viewers. Non-Spoiler review: 9.5/10.

The ending fucking broke me. Iron Man was and will always be my childhood, and to see him go out like that made me almost bawl into tears. I-I can’t express into words how much this film plays with the viewers’ emotions. I’m literally on the verge of tears, and no other piece of media has made me feel like this. Iron Man will always be my favorite MCU character, and Marvel in general.

I know that I haven’t talked about anything else of the film, but the rest of the movie was perfect for me. The scene between Hawkeye and Widow was also emotional, and I’m surprised I predicted that outcome.

The final battle is the most bust-a-nut worthy scene out of any film I’ve ever seen.

And by the way, I’m still hung up on Iron Man. I cannot express fully just how much I felt in his final moments. I really, really am on the verge of tears. Like I said, Iron Man was my childhood, and Robert Downey Jr. will always be my Man-Crush- Monday, but it was such a beautiful ending for an important and amazing character, that I will never forget that scene.

I need a SH Figuarts of Tony with the Gauntlet, all bloodied up, and Pepper in the Rescue armor, and Fat Thor, and Professor Hulk, and War Machine, and all these amazing, wonderful, timeless characters that embody my childhood.

If anyone has any images or videos of Iron Man from this film, would you mind PM-ing me?

This film is such a beautiful ending for this 11-year journey, and I will forever cherish these characters. Especially Tony Stark.

ALSO, WHAT WAS THE DEAL WITH THE CLANGING SOUND AT THE END OF THE CREDITS?!?! It sounded just like when Tony was building the MK.1 in Iron Man 1. A tease? A reference? A nod to the start of this wonderful franchise?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Technically,
    No. however, there’s a sound clip played at the very end of the credits. You’ll have to pay attention or you’ll miss it.

13. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    I'm just gonna say 1 thing.probably one of the greatest movies I have ever seen in my life. It is up there.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Come on SH Figuarts! Don't let me down!!! :D 

Having seen the movie...:lolol  I totally get all of it :lolol 

Mother nature called, but I held it in like a champ up until the end credits.

I don't know if it's an exclusive, but these cup toppers were at Cinemark theaters. When you get the Avengers cup, you can get the cup topper of your choice. Or ask if they have that "fan pack" or something or other.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    So is Loki technically alive again when he bolted with the Tesseract in the Stark Building lobby? as Thanos said - same person, just from different time

Also taking a minute to think on it, it feels like something different was planned, and it may have tied into SpiderMan Homecoming and the timeline issue, or it still could in Far from home.

16. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Ack....too many quotes....

I really didn't get bothered by
    How Hulk was treated. He wasn't "angry" anymore that's all. Thor? I think they did that for the comedic effect, and I think it worked out nicely

As far as your third point,
    I remember Capt America holding up Thanos' arm in Infinity War. Assuming Carol is much stronger/powerful than Cap because of how she got her powers and all, it actually makes sense to me.

I thought
    Black Widow was also one of the founding members? If not at least an original SHIELD agent since...Iron Man 2? Or am I mistaken about that?

You got one :D 

Actually no...
    I believe Thanos used the Power stone. It had that distinct purplish glow. The Tesseract stone was the Space stone...and that's blue. I'm seeing it again tomorrow anyway, so I'll have my memory refreshed :D 

Man everyone in the theater laughed when they showed that...and when it jiggled....

Yeah there were definitely some emotional scenes in there.
    I have to say, Tony dying and his funeral...that was a hard hit to the feels.

Possibly. Since that happened (along with everything else), then it negates the scene in Infinity War where he hands over the Tesseract to Thanos.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Made it fine.

18. jru42287

News Credits:
    I was wondering this as well.

Also:
    I cannot Express how happy I was to see Korg, Miek, and Valkerie still alive. And also to see James D'Arcy reprise his role as Jarvis.

19. MetalicGrunt

News Credits:
    As far as the sound at the end, I'm guessing Tony somehow uploaded a portion of his consciousness into a mainframe to act as a Jarvis to Morgan, hence the Holo-will, or something is being built to protect Pepper and Morgan

• Like Like x 1
  20. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was like watching Old Man Logan again, except the old man got to live a life and have that dance.

Fuck.

22/10

now bring me #23

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3