Australian Peters Ice Cream comic with alternate ending

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Frog, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Frog

Frog New Member

Hello all.
    I freely admit I have come here to pick your brains about a comic book!

I have the 1985 Australian Peters Ice Cream Comic with the 'alternate' ending.
    It has been described as "super-rare" by Transformers fans - so how rare is "super-rare"?

Again for complete transparency - if by rare, it means that only a couple have ever surfaced, I'll probably send it to CGC or CBCS for slabbing and keep it in my comic collection.
    If there are a few hundred, I'll probably think of selling.

So, how "rare" is this comic?

Many Thanks to all who can help!

Cheers
    s-l1600.jpg 1552262_orig.jpg

2. Cybertronman

Cybertronman Well-Known Member

I remember having this!
    It just removes all mention of Shockwave and the Dinobots if I recall, correct?
    Wish I hadn't "donated" this and my 100+ issues of Marvel UK when my parents moved house/town in the 90's.

3. Frog

Frog New Member

I'm not really familiar with Transformers Comics, and to be quite honest only found out this was a rare item when alerted by a fanzine writer.
    I'm into Golden and Silver Age books collecting wise so I really needed some info on this book.
    I received an offer of $300 - is this a fair price, or should I auction it, say on ebay?

Again, if it is super-rare, I will keep it.

I just need some info from the experts, so here I am!

Sorry if this sounds cynical, but this place was recommended to me as the "go-to" place for all things Transformers!

Hope you guys can give some info, as I cannot find much at all, save for the fanzine writer who states he has never seen this book.

Anyone know:

Original print run
    Estimation of books actually surviving
    Wether to slab and keep, or sell on to someone else who would get much more pleasure out of it than I would - and that depends on how many there are!
    If there are only a couple around, I'd prefer to keep it in my private comic collection. If there are a few hundred, then I'm happy to auction it off to a Transformers enthusiast.

All help is appreciated!

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never heard of it. Does it just reprint #4, or is it the entire miniseries? With an offer of $300 on the table, I think I might sell it, if it were me. Slabbing it would certainly increase its value, but it might price itself out of the affordability range of anyone who might want it. (Also it appears to be in Very Good condition, from the pictures, I don't think it would get a VG/Fine with all of those stress marks, so slabbing it might not be worth the cost to you.)

5. Frog

Frog New Member

Yeah, I'd go VG/VG+ for it (4.0 ish) - just waiting for more info re print run/surviving copies.

I'll gather info until Monday and go from there.

Thanks so much to all who replied.

Cheers

6. Thebaconflashman

Thebaconflashman Member

I know this has been a while about this thread on this comic, what information did you find out, I.e how many copies are there, value I have just got one grade 7.0 maybe higher, paid $8 that seemed like good value. If could help that would be great