August 2014 Community Discussion: Favorite Long-Term Figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by An Army of Bees, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Before I continue, just a heads up: Results of this poll will be publicly shared during next weekend's Front Page article. If you don't want your stuff shared, just say so in your post. No big deal.

Next Saturday, the first of many TFW2005 Articles will be posted on the front page about a select few Transformers toys that for whatever reason I continue to return to again and again. Could be attachment to the character/series. Could be a love for the engineering and design. Could just be because a toy is fun or something (Wait, toys can be fun?)

This Month's Community Discussion's question and topic: Are there any Transformers toys in your collection that you keep returning to over and over again, and why? (I'd prefer answers to be about a single toy/mold, but there's plenty of wiggle room.)

For a quick example, and not one that's from the actual article: Classics Optimus Prime. The toy has aged over the last 8 years (CHRIST) but as the first Generation One-styled toy in my entire collection as well as the toy that kickstarted me back into The Hunt and actual collecting, he's kinda become my de facto Optimus Prime. Even if Cybertron Prime was the toy to get me buying toys again.

Looking forward to seeing what TFW2005 members have to say, and stay tuned for next week to see the article itself, as well as an archive of select answers from the thread.

Disclaimer: The toys MUST be attributed in some way to the Transformers brand. Third Party/Independent transforming toys, Gobots, and even Microchange/Diaclone toys WILL be accepted.

UPDATE, 8-23-14:

Article delayed to Monday due to reasons I won't get into, so I'm reopening the poll for more thoughts and answers until Sunday night at 10PM Central. After that time, answers and responses will still be allowed but won't be added to the poll results.

Many thanks to the 250+ users who have responded so far. I didn't expect NEARLY this amount of people to respond. Perhaps more topics shall come in the near future?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    I think Classics Bumblebee comes to mind. Slick car mode, easy and fun transformation, and a solid bot mode.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For me, it is and has always been G1 Optimus Prime :) 

4. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Mine, and I'm sure many other's, is going to be any version of the Classics Seeker mold.

I prefer Acid Storm out of the few I have.

5. Alterator

Alterator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara MP1. The original masterpiece. To this day, still the only TF that is always displayed in my house.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Funny, I came here to say exactly this. This is still one of my all-time favorite figures... just a perfect little Transformer. Fun transformation that feels solid, looks great in both modes, tons of character. When asked which figure is a perennial favorite for me, this is the first that comes to mind.

EDIT: Yeah, so for me, to make it official, Classics Bumblebee.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  7. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Shattered Glass Drift. I just love the colors on him and he's a fun mold to play with.

Classics Prime. I currently have 6 version of this mold and he's just a joy to play with. He never gets old for me.

Energon Five part combiners. I have all 7 versions of the NA release and I love them all. They're super fun to play with and mix and match the different limbs.

8. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    RID Optimus Prime/Fire convoy.

That toy is a masterpiece.

9. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I happen it agree, this is the figure I keep on hand at all times, you can do so much with it. Also, it's still better than any other bb figure since (even 3rd pty) imo

Honorable mention goes to classics cyclonus I think, but his alt mode is a little less impressive.

10. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Classics Optimus Prime in the front page story is mis-transformed! The leg panels are still folded back covering the rear wheels.

He's a good one to with for this poll. Why? Satisfyingly reminiscent of G1, but with a modern twist. Simple, fun, and intuitive transformation. Just an all around fun toy!

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    G1 Snapdragon is one of my favorite figures I own and I often find myself digging him out for play. Such a good mix of high durability, excellent articulation for a G1 figure and great gimmicks (headmaster and triplechanger).

Not as old as some but RotF Mindwipe is another figure I go back to often.

12. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Henkei! seekers. They have a simple and rapid transformation in just a few seconds.

13. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron

I've had my Hasbro version since I was a kid and it still hasn't exploded or lost any chrome. Probably my favourite figure I own.

14. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF Leader Optimus Prime

I love getting him off display and fiddling with him. Plus there are so many 3rd party add ons to make him better and better!

Ohh and RID Megatron is great to, so much playability with that figure

15. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Evasion mode optimus prime

16. Maroyasha

Maroyasha IOU A Title

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    For some reason I'm compelled to say Energon Sharkticon, simply love him. But Classics Megatron man, I have the one with the green, orange, purple, and white paintjob XD

17. DECADER

DECADER Spicy boi

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh god this. I love the Classic Bumblebee mold, such a fun little guy.

18. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... This is a tough one. A figure that I'll always come back to... And be like 'Yeah, I remember why I love Transformers'...
    I'd hesitate saying any figures from 2010 or higher because that just feels like it's too recent to even know if I'll still appreciate 10 years from now like I would Armada figures...

My favorite would have to be Galaxy Force Optimus Prime. That thing is such a fun, fun figure. I'd have voted Mp-01 Optimus, but I just don't fiddle with it a lot... I just sort of leave him there. Cybertron/Galaxy Force Prime is where it's at.

19. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Classics/Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Red Alert.

20. Logos Minor

Logos Minor Enabler

News Credits:
    Henkei Optimus. Great transformation, lots of ways to use his accessories. There's no guessing to why the mold has had so many uses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.