Fan Art: Auditions for a new Transformers Audio series "The Nightbeat files"

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Steeljaw, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Steeljaw

Steeljaw Play more games

News Credits:
    The Nightbeat Files:

Episode 1 Auditions

Welcome to the auditions for a new Transformers audio series, “The Nightbeat Files. This first round of auditions is episode one of what is currently a three part series, a lot of these characters will appear in multiple episodes, so if you get a role please be willing and prepared to continue it. Some characters have already been cast through emailing out a list to people I’ve previously worked with. All characters listed below have yet to be cast and are open to anyone willing to try out.

Please send all auditions to [email protected] subject TF Auditions and the character name(s) you plan to audition for.
    Label each file with your name, the character name and the line number.

Auditions will be closed May 18th

Anyone who is cast may be asked to perform a few additional background voices.

Available Characters:
    Scrounge, Senator Xeon, Nightbeat, Streetwise, Siren, Padlock, Wing Dagger, Flywheels, Bar Maid

Scrounge: A young serious voice, possibly something with a British accent. Scrounge is Senator Xeon’s aid/butler who is murdered at the beginning of our story.

Line 1 Scrounge: Will you be needing anything else this evening Senator Xeon?

Line 2 Scrounge: As you wish Senator. I’ll see you in the morning.

Line 3 Scrounge: Hello? Is someone there?

Senator Xeon: Elderly and Pompous. Senator Xeon is always looking at the P.R. angle. Everything he says and does is to look good for the public. He can be very icy when his reputation is threatened.

Line 1 Senator Xeon: What? Oh no Scrounge, that will be all, I’m sure you’re eager to head out for the night. Don’t let this old clunker keep you.

Line 2 Senator Xeon: Oh no rush Nightbeat, no rush at all. When you are a Senator, they wait for you.

Line 3 Senator Xeon: As a representative of the state I try not to associate with killers detective.

Nightbeat: A little too serious sometimes, Nightbeat is like Sherlock Holmes and Adrian Monk with a little bit of Richard Castle thrown in. He is very precise when he talks, saying exactly what needs to be said, but he’s not above cracking a joke even if no body realizes he made one.

Line 1 Nightbeat: No disrespect, but you are standing guard at the door.

Line 2 Nightbeat: Nothing at all Senator. I simply meant that as a state official it’s best to keep up appearances for the public eye. A bot can often be judged by the company he keeps.

Line 3 Nightbeat: It seems our friend Scrounge lead a much more interesting life then everyone initially thought. I want to talk to the Senator again. I’ll fill you in on the way.

Streetwise: A by the book stick in the mud, Streetwise can get very angry very fast. Dubbed “Prowl junior” Streetwise does not like Nightbeat’s methods. Everything is about procedure and evidence with Streetwise. Guess work and Hunches are not words you’ll find in his dictionary. A gruff sound for a rough no nonsense bot.

Line 1 Streetwise: I thought so. Why is it when I arrive back at a major crime scene to see two junior officer’s arguing like protoforms, a missing senor officer, and an irate Senator of the State storming out of his own chambers, that I’m not at all surprised to find you two interlopers, Nightbeat and Hose Head, the dream team of civilian, detectives.

Line 2 Streetwise: It’s our job Senator, we could do no less. These two men will be on duty for the rest of the night. You’re as safe as I can possibly make you. Goodnight Senator.
    Line 3 Streetwise: You’re a civilian! He’s a civilian, this is a police matter.

Siren: Right hand man to Streetwise, Siren is not afraid to stand up to his boss and voice his opinions. Much to Streetwise’s annoyance Siren is on friendly terms with Nightbeat and Hose Head, often bringing them on as consultants for cases. Streetwise respects Siren though for his dedication to the job.

Line 1 Siren: Someone just tried to assassinate Senator Xeon.

Line 2 Siren: It might be nothing, but it might be worth looking into. Unfortunately Streetwise doesn’t think so.

Line 3 Siren: Damnit Streetwise can you put your pride aside for one nanoclick?! If they have useful information for us then let em talk!

Padlock: One of the lower ranking officers in Streetwise’s unit, Padlock holds a lot of resentment for his position often taking it out on others. Sounds like a whinier Harvey Bullock.

Line 1 Padlock: Well look what we have here Wing Dagger. It’s the world’s greatest detective, oh and his sidekick Nightbeat.

Line 2 Padlock: That’s it Hose Brain you and me!

Line 3 Padlock: We’re the ones who do the real work around here, let’s see Siren or Groove do these shaft jobs without a complaint.

Wing Dagger: Partner to Padlock. Wing Dagger often tries to calm Padlock down but has learned to pick his battles and just let him rant most of the time. A very young cop, he still has a youthful excitement for the job.

Line 1 Wing Dagger: Come on Padlock, show some professional courtesy.

Line 2 Wing Dagger: It’s an important job Padlock. Someone needs to protect the Senator.

Line 3 Wing Dagger: And this is you not complaining is it?

Flywheels: One of Senator Xeon’s other aids. Flywheels has a gambling problem and often sneaks off work to scratch the itch. Sounds a bit like Beast Wars Rattrap but deeper.

Line 1 Flywheels: Look guys I’d love to help you really I would but I didn’t know much about the guy. He kept to himself.

Line 2 Flywheels: You know, now that you come to mention it. He did invite me out to Maccadams’ old oil house for a drink one time.

Line 3 Flywheels: Good. I got it all on Blurr, he’s a sure win I know it.

Bar Maid: The bar maid at Maccadams fills all the stereo types you’d expect. Middle aged, thick new york accent.

Line 1 Bar Maid: What can I getcha boys?

Line 2 Bar Maid: Comin right up.

Line 3 Bar Maid: Still thirsty boys? Oh my,

2. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Ill take a whack at nightbeat =)