Avengers (4): Endgame - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

That misunderstanding came from the characters themselves. I'll say it again, "Prune all branches" was a line in the movie. It was not a fan invention.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Think my point came across wrong. I just believe that his interaction with the space and soul stone for years has caused him to be more connected to the stones influence, making him understand them more and why he kinda speaks for the trial of the soul stone. His mind just gets altered a bit from exposure and years of being alone. I'm sure that if he came back to earth, got back into hydra, his old habits and mindsets would come back. Unless he felt like none of it mattered afterwards.

He can change and so cna his ideals, so metaphorically he isn't the same old Red Skull, but literally and physically he is.

In which I meant originally, that he his the same old Skull.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Prune the branches" was in the movie, but the fans are misinterpreting what "branches" meant in that context.

The Ancient One's demonstration was that the removal of the Infinity Stones from continuity would create schisms in their pre-ordained paths, in all likelihood dooming those realities to something devastating not unlike "The Snap" itself, because the Stones are a fundamental part of the being of the universe. Like, if the universe no longer contains the function that controls "Time", weird shit's gonna start happening.

Those are the branches being pruned. If the Stones never effectively leave their respective realities, then the bad things can never happen to those universes. No branch/fork in that universe's continuity will be created.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

And I would say the misunderstanding is still on the fans

Pruning branches could mean a few different things

5. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    FB_IMG_1558781118938.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Funeral scene group shot

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Who’s Terry Nortary playing in that scene?

8. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

He did some mocap for Groot and played Cull Obsidian, so there for Groot at the funeral.

They all look far too cheery for a funeral... :) 

9. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I knew that had to be real, not cgi the groups together.

10. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    How does this indicate the soul stone is evil? It says in Infinity War that it’s necessary so the wielder understands the sacrifice

11. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Murder. It's necessary that the wielder understands murder, and it will only appear to people who value its power more than anything in the universe. Clint got it on a technicality; a cold-blooded monster chucking his daughter off a cliff is the intended solution to the puzzle.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Pure insanity. We all thought they were just talking about the final battle with the 40 characters... which I mean they were, but they threw us off the scent of this masterpiece.

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Thor is wearing crocs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Are we sure thats absolutley true and not just circumstantially true? Most mystic guardians tend to speak in vague terms, if not outright riddles so its hardly likely they can sit and nut out a contract of exchange. Maybe an athlete could sacrifice their ability to walk. A musical virtuoso their ability to play music etc.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, given how weirdly the Russo's sometimes use CG when it comes having actors "work together" in the same scenes when in fact they were never actually in the same room at the same time, I assumed most of the funeral cast was just face transplants of the actors onto stand-in body doubles. Glad I was wrong :) 

And I know it's against the PC rules nowadays to be a red blooded male superficially complimenting females on their looks, but damn, I can't believe that at 61 years old, Michelle Pfeiffer is far & away THE hottest one in that pic. I mean... jesus, look at her. As slinky & sexy as she ever was. STILL killing it all these years later.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    IMO Gwyneth Paltrow is pretty damn hot in the film. Then again, I might just be biased because I’ve wanted Rescue to be in the films for forever.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood

Sacrifice not murder,, sacrifice of “what” you most love

It’s not the fault of the stones that The big Purple only loved one thing/person

• Like Like x 1
  18. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Both times Schmidt says "That which you love. A soul for a soul."

The first part definitely suggests that it could be anything. I know a certain someone who would probably write their routing number on a Whopper wrapper and toss it over the side before they ever considered one of their family members. But the second part suggests that that thing must have a soul, ie be alive. I'm sure there's something Clint or Natasha could have sacrificed otherwise.

But regardless, it's not very encouraging to know that the Soul of the Universe is destruction, not creation.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah I can't lie, Paltrow isn't normally my cup o' tea, but I did think she looked pretty f'ing good in Iron Man 2 and 3 specifically. I was too overwhelmed with everything else happening i Endgame to really notice her, unfortunately.

But Pfeiffer in that group photo is just... man oh man... stunning. She always has been, but I still can't believe she looks THAT great at over 61

• Like Like x 4
  20. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Who says the "soul for a soul" means the Soul of the Universe is destruction? I mean, that's just the requirement to obtain the Soul Stone. Which, for all we know, was some protection measure set up for the stone to prevent just anybody from getting it, rather than something the stone itself requires.

• Like Like x 2