Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by FanimusMaximus, May 27, 2013.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    It's like what I read all those years ago. Welcome to the war.

2. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    Question, how are y’all feeling about the animation. I’m seeing a lot of people online voice their complaints at the animation from MAPPA, but besides a few scenes, I personally think it’s good, especially if what I heard about the studio being rushed is true.

3. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I think the animation is decent overall, I appreciate that most of the quieter scenes are properly animated as opposed to stills that were often used in previous seasons. My main concern is how much CG has been used thus far in action scenes. It's decent enough as far as the look compared to other anime but it's no substitute for handdrawn titans or characters using ODM gear which we've received plenty of in previous seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

The only thing I found disappointing was the Warhammer's muscle mass, as I thought she looked a bit odd and the muscles should have been more defined.
    War_Hammer_Titan_character_image_%28Younger_sister_of_Willy%29.png
    Other than that I thought it was pretty good and don't blame them for the CG considering the short animating time they had compared to WIT (who had 1-2 years for season 1 and 3 years for season 2-3) combined with what's to come.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While there have been a lot of complaints about MAPPA's animation this season, I don't think it's that bad, but it could be better. I've seen other MAPPA shows and I know they can do fluid 2D detailed animation well. I'm sad WIT did not continue to animate AOT and the decision to not give MAPPA more time to animate this last season really sucks. This latest episode I was mostly satisfied with what I saw this episode and was just happy to see the old cast back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi paintings in my mind

News Credits:
    AoT is the first time I actually have to wait for each episode to come out each week up until the very end. Most other very series I’ve binge watched I watched after they ended years ago (like the 8 Harry Potter films and most pre-Decade Kamen Rider shows) so I kinda missed the waiting and hype building and all.

Haven’t seen this in the last episode I watched but man does that Titan deadass look a bit like Frozone.

Only took me 5 episodes. I'm starting to realize
    though it doesn't justify any of his, Bertholdt, and Annie's crimes, the fact they were basically shaped into child soldiers and drilled into hating Paradis Island from such a young age and realizing, because of Eren, Armin, Connie, Christa/Historia etc., that they actually weren't and are actually great people and having split-personality mental breakdowns because of it actually made me feel really sorry for him.

8. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I am curious as to how much if any improvements in animation we will see on the blu ray version of this season. The previous seasons ranged from minor to major depending on the scene. Does MAPPA have a history of doing BD changes to their shows like WIT and others do?

9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Animation is the least of your worries. I can't wait until it gets to the batcrap insanity of the latter half.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    Totally didn't know there was a thread for this :lol 

I watched episode 65 last night. Gotta say this whole entire series is pretty good. The opening credits were different at first, but it's grown on me. Can't wait til episode 66 is released :D 

• Like Like x 1
  11. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

now the manga isn't done yet right? that is what my daughter told me. If not, when is it scheduled to end?

12. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Honestly don't know what Porco was thinking. He knew that they've been sending titans to attack Marley for 100 years and has to have read Reiner and Zeke's reports of the island devils, but he's so damn unprepared to fight an army of people armed with guns, missiles, and spider-man's web-shooters.
    I think everyone can attest to being weirded by the OP at first, and now suddenly everyone's playing it on repeat in the background.
    April this year. We're on chapter 136 and 139 will be the last one.

What a ride.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

yeah the first time i was like "not liking this at all!" the 2nd time i was like "not liking this as much as some the the others" the 3rd time i was like "i love it!"

Okay, and this final season is 16 eps?

14. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Yeah, after the 3rd episode...I saw it as very fitting considering what's going on. As far as Porco is concerned...his last dialogue in the episode makes me think he's completely ignorant to what's really going on as he's muttering stupidity at the sheer disbelief that people are trying to kill him because he thinks...people should "fear titans."

15. Nova Maximus

From what I gather it will be 16 eps, then either more episodes like in season 3 or a movie. Since at the pace they're going episode should be chapter 122 of the manga (honestly the best spot for a cliffhanger) with 17 chapters still to adapt.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    Why did they split Season 3 into two parts and release them half a year apart? That's like a fourth season but with more steps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

April. There's no way it makes sense at this point, either.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Instagram:
    Aight I kept finding really obvious spoilers from people online trying to be vague, so I just read up the current chapter to avoid being spoiled. All I can say is, holy shit. I can’t even put into words what I’m feeling, it’s just... wow.

I’m curious how on earth later scenes will be animated, and what all the season will cover in 16 episodes.

19. Nova Maximus

Thus the CG is explained.

Plus I'm pretty sure the 16th episode is suppose to be a split into something like Season 3 or a movie, but I might be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    If they did that, then good...more to watch.

• Like Like x 1