Heavy/Scratch: Autobot HQ vs Decepticon HQ Diorama

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Quintessential Prime, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Latest Diorama:

Autobot HQ vs Deception HQ

So, here's a project I was challenged with by a fellow UK collector.

There's a combination of battery powered LED wiring and USB powered strip lights. The USB strip lights make use of a remote which controls a variety of colours and effects. The LED wires have three modes: "on", "slow blink" and "fast blink". The display pieces are made from a wooden framework, hand painted and varnished throughout. The faction logos were cut by hand and designed to allow the two halves to clip together when the units are joined. The outer faction symbols have a really 80's feel to them in the way the neon glows in the dark and both are wrapped around a series of pins. I've tried to keep them in a similar style but with their respective differences.

I can't thank Ben enough for putting his faith in me on this project and allowing me to turn his vision into a physical thing. As always, I've thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of producing this and I am humbled as ever that I've had the chance to do it, so Ben, my sincere thanks.

This is the result. Enjoy!

Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_001.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_002.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_003.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_004.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_005.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_006.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_007.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_008.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_009.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_010.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_011.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_012.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_013.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_014.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_015.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_016.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_017.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_018.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_019.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_020.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_021.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_022.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_023.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_024.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_025.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_026.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_027.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_028.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_030.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_036.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_037.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_038.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_039.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_041.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_042.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_043.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_046.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_047.jpg Autobot_VS_Decepticon_HQ_Diorama_050.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. FredrickMcQuil

FredrickMcQuil Poor transformers fan

Very cool!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there'd be a market in the fandom for those.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your positive comments. I'm in it for the hobby aspect over mass production for right now. I've been getting semi regular commissions since my first Diorama - the Mirage cloaking field. I take commissions when they pop up but don't actively look for them just because of time and commitments really. If I could make time between two jobs and a family I'd throw more into it but for now it's all about enjoying the hobby side of things. Part of me would like to get picked up by a company to work on designing dioramas around the Transformers universe though... that would be a dream come true!

• Like Like x 1