Australian Toy Fair 2006

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by llamatron, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Awesome clear photos and good news from Don!:) 

I know I'll be getting both, but I'm hoping Hasbro makes a WW Megatron down the line. Or WW Trypticon.:D 

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    maybe the WWI design didn't translate well enough into toy form, hence Don's redesign. *shrugs* I like it and will buy it though, it looks like his altmode will still fit in nicely next to op's.

I don't get why Furman decided to Change O P's name for his comic though.. now it causes all kinds of confusion considering the Ehobby Orion Pax damnit :( 

Andy

3. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    The Hardwired novel actually uses both names. I think they refer to him as "He was Optronix, but his friends called him Orion." I have my own interpretation that is kinda easy. When Megs killed Orion Pax and the Aerialbots took him to Alpha Trion, he rebuilt him into a larger bot called Optronix. Later, Optronix was given the Matrix and became Optimus Prime. I like meshing conitnuities though, even if it means that it conflicts a little with War Dawn.

On topic, that WWI Prime is gorgeous! I normally don't like getting too many incarnations of one guy, but I think I HAVE to get him and Megs, even if Megs isn't THE WWI version (prolly the closest we'll get). And Jetfire is quite lovely too.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    There are 900 billion different continuity differences in Transformers. What's one more? Is his original name really going to throw people into fits who have otherwise been able to get over all the other continuity conflicts?

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It gives fanboys something fresh and new to complain on the internet about. Now ponder this, did Optomerix create eyeglasses for the constructicons, or did they create his faceplate to hide his bad dental work? It can't be both!!

*skull asplodes*

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    most likely has something to do with the grey legal area that surrounds all the sunbow material.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Dreamwave were able to use Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Daniel, Alpha Trion and Vector Sigma with no problem.

8. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Y'know the sad thing about this whole toyfair is that AUS retailers will probably not get most of the toys shown (just like with the Alts)

9. Foster

News Credits:
    That's terrible, they have a toy fair in your country and the toys shown will never arrive? Time to emigrate to the USA!

10. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

You know, I never thought of that.

Hmmmm, I'm gonna have to give this Megatron some more thought, before I decide to get him. Or I can wait until I see him in person, then decide. :D 

11. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

considering his trailer didnt do anything I bet there wont be one (just like MP Convoy doesnt have a trailer)

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well if you designed it, then it'll probably be a decent figure. But I don't get it though, why did they have you design a whole new Megatron when, the first few waves at least, are focusing on the WWI? Did the WWI design just not translate into toy form well as some have suggested? I'll probably still get it, but it'll seem somewhat "out of place".

The purple still bugs me. It's like it's trying to be half G1 Megatron, half Armada Megatron.

13. REDLINE

News Credits:
    but neither of those were purple?

14. Galaxy Convoy

Armada Megatron did have some purple, and both Megatron's are tanks.

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yeah he had some, but it sure wasnn't very much *L* not enough for me to draw the comparison other than them both being tanks. I've a feeling that its supposed to be a "new" WWI version, that something prevented them from making the real one into a toy, either from size contraints or cost or something else.

Andy

16. Galaxy Convoy

What other Megatron is there that has purple on him? Galvatron(s) excluded. But I have no problem accepting it if they just couldn't pull of the real WWI design. But the purple...It's clearly supposed to be G1 Megatron, or at least inspired by him, and the purple just seems out of place. Like a green Optimus Prime kind of out of place.

17. Foster

News Credits:
    I'd rather have seen purple on G1 Megs than the red on his legs. Always looked goofy to me, like a sunburn he got while spreading himself at spring break. That and his Down's Syndrome forehead.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Not very much? Its one of his main colours! Half of his robot body is purple.

One thing I'd like to see in this line is a Armada Megatron with actual leg articulation and Don-ified :p  design... oh yessssssss...

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Purple was a pretty common color on Megatron during G2. Big Tank Megatron had a purple cannon. Small Tank 'Combat Hero' Megatron had a purple body, and if the Dreadwing repaint ATB Megatron was released in big numbers, it had purple parts as well.

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i,like those before me, am curious to know why megs is different...he seems very styled like war within...but at the same time...after just looking at him more...he seems to be an alternate take on g1 megs...like, if he hadnt been a gun, he would be this....thats what i get from it at least