Avengers (4): Endgame - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Waiting for ROTB...

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Alright, I have a question, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I may of also forgotten something from the movie that could answer this question.

If the present Thanos got decapitated by Thor, and the 2014 Thanos came to the present, can't they bring back Iron Man from the past?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I have to say, that final battle was everything I wanted it to be.

The heroes being perfectly battered and beaten, just perfect to me.

3. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    yes.

will they?

probably not.

4. C16

C16 Space Nomad

But then they doom a branched reality by removing their Iron Man. I guess they could grab the Iron Man from that branched 2014 without a Thanos. Same with Vision and Black Widow. And Quicksilver. Ect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

But then the people of that branch loose their iron man, so it’s not really fair.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Seems like a bad idea because they would either leave a timeline without Tony, without Morgan, another Morgan without Tony, two or all of the above.

Anyway, something that I am a little disappointed that
    we never got to see what Thanos was capable of with all of the stones. IW gave us a small glimpse near the end but here once he gets them he tries to snap his fingers, fails and then gets ganked.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

With the model of time travel they showed, given enough Pym particles they could theoretically go back and get countless copies of any given hero just by going further and further back in time

* Go back 10 minutes, grab Iron Man
    * Go back 20 minutes, grab Iron Man
    * Go back 30 minutes... etc...

Each instance would generate a new fork, so the clean up would be a bit of a mess, but based on how they handled the Tesseract collection it could be done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not if that Thanos was returned back the moment he traveled. That was the discussion Banner and the Ancient One were having. Removing one stone would branch out the timeline. However, as Banner said, returning the stone the moment it was removed would put the timeline back on course as if it was never taken.

Banner said changing the past doesn’t change the future. So even returning Thanos back (or not) with the knowledge he knows doesn’t change the events of IW. It’s “inevitable”. The Ancient One said the stones are what create the flow of time. Removing any of the stones is what will cause a branched timeline, not whoe lives, dies or late for work. Since the timeline was corrected the moment it could’ve potentially went off course, the Thanos that traveled to the the future was never from a branched timeline. So in other words, the moments everyone went back to 2019, Cap was already there to return the stones.

So no, that was not a Thanos from a branched timeline because that would not have been his future where all 6 stones were still present. So that Thanos you speak of would only have 5 stones in his reality. The time machine they built was designed to jump to certain points in their own timeline. Not to jump between different realities.

As for Loki, recall what Banner and the AO said above. Loki wasn’t supposed to escape, but so long as all of the stones are in their reality, the timeline won’t change. So even though he escaped, he still ends up dying at the beginning of IW. Just like Cap staying in the past, but he didn’t “come back” like you said. He just secretly lived the rest of his life away from his past self because if he did “come back”, it would’ve been through the time machine like everyone else that traveled. I wouldn’t call these branched timelines, but more like blips that corrected themselves because all of the events that happened and will happen are all inevitable.

9. C16

C16 Space Nomad

It can't work like that. Steve couldn't have lived his life until being elderly in the main timeline because doing that would have created a branch, infinity stone or not. And it wouldn't explain that he appeared with a shield either at the end. They can't change the past so Steve staying in the past, growing into an old man and sneaking on to the bench in 2024 or whatever after his young self left wouldn't work because we know they can't change the past, and him sitting on that bench as a result of living his life in the past is a direct result of time travel.

10. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

All of this makes sense, especially in the context of the MCU...

I just don't like the idea of the Shield getting beaten up like that. I know it's been destroyed in the comics too but under much greater circumstances...for instance, Thanos WITH all the Infinity Stones, not without.

11. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. KabutoRyder

KabutoRyder www.taurianfilms.com

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    As well he should have been

• Like Like x 3
  13. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Steve couldn't have lived his life until being elderly" What? Steve lived the rest of his life in the past, thats why he is old now in the present because he caught up with time/present.
    As for the shield, who is to say he didn’t have another one created or maybe recovered the damaged one and had it fixed before handing it over?

Thats what I've said. Cap staying in the past doesn’t change anything and with all the stones present, there is no branched timeline. Go back and watch Winter Solider where Cap is talking to Peggy. Look at the photos next to her. You will notice that not one of those has a picture of her husband. Maybe her husband was Cap and she had to keep his identity secret from the rest of the world. They only mention her husband once and that he was among the thousands of people Cap saved. Maybe that was a small lie? Also, she still kept her last name Carter throughout the years. She wouldn't use Rogers to keep him a secret.

15. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Saw the movie on Friday and loved it. Did not feel like 3 hours at all. When the movie started to slow down and close at the end I was thinking no way that was 3 hours but it was. I would say it was probably the best possible way to end some of these characters arcs. I would say after this movie it should be clear that Captain America and Ironman are the Luke Skywalker and Han Solo of this generation for the most iconic heroes in film. I would say this could be my favorite movie of all time and could be the reason why I may consider the MCU my favorite all time movie series beating Star Wars. I love Star Wars but gotta say Marvel has done it if they are making me say this. I hope the MCU does not lose it after this since it will be a new cast of characters taking the lead. Every scene Captain America scene was just awesome. He will always be my favorite character here.

Got to rant though but man of course I get stuck sitting in front of the guy who has to say the name of every character when they show up. Captain Marvel shows up, "looks its Captain Marvel!" and then went Hulk shows up "It's Professor Hulk!". Then when Hulk goes to see Thor, "It's going to be Thor". Thanks you moron for pointing that out. Also ok I get everyone exciting and wants to clap but seriously some people need to chill. When Captain Marvel shows up on screen the first time my theater lost their shit. Seriously people calm down the character just floating in space no need to riot.

• Like Like x 2
  16. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Cap being in the past is a result of time travel and thus is changing things. He was never supposed to be there without time travel, and if he's there because time travel, he's branching it. Anything done as a result of time travel is a branch and has zero effect on the main time line. Steve can't affect the main time line by going back, growing into an old man and walking in the test site in present time. They clearly stated this. Their timeline up until Ant Man's discovery was free of time travel up until that point because they are unable to visit that timeline. The moment they step foot back in time, it creates a branch to ensure their timeline stays secure and utterly unchanged.

17. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

18. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    The shield had to get broken eventually. It was a must. Practically a Cap event trope.

• Like Like x 2
  19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I was playing GTA 5 online last night and some random dude messaged me spoilers through the in-game messenger. Thankfully I saw the movie on opening night, otherwise I would've tracked him down to kill him.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    To clarify: NOT in the game.

• Like Like x 1