Autobot deaths theory (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ironguymanpie, Jun 29, 2014.

1. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now this is just a theory, but I've been thinking behind the reasoning of why we were only shown ratchet and leadfoots deaths, and we didnt get a confirmation on anyone else's fates. First off, I think there were only two on screen deaths because hasbro didn't want to piss off fans of the older characters by LITERALLY KILLING THEM OFF TO MAKE WAY FOR THE NEW GUYS, sound familiar? Anyway, onto actual reasoning behind the choice of the characters deaths. Ratchet came easiest to me, as his death would be the make the most impact on the audience ( next to bee and prime of course). Now leadfoot is different, why leadfoot? He wasn't even named until the credits of the last one, then that's when I realized it. Not only do crosshairs and leadfoot share the same voice actor, they also have the same voice basically. Bay probably wanted DiMaggio to be an autobot again, but hasbro wanted all new main characters besides bee and prime, so he kills off leadfoot and right after we are introduced to crosshairs. What is the real importance of this? Well if hasbro really wanted to imply that bee and prime were the only survivors, wouldn't it be more logical to show ratchet and sideswipes deaths? Which made me realize, they didnt want to kill off sideswipe. They would rather keep two corvettes, than keep two voices. So yeah I'm pretty sure sideswipe is still alive. Thanks

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I'm pretty sure they're all dead. Just because we didn't see them doesn't mean they're not dead as a doorknob. Seeing only Ratchet and Leadfoot was just to show that, yes, the Autobots were being killed.

3. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Nah. He could still be alive just like that Jedi who was suppose to be killed in Star Wars Ep3 but then her scene got cut out. Maybe they're saving him for TF5

4. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    There is a very simple, easy reason why Sideswipe and Dino weren't shown being killed and Leadfoot was. Actually, two reasons:

1) Licensing. To have a car appear on screen, they have to get the maker to agree and, most likely, pay them out money. Thus Dino is 100% out because they weren't going to pay Ferrari money for a 15 second clip.

2) But Mr. Chaos, you say, GM is partners with these movies so they don't have to pay for Sideswipe to appear. Yes... but Sideswipe wasn't voiced by John Dimaggio. You have him in there doing Crosshairs lines, so you have him do one of Leadfoots. For Sideswipe you'd have to get his voice actor back in and that costs money!

There ya go, kids, that is your answer.

5. ironguymanpie

News Credits:
    Dino was supposed to be dead, Ferrari said no killing their car, so they probably opted for an offscreen death in between films, but sideswipe, as little screen time as he had, was the most popular of the newer autobots, simply because he was in two films. Also, i doubt it was the voice actor reason because when leadfoot died on the video, that wasnt dilaggios voice, sounded more like Robert fox worth to me. If they wanted to kill off sideswipe, they could have without paying his vo, but they didnt.

6. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they all kicked the bucket. I mean, just put two and two together and it's quite self-explanatory....

7. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 Mirage's Porsche mode is proof he's the best spy

News Credits:
    What was it meant in the movie that some robots were granted amnesty? Can someone explain to me in length what it suggests in specifics with which robots were pardoned to leave?

8. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    He was talking about the Autobots. They were granted Amnesty because of what they did in Chicago... but now Attinger decided he didn't like that so he went "Let's kill them all"

9. ironguymanpie

News Credits:
    So you're saying hasbro did it again, they killed off nearly all the characters that children spent money on in the past just for their own interests? Hasbro isn't capable of doing such a thing, at no point in time would hasbro ever do that, that would mean hasbro views children as money and not the future as good people do? Are you guys telling me that a business would screw other people over and possibly scare children just to make money. Hasbro would never do such a thing... Kidding, i know they are probably all dead, I just thought killing off all heroes to make way for new ones was left in the 80s. Im just tired of the movies and tv shows treating these characters like living people while their on screen, and then just killing them off. I know it's done some in other movies and shows, but really, these movies have higher body counts than a majority of some horror movies

10. ironguymanpie

News Credits:
    That's another thing, how was attinger able to cover that all up, I wish they showed us some part of the clean up/cover up

11. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Dont forget the deck of cards. All those dead have red X. There were many Bot cards and not all of them had a red X.

12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I think partly he was using the ignorance of the general population. Hell a lot of the movie audience can't tell the difference between the robots. In universe it seems reasonable that someone on the East coast or in Mexico could be told that the hunted down Autobots are Decepticons and the people would probably believe them.