Avengers (4): Endgame - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the simplest explanation.
    And bringing back the stones in their proper time (where they get it), it eliminates "Reality B" and "Reality C" and so on. So Steve Rogers created "Reality D", giving credence to the Russo's statement regarding Cap's ending.

So that makes traveling time via Quantum Realm "creates new reality" (basing on your explanation).
    So what's the point of The Ancient One telling, "removing the stones creates dark/branch realities"?

So we are dealing now with realities produced by Quantum Realm and removal of Infinity Stone via Time Heist.

2. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Seriously, where did this idea that the other realities were eliminated come from? I don't remember it being implied in the actual film at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

I’m not sure being able to do literally anything imaginable except one singular rule the Soul Stone abides by should be considered extremely finite

• Like Like x 2
  4. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

you’re welcome
    A lot of people debate that one but I would say no. Once those branched off realities were created there really was no way to illuminate them

A lot of people confuse the ancient ones dialogue but I’m going to try to make this also simple

If you remember her magical image representing her reality B, the image showed a bright colored energy flowing with the stones encircling the energy flow, she then showed her how her reality B would suffer by removing one stone by showing it turns dark colored

Bruce then told her that he would bring the stone back to her reality B

Everybody seems to think that means all the other realities would be wiped out but it doesn’t, the image she produced it was only showing her reality B, not reality A......remember reality A already didn’t not have any stones, they were destroyed

So, they were returning the stones to each of the new realities, but they now continue on and forward

That depends on who’s word you regard as greater

According to the screen writers, The last Cap returned to was that of Reality A

That he was always meant to go back in time and and live a life with Peggy

Which would mean That he was part of a predestination paradox......and that type of issue wasn’t really addressed in the film

So that makes traveling time via Quantum Realm "creates new reality" (basing on your explanation).
    So what's the point of The Ancient One telling, "removing the stones creates dark/branch realities"?
    yep
    It’s basically a misinterpretation of the dialogue and the energy demo the ancient one used to describe what would happen with the removal of the stone

• Like Like x 2
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the alternate realities that they travelled to were never eliminated. Returning the Stones was the final act so those realities didn't descend into darkness and chaos with the pillars of spacetime suddenly removed.

• Like Like x 5
  6. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

More Russo BS

Red Skull isn't the same as the one we knew. :banghead: 

You can't get a soul back after returning the stone. :banghead: 

7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Doesn’t sound like BS to me, especially not the second one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Red Skull just is under the control of the infintiy stones, if he was freed, he would be the same ol'hydra general.

I don't see what the problem is with the no soul returning, the entire point of it is sacrifice.

• Like Like x 2
  9. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The screenwriters and the directors don't have their stories straight, and regardless of that their opinions don't matter now that the movie is out. We'll see what the truth is later but it certainly won't come out of their mouths.

This introduces the idea that the Soul Stone is evil, and that the Infinity Stones themselves, rather than Thanos, are the actual villains of this story. Which is unbelievably dumb. The origin of the universe is a collection of malicious bloodthirsty rocks.

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

That misunderstanding came from the characters themselves. I'll say it again, "Prune all branches" was a line in the movie. It was not a fan invention.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Think my point came across wrong. I just believe that his interaction with the space and soul stone for years has caused him to be more connected to the stones influence, making him understand them more and why he kinda speaks for the trial of the soul stone. His mind just gets altered a bit from exposure and years of being alone. I'm sure that if he came back to earth, got back into hydra, his old habits and mindsets would come back. Unless he felt like none of it mattered afterwards.

He can change and so cna his ideals, so metaphorically he isn't the same old Red Skull, but literally and physically he is.

In which I meant originally, that he his the same old Skull.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Prune the branches" was in the movie, but the fans are misinterpreting what "branches" meant in that context.

The Ancient One's demonstration was that the removal of the Infinity Stones from continuity would create schisms in their pre-ordained paths, in all likelihood dooming those realities to something devastating not unlike "The Snap" itself, because the Stones are a fundamental part of the being of the universe. Like, if the universe no longer contains the function that controls "Time", weird shit's gonna start happening.

Those are the branches being pruned. If the Stones never effectively leave their respective realities, then the bad things can never happen to those universes. No branch/fork in that universe's continuity will be created.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

And I would say the misunderstanding is still on the fans

Pruning branches could mean a few different things

14. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    FB_IMG_1558781118938.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funeral scene group shot

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  16. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Who’s Terry Nortary playing in that scene?

17. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

He did some mocap for Groot and played Cull Obsidian, so there for Groot at the funeral.

They all look far too cheery for a funeral... :) 

18. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

I knew that had to be real, not cgi the groups together.

19. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

How does this indicate the soul stone is evil? It says in Infinity War that it’s necessary so the wielder understands the sacrifice

20. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Murder. It's necessary that the wielder understands murder, and it will only appear to people who value its power more than anything in the universe. Clint got it on a technicality; a cold-blooded monster chucking his daughter off a cliff is the intended solution to the puzzle.