Australia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by F22Raptor, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh nice, but it showed up in Taiwan first this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheFiresOfInferno

TheFiresOfInferno Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going, wonder what the reveals going to be. Gonna try the spin wheel as well. Ima wear my megatron shirt there eheh

• Like Like x 2
  3. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Give us an update.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rocka5438

Rocka5438 why yes i can deal with that right now

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    that has to be an adult-oriented event, right? (cus no way someone takes their kid out on a thursday night to JB hi fi)
    so will we see ROTB mainline figures/SS/MPM or will there be the simpler beast alliance toys?

5. galvatran

News Credits:
    My guess for the reveal is MP Hoist. That or Hasbro Oz has collected enough recycled plastic to make a Megan Fox clone.

It better not be the already sighted Armada Prime.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    apparently armada prime appeared in a Big W catalogue, and as expected, he's gonna be on sale for $139 instead of $179 during the Big Toy Sale

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  7. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, just saw pictures taken from a Facebook page. Not sure how they've got the catalogue yet, but it looks real. Very happy I didn't give in to impatience and buy from Singapore the other week for around $200 :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    More Big W sightings to report today!

These were spotted at Big W Eastland Shopping Centre in Ringwood, Victoria.

20230601_150729.jpg 20230601_150743.jpg

Rise of the Beasts Buzzworthy Bumblebee Deluxe-class Jungle Mission 3-pack (Cheetor, Nightbird and Wheeljack) - $105

20230601_150352.jpg
    20230601_150411.jpg

Rise of the Beasts Beast Mode Optimus Prime - $99

Bonus sighting, this is from Target in Chirnside Park, Victoria

Contrary to the website listing these as click & collect only, these are being stocked on store shelves.

20230529_155447.jpg

Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager-class N.E.S.T. Bonecrusher - $49

20230529_155418.jpg

Buzzworthy Bumblebee Deluxe-class N.E.S.T. Ratchet - $35

One last thing, I'm going to the JBee Callout event at JB Hi-Fi in Chadstone tonight.

I'm going to be wearing a black t-shirt with a crossed-out Autobot emblem with the slogan "Go home!" scrawled across it (what can I say? I have always loved the Decepticons!)
    If you see me come on over and say hi! :D 

~L~

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. snowman117

snowman117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    if i see you i’ll say something, i’m wearing a shirt with g1 prime and bee on it

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rocka5438

Rocka5438 why yes i can deal with that right now

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    does anyone know how the JB event went yet?

• Like Like x 1
  11. galvatran

News Credits:
    Yep, plenty of Jungle Mission 3-pack & Beast mode Optimus Prime at front of BigW Highpoint (VIC) store today too. Looks to be gearing up for their Toy Sale later this month.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shattered Trousers

News Credits:
    I'm on my way home from the JBee Callout Event and I thought I'd write up a few of my thoughts.

Hasbro Australia and JB HiFi hosted a great event. It was pretty chill overall with a relaxed vibe and plenty of prizes to give away.

I don't really know any of the guys from the Facebook Transformers club, but they were out in force tonight. One member brought along their Robosen Optimus Prime and their giant Lewin Resources Optimus.
    Robosen Optimus Prime was a crowd-pleaser, zipping around in truck-mode and transforming back and forth.

20230601_212931.jpg

Everybody who bought a Transformers product in store had the opportunity to spin the prize wheel for a prize ranging from assorted Transformers Pop! Vinyl figurines, a Double pass to see Transformers Rise of the Beasts in Gold Class at the Jam Factory, Voyager-class toys (choice of SS-90 AoE Galvatron or SS-86-17 Ironhide) and Leader-class SS-101 RotB Scourge.
    The big prizes were Titan-class Guardian Robot (3 were given out) and MPM-10R Masterpiece RotF Starscream (2 were given away.)

I spun the wheel and won a Voyager-class Age of Extinction Galvatron, which I didn't already own, so that's pretty great!

There was one exclusive prize only available at the event, a cardboard diorama backdrop styled like the Rise of the Beasts toy packaging with green jungle background and a mossy gray stone base.
    I don't know how many were available to give away. It seemed like there were quite a lot on hand.
    I was offered one of the dioramas, but I had to decline because I didn't have any way of getting it home safely.

20230601_212852.jpg

All participants who spun the wheel also received a very generous showbag containing 1x Deluxe-class figure (I got Studio Series RotB Airrazor), 2x Core-class figures (I got Legacy Dinobot Slug and Studio Series Shockwave), a Transformers G1 Key Art jigsaw puzzle by Impact Merch, 2x blind bagged Transformers Ooshies pencil toppers and lastly a lanyard with an image of Bumblebee's face from the end of the 2007 movie printed on a plastic card.
    I'm not 100% sure, but it's very likely every showbag bag contained the same figures. I overheard other people talking about getting Airrazor and Core-class Slug in their bags.

Free Rise of the Beasts posters and stickers were handed out to everybody in attendance.

I left at about 7.30, half an hour before the end, so I don't know if there was any sort of special reveal at the end of the event. Nobody said anything about staying 'til the end for an exclusive reveal, so I'm not sure whether there was anything planned.

I think I would've had more fun if anybody I know was there, but I had a good time and I think the organisers did a very good job to promote the upcoming movie.

I don't think I saw you. I do remember somebody with a G1 Megatron t-shirt with front and back print.

I also saw somebody wearing an amazing button-down shirt printed all-over with Andrew Griffith cover art from IDW Optimus Prime #25.

~L~

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Discosis

Discosis Member

News Credits:
    Hello folks, Jason from TCCA (Transformers Collectors Club Australia - the Facebook group) here! We put the call out for people to attend but all credit for running the event has to go to Hasbro and JBee Hi-fi.

I'm really glad that the event got shared here - I spoke to someone who told me about this thread. Thanks for coming and I'm glad people had a good time!

We tend to mostly keep our posts to Facebook and our club members -- I will try to share local meetups and occurrences here too, but if you're on Facebook please give our page a follow and join our group - we're Australia's largest Transformers fan community!

If you see us at events (Supanova, Oz Comic Con, etc) please do come and say hi. It doesn't matter if you don't know us beforehand, you will afterwards!

• Like Like x 3
  14. snowman117

snowman117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i went and i got to spin the wheel but won a funko pop on the first time and a leader scourge the second, i already have a scourge so i might sell the new one, it was still a great time though seeing lots of new stuff in one place

btw does anyone know what that end of event reveal was?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shattered Trousers

News Credits:
    Hello, yes, that was me, guilty as charged.

I'll echo your compliments to Hasbro Australia and to JBee HiFi for hosting such an impressive promotion.

~L~

• Like Like x 3
  16. maloney4playz

News Credits:
    Honestly the JBee event sounds like it went well and was tons of fun.

Shame I couldn't go but here's hoping they do more in the future!

17. TheFiresOfInferno

TheFiresOfInferno Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    holy shit the JB event was awesome. i was the second person to win the guardian robot!! i was the guy wearing the double sided g1 megs shirt. it legit felt like i was in a dream when the wheel landed on Titan lmao

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  18. maloney4playz

News Credits:
    Catalogue | BIG W
    the Big W Big Toy sale catalogue is out!
    here's the advertised TF deals we will be seeing from it!

ROTB:
    weaponizer 2-pack:$23
    beast combiner: $29
    battle changers: $15
    masks:$47
    deluxe:$29
    voyager:$39
    beast mode optimus:$79
    remote control car bumblebee:$47
    remote control converting optimus:$85

Generations (legacy/SS)
    legacy leader:$69
    legacy commander:$139

SS leader:$75

chances the other stuff not mentioned will also be on sale, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff rolling out at the same time like new legacy and SS waves

• Like Like x 3
  19. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went to JB HI FI Chadstone after the promotion event. There are alot of MP figures instock and many other figures as well. I managed to get myself my very first ever mainline/G1 og character MP figure!!! Thundercracker!!!!
    @Black Convoy I believe this is the first time MP Thundercracker and MP Skids and MP Reboost is released to retail here in Australia and maybe exclusive to Chadstone JB HI FI, since the store staff mention it was part of the ROTB promotion.
    20230602_165238.jpg 20230602_165232.jpg 20230602_165310.jpg 20230602_165316.jpg 20230602_170415.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  20. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Notice Jb is going all in on the new movie? they r advertising the actual movie in their store windows display and also the new issue of Staff is themed on it.
    First ever time I see jb advertising an actual movie release instead of a home media release

• Like Like x 2