Australia Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by F22Raptor, Dec 29, 2003.

1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I linked to your sightings post in the news section, so you should get the news credit for it.

2. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $75-$80 has been the "off the shelf" price that I've seen for the leaders over here since they first started showing up. So, all 8 or so of the ones that I've seen (including that poor Shockwave who's just warming a shelf at BigW). Then Voyagers for $50-$55, Deluxe for $35-$40, and I don't remember for the others (I only bought the two cassettes - no interest in the rest).

Well, there was one exception to that: the Siege Astrotrain I managed to score a couple months back, from just in front of said Shockwave. But I consider that to be very much an exception due to a barcoding issue (which I did bring to their attention, even if it was very much in my favour, and still came out on top).

3. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the exact same thing happen with Astrotrain at Target. One single box on the shelf (and none stocked since), so I grabbed it, and they, after much deliberation, put it through as a voyager for $49.

I was expecting $100 because Target, the only place that has had leaders here, stocked them at $89. Happy to be wrong :) 

4. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quite right! It was Target where I found him. And, yeah, same thing happened - mostly because they didn't have the Leader Class price tags up on the shelf, so they opted to use the Voyager price instead since that's what was visible.

Odd thing is I could have sworn I was prepared to pay only $80 for him, not $90. Not that it would have really stopped me - would have cost about that to have it shipped anyway. But since I couldn't even clearly remember where I saw him I suppose it's not out of the question that I don't remember the price correctly either.

5. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Toyworld (Watergardens VIC) had all the Earthrise minus the Deluxe.

Leaderclass Optimus & Astrotrain at $90 each though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poked into Mr Toys Morayfield today. Nothing new to mention, but if anyone's chasing a Siege Ultra Magnus or Siege Astrotrain (maybe you want that particular box? I'm not the boss of you) they had about 4 of each on the shelf. $90 on the tag.

7. galvatran

Deluxe has arrived. Only Wheeljack left that I could see.

8. Stigcrafter

Stigcrafter Flailhand McHunchback

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    NEW SS WAVE IS HERE!!! After months of waiting it's finally here! (big w and kmart, sydney)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder if I missed those locally... not that I have a particular interest in any of those ones, but it might have been nice to know if they were more wide-spread.

Like, for example, Earthrise Deluxe and Voyager wave 1, spotted (as usual) in KMart Morayfield. One of each, so I clearly wasn't the first to notice (there was a second Wheeljack but that came home with me). There may have been Battlemasters but I wouldn't have known even if I fell over them, and there was no sign of any Leaders. *ed: Not pictured, but present behind Wheeljack was a Hoist.
    20200305_121507.jpg
    20200305_121652.jpg

I also got that Rescue Academy box in-frame on the second shot. Dunno if it's new, but just in case...

• Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  10. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahhh, time to go check on my Kmart :) 

One trip later... All 4 Earthrise deluxes have made their way to the dead heart (I grabbed all but Ironworks, because I don't think I like that one), but no voyagers or leaders yet (Siege Starscream is still warming the shelf, which might not be too bad as that might be my only way to get a Skywarp...).

No new micro-masters or battlemasters. All but two of the Siege deluxes (two Spinisters) have been removed (I think they've been sent back rather than sold).

They also re-stocked the Cyberverse deluxes (got my Bee at last!).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  11. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    Can confirm they're reaching other places - Deluxes and Voyagers spotted at Kmart in Northcote too. I picked up a Hoist personally but the three other lads were there too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thalyn

Thalyn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Freakin' Skywarp.... thought this might be my chance to finally get one, since I missed out on the BB7/YesModel MP KO (supposedly the best of the MP11s), and it's an Amazon exclusive. Only not Amazon AU - they just list it and mark it as "currently unavailable" from the get go. Not gonna pay those stupid mark-up prices, either, since it's still ultimately just a Voyager and a couple Battlemasters.

Maybe they'll give us an Earthrise Skywarp?

13. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably will, but I won't touch it with a ten-foot pole, because it will be the same mold as the new Starscream, which I loathe.

14. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

Aaaawwwwww Cliffhanger is so tiny.

15. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Oh man.
    I was JUST at Kmart (Garden City) on Wednesday, and the place was a freakin' ghost town.
    I did manage to pick up SS Cogman, which was nice, but I'm itching for some Earthrise. And I missed the restock by ONE DAY!

• Like Like x 1
  16. galvatran

Almost crapped myself Cliffjumper is sold as a Deluxe class but, you know, no toilet paper on store shelves... anywhere!

17. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

Funny just like a big bag of chips that's never filled the whole way after you open the bag its all at the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

Found the Earthrise wave 1 deluxes and Grapple at the Kmart in Marion in Adelaide

• Like Like x 2
  19. galvatran

Poor Ironworks. Getting no love at the Kmart & Myer stores I’ve visited.

20. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, he's just a lump, isn't he. No interesting alt mode, just a playset for the micro-masters and battle masters, all of which I avoid like the plague, and the robot mode is just... bleh. And it's not like I have any connection with the character, either (or, until he was listed, knowledge at all). At least the Siege weaponisers, which I didn't really want at first but eventually tracked down, have half-way interesting forms and go with the titans I have (I'm never using them as weaponisers, though).