Minor/Repaint: Attempting a low cheat combiner - WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by crosscharge, Mar 19, 2011.

1. crosscharge

crosscharge Classics tinkerer

Ebay:
    Hello all!

In an attempt to use some junkers, left-overs, and old customs that dont have a place on display anymore, I have started an attempt at a low cheating combiner.

While I have made an action-master style combiner before, I going to try to make a real attempt to keep this with a minimum of extra parts while retaining seperation.

As of right now its just the legs from a treadbolt(classics Jetfire) to act as new shoulders and the hands that will be extra. The bottom portion of treadbolts thighs/knees clip in nice and secure to the arm ports of cybertron prime.

Any comments/crits are encouraged. I know his shoes are a bit big at the moment, so anyadvice on how I can minimize that would be great! And while he is currently a nameless custom combiner, he is using alot of inspiration from my favorite combiner team.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Wow, looks very beefy! Voyager class legs! Very nice.

3. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

Dude, I love low cheat combiners, this one promises to be awesome already, looks like it's done.

4. crosscharge

Ebay:
    Yeah hes pretty stout, but I think it works pretty well with him. I love dropshot as the legs. Im working on a better waist plate out of the OP arms that make the transition look smoother.

Thanks for the encourgment! He is standing on his own right now, and can do some dynamic posing, but hes far from done. His arms are completely solid and have alot of posibility, though some require folding his wings back a bit. His feet arent quite as solid yet. They are just being held on by one of the clip tabs cut off of his feet and attached to the heel of dropshot. Once this gets done I need to make something to attach his hands between the legs of the arm-bots. I was going to use unicron hands.. but on a mock up they looked a bit large.. we'll see about that

5. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Looks good. What are the armbots?

6. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Woah man that's cool. Love the stout n beefy look your giving him. What were you thinkin for the hands?

7. crosscharge

Ebay:
    Its a movie wreckage and HFTD Terradive, both slightly modded. Wreckage's back cover has been removed to allow or complete waist rotation, and is going to be attached to one of his weapons to act as a shield and so it can be put back in alt mode (weapons never really counted for me as partsorming).

Terradive has had some plastic removed from his waist to allow the legs to flip over, shortening his arm mode. They both simply peg in to jetfires legs, wreckage uses one of his weapons ports, and terradive had a small hole taken out of his weapon storage.

I was hoping too use Unicron hands as they are menacing looking, but I think they look a little big, so a may go with Rid prime, or .... I'm still going through extras.