August 2014 Community Discussion: Favorite Long-Term Figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by An Army of Bees, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    I think it's a toss up between Generations Springer or Drift. I love Drift's scabbards, alt mode and robot design, but Springer pulls off the triple changer design well, has virtually no kibble and looks like a batmobile.

2. Autobotmech

Autobotmech Truck-bot

Mm for me its a toss up, I do love my CHUG Kup, but I also love my takara jet vehicon, and I cant forget my lovely , lovely G1 jetfire.

3. FirstandBest

FirstandBest Cassette

By far it would have to be Classics Ultra Magnus. He has one of the best molds of all time and hes was the first exclusive in my collection.

4. MulayimSert

MulayimSert Active Member

WFC Optimus Prime.

5. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    WFC Optimus. It was the first toy I owned (sorry) and is very sturdy and fun to transform (I took the back kibble off). He also comes with numerous pegs for weapons, which makes him compatible with stuff from his own series as well as MechTech and TFPrime accessories. The pseudo "Super Modes" my brother and I come up with are incredibly fun and add another layer of "replayability" to him. He's been special to me for these four years and I don't see that changing for a long time to come.

6. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Mine is either Masterpiece Sideswipe or Deluxe Animated Blurr.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

A few for me:

MP Soundwave & tapes (I know newer but so fun to open up & pose every time)

G1 Computron

G1 dinobots

Classics Scourge

Classics Mirage

8. Go-Faster-Wings

Go-Faster-Wings Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus. Sure, he's a partsformer, but he's literally the first Transformer I ever played with. I still play with him all the time; he can hold 3 more guys in him!! I love to pose him in car carrier mode with Classics Sideswipe, Classics Wheeljack, and Cybertron Hot Shot, all three others that I'm constantly playing with. But Ultra Magnus is the most fun. And the metal Matrix that came in the Cyclonus Vs. Rodimus set fits in his chest!!

9. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toss up between the MP-11 and Classic Seeker mold.

The Classics mold was my first ever Classics mold and my 3rd TF I bought as a collector.

The MP mold IMO its just perfect.

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    classics 06 voyager OP. i havent seen an optimus yet that really can take his place on my season 1 shelf. in either mode he is great. the hand guns especially say optimus. sure the figure isnt the most articulated, i find i sometimes have issue with the wrists not swiveling. but ... still kicks ass!

prime arcee too. that figure. i dont have 1 i havent customized, even the beast hunter version. i liked the first edition 1 from the NYCC event more than the mass retail but the mass retail is such a great figure too. the rifle is one of the best released yet, especially when you plug the arm blade into it. HELL. YES.

im also really found of energon ultra magnus with knock out with armada primes trailer. forget thats is ultra magnus. knockout can pull primes trailer and the magnus cab, so to me at least, this is a micro master battle station! i like to sometimes have the micromaster battle patrol with this combo too. the base with thew big gun turrets on top? SO FREAKING NICE!!

11. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

Animated Rodimus. I love the smug bastard. Perfect design and poseability. Classics Skids too, as the best IDW homage, and my favorite Autobot. Animated Starscream, first edition...the one with the waist pivot. He oozes character and menace. Classics Prime. Almost perfect except the huge arm plates. Very heavy, blocky, and imposing.

I think Classics Roadbuster and Whirl will stand the test of time...they pair perfectly together, and are pretty much opposites, but both are armed to the teeth and completely badass.

That's my two cents.

12. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Voyager Prime, superb, great axe, face and poseability, pity Animated Megs gets all loose-legged and does the splits.

13. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime

Cybertron Crosswise/Smokescreen

14. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I must narrow it down to only one, it would be MP-10 Optimus Prime. Yes it's newer, yes there are other, older figures that I perhaps have a bit more fondness for. But this is THE flagship character, and THE best representation of said-character (near perfect, to the point that any improvements that can be made are incredibly minor). Playability, poseability are at a high level and the attention paid to even the smallest detail is amazing. This is my favorite long-term figure.*

* - Until MP Bumblebee comes out, at which time it will probably take the top spot.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Car Robots Black Convoy.

The G2 Laser Optimus Prime mold is easily my all time favorite figure, it's very well articulated especially for its time and still holds up real well, plus there's a lot of playability with it as well. Black Convoy's deco basically seals the deal in this holy union of awesome.

16. Rikerwota

Rikerwota Well-Known Member

I keep coming back to War for Cybertron Optimus Prime. The articulation of the figure, along with the custom rifle I made for it just looks awesome on my desk and evokes a lot of character.

17. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I'm an Insecticon fanatic, but my favorite figure ever is Cybertron Armorhide - good size, super poseable (he can easily take a knee and start blasting 'Cons!), neat alt mode, good price, and easy to customize into a number of other bots. Plus, unlike a lot of other Cybertron toys, he had a Cyber Key storage spot that made sense.

18. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

Ooh, he IS a good one! I need one ASAP.

19. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I'd sell you one of the many I own, but then I'd have one less and I'd be sad. Go find one quick! He's awesome!

20. Drifter448

Drifter448 Autobot Medic

Mine has to be Cybertron Overhaul, he was one of my first figures and he was a fun little guy to mess around with!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.