Autocracy #1

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Matty, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's only available digitally, easiest way to get it is through the iOS, android or browser comixology apps

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    iOS? also, i could use a link-everything i find is news only, no actual links...

3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    iOS ~ iphone OS: iPad (best Comics reader), iPhone, iPod Touch

Transformers: Autocracy #1 - comiXology
    here's were you can buy it to read in-browser (or just wait a few months for the eventual collected version)

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    just my luck-it requires a credit card, wont take a debit card.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "This comic sucks", to quote Linkara.

A: Orion is suddenly and without precedent is acting like a murderous thug. This is supposed to take place after Ongoing #23, where he arrested the bots who murdered his collegues. Here, he is about to execute Swindle for selling weapons? WUT?

B: I had to LAUGH at the idiotic idea that Swindle, Swindle of all people would be maniacally preaching to Orion about equality and how Megatron wants to liberate the masses. SWINDLE. We all know why he joined the Cons. It's in the bloody name, for Primus' sake!

C: Bumblebee shoots a guy in the head (rather then, you know, shooting the detonator the guy raised high in the air, or shooting the arm holding the detonator off...) and suddenly 2 pages later it is him who tells Optimus executing Swindle is not 'right'? Le sigh.

D: The art... is muddy and sometimes hard to make out, as in Chaos. This guy should be painting impressionist paintings, not drawing comics. This pencil and color style simple, does not fit the medium.

Oh and last but not least - yeah, this was written by the guy who is responsible for the "heel-face-turn hero-to-villain without much reason" of Blizzard characters like Kerrigan, Arthas and many others. He just likes to destroy heroes and make them into villains, trouble is he cannot do it well and instead of us seeing the psychological process that causes this, it's usually some magical/technical outside force. 10 bucks saying Orion Pax is too acting this way because of the empty Matrix chamber in his chest... which is a silly, stupid idea.

6. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My first digital comic,now I only want to read them this way! Pretty good so far,I'll see how the next issue goes. can't beat the price at .99

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've used my debit card before, don't know why it wont let you but every purchase I've made through comixology, be it in app or through the browser I've always used my debit card

8. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

What? I use my debit card there all the time

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well it didnt take MY debit card-damn bad luck...

10. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Someone on another forum mentioned that these Autobots seem more like their Shattered Glass versions, and I think that's an accurate observation. I don't mind adding shades of grey to the Autobots, but making them aggressive civilian-abusing thugs is missing the point a little, IMHO.

I wonder if Flint Dille's hiatus from the franchise has anything to do with how intense the GRIMDARK is in this issue. He hasn't written TFs since we were kids, and he knows that most of the comic readership are adults now, so I wonder if he's trying to "mature" it up and going a little overboard in the process. Or maybe that's completely wrong, and it's Metzen who is pushing the Autobot jerkishness. The Alliance in WoW are often douchebaggy, so maybe that's how he prefers his good guys to act. At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how the story and characterization develops.

That would be a good explanation. I like the idea that there are lots of different mechanical life forms out there, just like there are lots of different organic life forms. Maybe Cybertron was more of a trade hub (or tourist attraction?) before the war.

Man, you're having a terrible time trying to get this comic. :(  I use my debit card too, so I can't imagine what the problem could be. Digital comic purchases are supposed to be easier, not harder.

11. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it did seem somewhat out of character. I sort of felt it was meant to portray Prime's rising frustration that the institution he represents is loosing its grip and good standing on cybertronian society. He's getting desperate (and the matrix chamber making him fell weird), and loosing his cool.

8 pages is not a lot, i for one will continue buying cause i think it will pan out ok.

12. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

It was a little weird having Prime kick the crap out of Swindle. But as others have pointed out, he was feeling a bit off. I'll reserve judgment for when we get some more pages.

I thought Swindle however was completely in character--he was trying to say anything to keep from getting caught. I didn't find it as preachy but rather "how can I push his buttons to have him ease up?"

I also didn't have a problem with Bee reminding prime to chill after he sniped that dude like Perceptor. The guy was about to set off an explosion. An arm is a moving target, and there was no guarantee shooting the device would not trigger the explosion. Also there's a difference between taking out a real threat and beating an unarmed bot in custody to a pulp.

Liked the art, definitely better and clearer than Chaos. However, I couldn't really make out Prowl's alt mode. Surprisingly, I liked the iphone format. It's really meant for a bigger screen, but the moving panels were kinda nice.

13. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Just downloaded this. Not bad at all really, Livio's artwork was a bit more discernible this time around. However I still believe this type of art and action sequences do not go great together. And the citizens of Nyon threw me completely off. I actually thought they were off world at the beginning.

The story is interesting. It is interesting to see a side of Orion as I really don't think we have seen the fallout of losing faith in "The System". And interesting pattern of growth placed there which I hope is explored properly.

All in all not bad at all.

14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Erm, he was already caught. He should have kept his mouth shut and demanded a lawyer, not brag and piss off his already obviously quite angry captors. That'd have been the sensible thing to do, and you are right - he did push Pax's buttons. All the wrong ones.

I like the new form of Prowl used here and MTMTE, I am hoping it is his FOC form and he'll be in that game.

15. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Great comic! liked how the civilians looked very humanoid.