Autobot set with new deluxe bumblebee???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by evac167, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, to each their own. I honestly just want any version of him, I don't care if he's rusty or G1 colored.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yes, that is a silver truck. Judging from the mismatched detailing, it seems they're aiming to make it appear to be so old that you can see the various schemes it's worn in its lifetime. To be more exact, judging from the layering, it's showing the bare metal frame, which was first painted in a blue w/ white stripe (read: pre-G1 Battle Convoy scheme/Powered Convoy Cab?), then painted over in some light color (white or silver, hard to tell b/c of the bare metal showing) with dark red/maroon flames (Movie scheme, obviously).

The only brown I'm seeing is the large amount of rust, which is appropriate for a broken down truck of an age where multiple paint layers are phasing through the eroded upper layers. This happens with old train rolling stock all the time
    [​IMG]

From what I can tell, the windows are wrong on the Hasbro version (clear, not blue tint) and the flames aren't worn.

That's more important, I'd think, than the base color of a rusty truck.

Not everybody shares the same wants list as you. For all you know, he may have no interest in the Rally repaint of Skids or the Dread, or he already owns a version of both molds anyway and doesn't want doubles.

And that's better than the excellent-all-the-same looking Takra truck mode with the more detailed aged deco, the rusty rims, and suitable gunmetal legs, which all translate presumably well into robot mode? Given that most people display Transformers figures in robot form anyway, I'd say that's more appropriate than having a sort-of accurate alt. mode rear while sacrificing everything else, including the other, eye-catching cab portion.

3. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    (Pardon the double post)

And I stated my opinion that he's possibly more accurate, I didn't say he definitely was. You might be right, but I think it's dumb to call someone stupid for saying they want a still nice looking and cheaper toy. You have your opinion, other people have their opinions. Like I said in the post above, I'd be fine with the retail G1 version, paint schemes aren't too high up my priority list.

You can buy the Takara one if you want to, but don't diss someon if they like the Hasbro one (which will be cheaper and have two extra transformers).

Sure. Skidsll work, the Sonic ain't gonna transform, so why should it matter?

4. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    But he didn't diss anybody, you're the one who got on his case about something you already admitted you don't personally care about. Even this sentence I quoted has you clearly trying to make it clear you think Hasbro's is superior just because it's a value pack.

5. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    I'm getting on his case? I just told him he might've been incorrect, and he goes and calls me stupid for thinking one toy looks better than an other. All this arguing over a piece of plastic is getting silly. I'm done.

Knowing you you'll probably say that I'm saying that and leaving because I think I'm wrong.

Or you'll say something about a post on my profile (which id appreciate if you'd stop stalking).

You might say that I'm also freaking out over a toy, which is probably true.

You might bring up something from my past, saying how I'm an immature brat, which I was.

Or you'll just reply, hoping I'll reply and make me look like an idiot.

I don't blame anyone for reporting me, I did break a rule or two, and reporting me would be justified.

6. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

So any idea on when this set gets released? I know occasionally we get the little ID tag on the displays that lists month or so of release.

7. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    Maybe November? For Christmas?

I hope I'm wrong, would like to get it for my birthday.

8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Um...

That's not you telling him he's incorrect. That's you telling him he doesn't understand the color of rust as based on the original color of the thing beneath the rust (though given you say the cab must be brown all over, you must think all rusty toys must have Mater-levels of rust).

Only then he posted the picture, and as usual you try to change your argument because he was right all along, so much that you're talking down to him.
    "But if you wanna...more power to ya" is basically the nice way of saying you think it's a mistake that the other person is making, which in this context shows you care more about getting more toys for less than getting the best version of one toy, and act as if that's everybody's opinion.

As far as you actually know, he never was going to buy either in the first place. He was just making an observation, but you're the one who escalated things into acting like choosing the more expensive, more screen-accurate version with the bullet holes and the professional grade weathering job is somehow the wrong choice just because the inferior looking Hasbro version comes bundled with two deluxes, when the fact Hasbro's figure coming in a bonus pack wasn't the thing he was complaining about or the reason why you got on his case about in the first place.

I don't want to get into another fight with you, so I'm stopping here. But seriously, you really need to get over yourself and understand that anything even criticizing something you like is not a personal attack on your person.

9. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Burnout I completely agree with you in everything that you have said. Two thumbs up man.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.