Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by FanimusMaximus, May 27, 2013.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am just laughing because the 139 apologists said...

...that the 20% could not simple bomb paradis with planes to Ashes.

Lesson of the story seems to be "If your need to defend yourself from people, make sure you kill all of them! Their kids too, or else they'll come back for revenge!"
    :confused: 

2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the anime will do it better.
    Maybe.
    Hopefully.
    Like maybe they will give more context, like it was a World War nearly a century+ later and this was only one city, with the human population decimated, showing these are the consequences for humanities hate-filled actions.

Or maybe it really was a sequel to Adventure Time all long.
    Either works.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So how many manga volumes is this series going to be in total?

After hearing some people say the ending completely hijacks the show (thankfully, they didn't spoil it), I've decided I'm just going to borrow the remaining volumes I haven't read from my local library instead of buying it. They've got up to Volume 33.

4. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I believe that the last one will be 38.

5. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the leaks finally.

I liked the magazine ending more?

6. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Crap, so it's going to be a while before they finish it.

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Okay, so I learned that 34 is going to be the final volume, at least according to the description for that volume online.

8. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Kataw.

9. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Okay, we are reaching levels of cope I didn't know was possible.

Eren fans have gone beyond anything GOT and SW fans ever have. They are now pushing a fan made comic as a legitimate alternative ending and think that they can get enough clout to have the anime use their version.

Spoilers, obviously.
    AoT no Requiem
    1622390060758.png

This is the most absurd fandom breakdown I have ever seen. I have never seen a fandom heavily promote some garbage fanfic to fix the ending and pretend that it is canon at this scale. It's so monumentally stupid, especially when they called it the greatest thing ever, despite the first chapter making no sense and being an exposition dump.
    Idiots.png

10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a fanfic made by people who didn't like the ending.

You can just ignore it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Why would I do that? I haven't enjoyed the series this much since they reached the ocean.

Honestly I have no idea how people supported Eren after he revealed his 'grand plan'. I remember when I found out about that chapter, I just started laughing my butt off. It was like, "years and years of being mysterious with your motivation, and THAT is your plan?" I guess Isayama was surprised that people still supported Eren and didn't recoil in horror. I mean, I didn't recoil in horror, I was too busy launching my sides into orbit over at how stupid, incompetent and crazy Eren was.

All those years of planning, putting pieces into place...only to nuke it with "you can't be racist if there are no more races." It was so awful. The only reason I wanted Eren to win was because I thought it would be hysterically stupid to kill off all his friends and stomp the world because he was too dumb to think up anything else. And then we got one better. He wasn't only an idiot, but he was a completely ineffectual idiot and accomplished absolutely nothing. It was a spectacular troll like I've never seen before and probably won't again. When people thought Eren accomplished something, he just goes, "No, wait, hold on a minute" and then releases pages showing that nope, he failed l up, Armin and Historia messed up the negotiations, and they were the last generation to die peacefully before the world took their revenge for murdering billions, AS THEY OBVIOUSLY WOULD.

They're absolutely deluded into thinking Isayama or the studio would ever give a crap about their pathetic fanfic. His ending was to show that Eren was a idiot that made all the problems in the story, and not only didn't fix them, but actively made them all worse until it resulted in the utter destruction of his homeland by his own actions. I mean, Isayama purposefully wrote a shaggy dog story, a long, meandering tale that is ultimately pointless. That's actually what he wanted. That these idiots are deluded enough to think they're going to change that is copium on the level of crack cocaine.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know all of you who have kept up with the series experience this a while ago, but I just finished reading Volume 22 and I'm all like, DAMN!!

Did not expet Armin to become the new Colossal Titan.
    The backstory with Eren's dad was intriguing and brought to light some of my theories while debunking others.
    It's utterly pointless to even get attached to the cast since they might end up dead two chapters later unless their names are Levi, Eren, Armin, or Mikasa.
    The fight between Levi and the Beast Titan was pretty cool even if the manga does sometimes make it hard to tell what is exactly happening during its action scenes.
    Holy crap, is the Beast Titan Eren's dad's first son? That's my guess.
    Shit, so the Titan that ate Eren's mom was his dad's first wife!!
    Oh look, a manga with a time jump, how original. :banghead: 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    It's all downhill from here.

14. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like the Libero Raid arc is now solidly #18-20 user rated of all time on IMDB TV Episode, Rating Count at least 1,000 (Sorted by IMDb Rating Descending) - IMDb
    Return to Shiganshina is still there as #2-3, where Dr Kain is in the manga is #25-26, and Reiner's betrayal moved up to #8
    Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Downhill from there? The series is just getting really really good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

It's just a bunch of weirdos on reddit, who cares? The last page on the AOT no Requiem thing you linked even says how they made it just for fun, not to spam or harass any staff, how it's not canon and will never suddenly be canon.

You're about to read what season 4 just adapted, which seemed to be critically and fan acclaimed last time I checked. I hope you enjoy it! I can't believe nobody spoiled anything for you yet, you're one of the lucky ones! lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, if Titans appear again, pretty sure modern weaponry will make quick work of them. It seems jet bombers and SAMs are a thing in that timeline going by the pic.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh, there was one thing that got spoiled for me in regards to
    Sasha
    thanks to someone just posting a meme without any care about a spoiler warning. Beyond that though, I've avoided everything I could on the series up to this point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    All right, so some more thoughts on Volumes 24-26:

I found it interesting to change the setting to the other side of the sea with Marley despite it being a tad jarring initially. I also enjoyed getting to see what happened at the start of the series from the perspective of Reiner and gang. On the other hand, I was confused as all hell, but it's finally starting to make sense.

The biggest issue is that I just don't care about the group of kids it's mostly centered on. They seem to be nothing more than discount versions of Eren, Mikasa, and Armin with a kid added into the mix. Of course, two of them did not matter as they just died in the last chapters I read.

Getting to learn more about the mythology around the Titans is still cool and that each one has a name, however, another gripe is apparently Ymir was eaten off screen so one dude could become the new Jaws Titan. That's kind of lame. While Ymir was not a central character, she was still vital to Historia's development and deserved to at least die on screen. The Cart Titan is an interesting concept.

All right so let's see, we've got the Attack Titan, Beast Titan, Colossus Titan, Armored Titan, Jaw Titan, Cart Titan, Female Titan (such an original name), and the Hammer Titan. Who is the ninth Titan? I'm a little confused since they said Ymir's powers were separated into 9 Titans, but I only count 8 since the Attack Titan is apparently the Founding Titan? Or are they two different Titans in Eren's body? Holy shit, I just realized something, that means Eren's dad is dead because he would have had to feed himself to Eren for Eren to have gotten his powers.

:jawdropper: 

Anyway, the big battle in the city was pretty damn awesome and I'm curious to see how they played out in animated form. I bet it looked fantastic. A shame Shasha had to die in such a lackluster manner. I already knew she was going to die thanks to some idiot's meme that had no spoiler warning whatsoever, but I thought she would have at least went out in battle, not got shot by some little brat who wants to play Mikasa.

Lastly, is the 13 year time limit real or just something they believe to be true?

Overall, I still think the series is improving as it goes along despite its flaws. It's certainly better than the early volumes and stuff that happened in the late teens.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

They are two different Titans. The ninth is the Founding Titan. When Eren's dad ate the girl from the royal family, he gained the Founding Titan's power. Then when Eren ate his dad, he acquired both the Attack Titan and Founding Titan power.