Authentics Titan Changer Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by shizen22, Jan 4, 2021.

1. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    Found this guy at Aldi's of all places. Grimlock's supposed wavemate, Starscream, came out back in summer but Grimmy was never seen in stores until this winter it seems. Like the rest of the Titan Changers, Grimmy makes no attempts to cover the hollow areas and most of his limb and body are one-piece parts.

20210103_210710r.jpg
    20210103_210724r.jpg

20210103_212131r.jpg

One important thing you'll notice is that Grimmy is the first Titan Changer to have leg articulation at the waist and knees due to them being transformation joints. On top of that, his beast mode has a moving jaw and his legs move of course due to them being his arms. Unfortunately, the arms are fixed in place.

20210103_211206r.jpg
    20210103_211229r.jpg
    20210103_211251r.jpg
    And now some size comparisons with Starscream. In robot mode, he's about a head taller!

20210103_211413r.jpg
    20210103_212226r.jpg

And that wraps it up. He's definitely the best Titan Changer to date as well as the first Autobot Titan Changer to not totally suck compared to the Decepticons. :D  I definitely won't mind seeing further additions to the line if this is a sign of things to come.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    in some dark corner of time and space there's a universe where these are the only chug toys we ever get

• Like Like x 3
  3. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    "Ok, team, how do we get taller figures?"
    "Let's stretch the CAD models vertically."
    "Great! Let's do it!"
    "Sir, that was a joke."

Saw these at a Kroger store before. Looked hilarious. My son was like "no".

• Like Like x 1
  4. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    And you didn't do your duty as a TF fan and light them on fire?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  Wow, that's fucking awful. I mean, I'm glad someone likes them but holy hell they're super not good.

6. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah fat chance. I’m sticking with my US Masterpiece Grimlock thank you.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That is about as awful as you can get. It's like they had a contest to see who could come up with the biggest transforming design that uses the least amount of plastic as a goof, then decided to actually make it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. shizen22

News Credits:
    Wow, the vitriol is strong in here! Like, what did the Titan Changers ever do to you guys?? Seriously! :p 

For those who own or have had cats, you know how you buy the some fancy cat toy and the cat totally ignores it in favor of playing with the box the toy came in? It's kinda like that but human kid version. Because as much as we love our masterpiece Grimmy and what not, that fancy stuff is lost on most tykes who are gonna gravitate towards that big guy in that simple packaging with that nice price tag of $10 or less (I got mine for $6). Too bad I don't have the MP on hand but I'm pretty sure the TC towers over that one (and pretty much any other official Grimmy incarnation that I can think of).

• Like Like x 4
  9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What's the sticker price on this Grimlock? That will determine how much respect I believe the figure is due. :) 

10. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

Holy.

Crap.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

All things considered, I agree, this thing is probably the best they're going to do within the meager budget constraints of the Titan changers while keeping a certain size constraint...

While the bot mode is probabaly the most malnourished Grimlock I've ever seen, the T-Rex mode aint too bad... and the transformation is the simplest we can get it.

Serious question though, how much of the unnecessary gaps can be filled in WITHOUT interfering with his engineering and articulation?

jya na!

12. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

A funny looking toy because of how skinny and long the limbs are while the head and body are normally proportioned.

This is at least better than those Titan heroes TF toys that don't transform.

13. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

$12.
    Also, apparently Hasbro mistransformed it. Shizen, thanks for showing it. It seems like a great toy for the under 10 crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK, I saw toys from the same line for about $10. I don't like 'em myself, but they're big for the price, and something you can give a kid to play with and not feel TOO bad if it ends up broken an hour later. Maybe I think it's a little too much for what you get, but then a tiny core/legends class toy is roughly the same price, and I'll take a 'titan changer' over those older "What do you mean it's not a novelty chocolate bar?" Titan hero figures anyday. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. shizen22

News Credits:
    I'd say the small tai piece that tucks into the legs and the head are the easiest. Everything else, you have to watch for less you encroach on an area that gets filled in during transformation.

On prices, the most I've seen is the mentioned $12 which was either at a Family Dollar Or Dollar General. Most places should have it for $10 and cheapest by far was the Aldi's where I got Grimmy for $6 (which might possibly be a price mistake since it might have been mixed in with the Transformers clearance).

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is the general purpose of the Titan Changers, after all...

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Be that as it may, some things should just not be produced. Crap like this cheapens the entire brand.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Seamus McLame

Seamus McLame Well-Known Member

Does it, though? See, I see this figure as a great way to show one's kid one's favorite character and let them play with it, and not risk a tyke breaking an MP figure. Then, when they're older, one could show them the SS86 Grimlock and when they're even older one could bust out an MP Grimlock, and the kid would appreciate it just as much as you do. When all is said and done, these are toys, and these titan changers have great playability for small kids. If I had a kid I'd be ecstatic to hand them this Grimlock and let them throw it around while I narrate and say things like "Me Grimlock best flying autobot" when they inevitably yeet the toy across the room.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Exactly this. These, as far as I’m concerned, are officially made knockoffs.

Stick with either the Masterpiece or SS86 Grimlock, depending on your price range.

• Like Like x 1