Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Shipwreck, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Does anyone else watch this show? Its really amazing. I can't wait till the entire first season comes out on DVD and when the second seasons starts. I read that is it supposed to be a lot darker then the first season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I gotta change mine to match the new background color.

3. Monkey_37

Monkey_37 Member

I've watched a handfull of episodes, but not nearly enough.

My girlfriend gets cable at her mum's house, so she taped a bunch of episodes for me. I can't watch them yet because I don't have a TV hooked up to my VCR and watching anything we like at her mum's place is tough because her mum doesn't like anything unless it's French.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed all the episodes I have seen and look forward to the DVDs coming out. The Region 1 DVD covers look absolutely stunning. I might have to import them because here in Australia these sorts of animated programmes don't really come out on DVD. We never got a local release of Invader Zim (had to import the boxed set) and Ren & Stimpy season 1 won't be out for quite a few months.

We have no trouble with anime because local company Madman are very much on the ball, and Disney eventually release all their DVDs here, however Nick DVDs are not very common. The only ones I can think of offhand are Rugrats DVDs.

Have you heard Lego will be bringing out a line of Avatar: The Last Airbender construction sets? I haven't seen any photos of them yet, but if they're anything like the upcoming Batman Lego sets they should be pretty fun.

~Laine~

4. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome series.. I cannot stress this enough.. I serious fell for it last year when I was on vacation, me and my brother cancelled or plans to watch a few episodes...

Anyone have a clue what book the next season will be? I'm hoping it will be earth, since it sems that we are through with the water story arch.

excellent writing, character development, and robust characters...

5. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Very cool show. I was very surprised when I saw something like this on Nick.

6. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Really good show and YTV finally showed 2 new episodes this past weekend.

7. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Quoted for truth
    I wasn't expecting that water deity to kill Adm. Zhao and for that princess to sacrifice herself. The series is far more mature than any action cartoon I watched as a kid.

8. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like a smartass, did you even read Shipwreck's post? Or were you being a smartass?

But then if you weren't being a smartass, but you see that I brought it up, you could use that as an excuse for not reading his post in the first place. Basically you'd be lying, but using an excuse I unintentionally gave you.

I have a headache.

9. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I'm gonna keep mine.

10. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

"Reportedly, during the 2006 Golden Globe Awards, Adam Johnson interviewed Anthony Lioi, one of the directors of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Lioi told Johnson that Nickelodeon will release a teaser for Book 2: Earth by the end of January. He offered details on the season premiere, called “The Avatar State,” which will flashback to past episodes. The second episode will see the debut of Zuko’s sister, Zula, with a war balloon in her arsenal. He also mentioned that the Zuko/Katara's relationship “might just blossom over the new season”. He stated that the second season will be darker and add more depth, adding that audiences should “expect the unexpected”."

11. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

*points to custom title*

I'll be talking to you tomorrow.