Avengers (4): Endgame - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

After dealing with Thanos I really hope they either give us Galactus or Kang for the next big overarching villain plot. Or perhaps Onslaught, but that would require a lot of set up to distance themselves from the original X-Men Film universe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

After Thanos they should slow it down and feature some smaller scale threats first

• Like Like x 3
  3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    At one point, I think Feige said that was the plan. To back off and not go to the next cosmic threat for another few years.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I don't care what they do for the lesser films and the like, I'm just saying that after Thanos, Kang, Galactus, Onslaught or even Doctor Doom would be the obvious choice for next 'we need everybody' style big event. Provided the characters stick around... I mean these actors aren't getting any younger and we don't want uncanny valley CGI to replace them, do we?

• Like Like x 1
  5. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Thanos was the biggest baddie they could do at the time before the apparent acquisition of X-Men and Fantastic Four from Fox, but now they have a lot more as others have pointed out already.

I would love to see the MCU's interpretation of Dr. Doom and NOT make his powers/origin be connected to the Fantastic Four like it was in the FOX movies.

Maybe they could tie his magic powers to Dr. Strange somehow. Like set him up in a MCU Fantastic Four movie as Reed Richard's rival as usual, somehow get his face injured, and then have him hint at donning his trademark armor and then have him appear in a Dr. Strange sequel as someone that allies with Mordo to gain his powers.

Just typing ideas from my head here.

• Like Like x 3
  6. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well for a next bad guy for all heroes to come together, of the viable choices for are three villains
    - Galactus
    - Dr.Doom
    - Skrulls

If you notice these are related to Fantastic Four.
    Unless they can use another big bad guy coming from Marvel itself (not being previously owned by other studios)
    - Beyonder (for a Secret Wars movie)
    - Kang the Conqueror
    - High Evolutionary

7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    It sounds like it's going to be a while before we get another such event. Fiege wants to work "smaller" in future installments. I can see two or three person crossovers like Winter Soldier, particularly with Spider-Man or the Guardians if they add Nova/ the F4 to the MCU.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, in an interview around Ragnarok when post Infinity War was asked about Fiege commented about how it's going to be some time before they do another Infinity War level event (if they do another based on the sheer logistics of it). He also brought up that they would probably focus on smaller stories and smaller team ups... sighting Ragnarok and Homecoming in particular as the type of team ups we'll see going forward for a bit going forward. Basically character X's film guest starring character Y type stuff. Which the comics have been doing for years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    The only thing that could ever match and possibly exceed IW/A4 for another giant Avengers movie would be an Avengers (and co.) vs X-Men/Mutants (and co.) or Everyone vs Galactus level event. After Civil War topped both previous Avengers' movies, and now with IW and undoubtedly A4 topping Civil War, it only makes sense that one of those two options is what they'd do next for a 5th and possibly final Avengers outing. And I have a feeling it'll be a slow burn leading up to something like that since they have so many new characters to start introducing both independently and as collective franchises.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm more than ok with that, as now the MCU is just too big to NOT have another established character in any given movie.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

They could also use Doom as someone who rebuilds the destoryed Sokovia into Latveria

• Like Like x 2
  12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Besides Galactus I think you could have Annihilation, Secret Wars, Onslaught, Evolutionary War, Contest of Champions, Inferno, Age of Apocalypse, House of M... there are plenty of comics events that topped Infinity Guantlet/War/Crusade.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Oh I know. By "those two options", I actually meant more in way of absolute sheer size of cast/characters *and* what would likely be most interesting to the infamous "general populous" fans of the movies over just the comic veterans. That's all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, that makes sense. :) 

15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I don't know of a way you could get the X-Men and the Avengers to fight that would make any sense, but I do think if they reintroduced the Inhumans via a movie you could do IvX properly. Even the comics had a plot they just flat out ignored.

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, the premise had a half way decent plot with the Mist being sacred to the Inhumans and it killing the Mutants. But they had to "salvage" Medusa and Black Bolt and ruin Emma... not to mention Cyclops' sacrifice... with a really bad "misunderstanding". As if all the time the Mutants were like "your sacred cloud is killing us" Medusa didn't know until the end and was all like "oh, why didn't you just say that to begin with". That turned it into an idiotic mess.

17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Generally Marvel heroes tend to fly at each other's throats. Civil War is a good example of that.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I don't really care HOW it happens; I just want it to so that we can get Grade A nerd marketing like this :) 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    No, you misunderstood me. That part was fine, except that Black Bolt shouldn't use his voice as often as modern writers have him use it, and he certainly doesn't need it to kill "Cyclops."

I mean that there was very obviously a third party engineering the conflict that they were supposed to team up to stop by the end of the event, but Marvel changed their mind in the time it took to get from Secret Wars to IvX and made it about (of course) propping up their precious mutants.

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Soooo... you actually think Medusa had no clue... zero, nadda, zilch... that the cloud was killing mutants? That it was fine when she was like "oh, why didn't you say so to begin with"? Not to mention the "proping up" that was done by that ending of the Inhuman Royals with Medusa getting her pretty pretty princess ending with Black Bolt... "Medusa. And Black Bolt. TOGETHER. That's... beautiful." Seriously? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree than.