Avengers (4): Endgame - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

This stuff isn’t guaranteed to be on the Blu-ray though. Though I get what you’re saying that for some people it’s not worth movie ticket prices. And who knows maybe it will end up on the discs after all. But my old man and I go to the movies all the time, so for someone like me it’s not an issue

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Sure, but I am sure it will be on the 22 film super awesome bluray extreme edition for $100 at Christmas.

If these clips are not good enough for the Bluray, than I guess they're not good enough for me to pay theater prices either.

3. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Now I'm half expecting news of a super "Nostalgia Edition" of Avatar to have a theatrical run.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is the year 2020! Avengers and Avatar have been locked in an epic battle, rerelease after rerelease overshadowing indie efforts and further attempts at non-Marvel adaptions. Both films have vastly increased their original revenue in a pissing contest between Disney and- wait who owns Avatar again?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    I’d like for a little more M’Baku in the final battle!

Hey, I can dream, right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well here's the thing; that might not be too far from a reality one day. Given how many years have passed since that movie came out, I won't be surprised at all if they re-release it again right before the sequels start showing up. I would hope, though, that there's some sort of rule out there that any movies put back in theaters after X amount of years don't get their box offices counted towards the original. Because that would be the lamest way for Avatar to get the #1 slot back.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Megatron118

$100? Think more like $300+ man :D 

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Did the original Star Wars special editions count towards the original?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Incepticon

News Credits:
    I don't think so, because they were altered and touted as "Special Editions" and were technically new/different.

So assuming Avatar is re-released and remains the same content wise (not countering any remastering) like the first re-release was, I don't know how/if it could still count towards its original box office. I guess that's something I'll be Google'ing now because I would like to know how that works.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    That would more than do it. According to Box Office Mojo as of yesterday, Endgame was at $2,744,012,261 while Avatar is at $2,787,965,087. Endgame only needs 44 million to break it.

• Like Like x 6
  11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I'm not sure a re-release of Avatar would significantly affect the box-office. The 3D craze seems to be over, I'm not sure it would draw huge crowds of people like it did in 2009. Once Endgame beats Avatar, I think it will remain there (especially if the push from the extended version boosts the box-office significantly).

As for Endgame releasing a version with more footage, I'm all for it. I'm generally not the biggest fan of "extended editions", I just prefer one final cut. Having tons of cuts (like Star Wars or Blade Runner) tends to make figuring out what version to watch confusing, for first-time viewers. But this doesn't sound like a typical "extended edition/alternate cut" as much as it sounds like some bonus stuff afterwards, like that early Bumblebee screening. I'm hoping it's just featurettes and maybe a deleted scene, not actually altered scenes in the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Incepticon

News Credits:
    I agree for the most part - that it wouldn't necessarily help it INSANE amounts - but if Endgame just scratches past the $44 Million it needs to take first place, it theoretically wouldn't take much for Avatar to easily take it away again IF it ever got re-released and IF its box office would even go towards its original total. I'd love to see Endgame significantly beat it by enough margin that it couldn't lose it again by something like a re-release, is what I'm saying here. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Megatron118

I HIGHLY doubt Avatar 2 will make even close to what the first did. The only incentive I even have to see it is simply to see what the sequel is like. But I am also equally likely to not make the effort to see it

• Like Like x 1
  14. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So MCU decided to pull out the final nail to be use to beat Avatar :lol 
    You think such move is good enough to garner $50M?

Anyways, MCU might be needing extra help to beat Avatar.
    And speaking for help, this guy can lend a hand...

One Marvel Fan Has Watched ‘Avengers: Endgame’ 115 Times
    :lolol 

The guy now can claim the name, "The Watcher" :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I was thinking of seeing it again before it was done, but life kept getting in the way, so I'll probably go see it this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    According to boxofficemojo.com, the special additions were added to the originals. I mean, if it didn't because they changed it, then Endgame's wouldn't count either since they're adding footage.

17. Incepticon

News Credits:
    That's interesting. Guess that somewhat confirms that there isn't a time limit afterall... which is disappointing.

They're not, though. The main movie is remaining untouched - they're just adding stuff AFTER it akin to bonus features: a deleted scene or two, a tribute thing, etc. Really no different than how they added the Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer after the credits about a week or two later.

But I guess none of this even matters anyway.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Gone With the Wind has had four or so releases, the last of which was probably this years for the 80th anniversary. Plus, if I recall correctly, at the time it was released, the studio milked it and had higher then normal ticket prices for the super wide screen experience.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking more of $1000, but, I was like, maybe I should give Disney a little more credit than to be that greedy. LOL

20. Megatron118

Lol, I mean $300-$400 is quite reasonable for 23 (including FFH) movies on Blu-ray/4K Ultra with deleted scenes, commentaries, bonus featurettes, etc. I’d certainly buy it, the only MCU movies I own are Iron Man 1 and Infinity War. So I’d be spending that much anyway getting all of them separately. Might as well get a dope-ass boxset!

• Like Like x 2