ATP Designs MP-24 Star Saber Replacement Ratchet Joints

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by autotronprime, Oct 29, 2016.

1. kek23k

kek23k Iaconhub Staff

Mine arrived today, gonna be doing the install and Victory Saber combination tomorrow. W00t!

2. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you all for your orders, as of now we are sold out and are still working on all new orders that have come in. If you have not received tracking yet, please hang tight and we will eventually get to you, the sad reality is we got way more orders then expected so its been taking much longer to get them packed and ship then I hoped.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

Def interested in another run of these!

4. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    finally got around to installing these today and boy do they make a huge difference. 1 critique though- the leg springs are a damn nightmare to get into place and I know why, they are just cut off to length but they are not cut so the bottom and top of the spring are flat against the figure so they tilt when trying to compress the thighs. That may be something to consider for future runs. The cut edge is also extremely pointy and sharp on the spring, which made me wonder if it might cut into the inside of the legs so i filed mine flat.

edit* also be very careful about thickening the friction joint in the elbow. it only takes a very small amount of whatever you are using (superglue, future) and if you make it too tight it will split his arm where the peg goes in. I noticed on mine it had a hairline crack across his bicep swivel, where i very very slightly thickened that peg.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Got mine in today, haven't had time to install them though.

6. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Just got mine and installed them. These are a must even if you don't plan to get Victory Leo - Star Saber is an unshakable fortress after installing them.

Thanks for making these, guys!

7. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Got mine and my friend's, installed both

we were both very impressed

8. linkuu128

linkuu128 Member

Ordered mine on the 3rd, so far nothing. What making things worse is the lack of comunication from the store. I emailed them, but so far no reply at all. And I really need these, my star saber is unable to hold anything.

9. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor - Beast Wars 4 life

I also ordered some a week ago and have gotten no updares on shipping.

10. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Folks I updated everyone literally just 5 posts above yours:

I understand everyone wants to get their items and I don't blame you, my Star Saber sucked just as bad before we made these, but many more orders then expected came in and ATP has had to restock 3 different times since we did not expect to make and sell so many. Also, if anyone who does not wish to wait anymore wants a refund, please do not hesitate to ask and we will return your money.

There will be about 20 more orders going out today, so please just continue to wait and be patient, we will get to everyone. Those that ordered with other items, your ratchets will ship when those items are also in stock.

11. Zethrofax

That update 5 posts previous was 7 days ago. I am in no rush to get these parts but I do appreciate more communication once I pay for something.

12. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still don't know what more I can say in regards to another update other then what I already said, if I don't have anything to ship.

I just checked, and I did reply to you in regard to your zip code, we have had other people with the problem being my replies going to the spam box, so please check to see if maybe that is the problem. I have adjusted the zip code in our system and will not be a problem when they ship.

13. Zethrofax

To be
    I dont feel like I should have to check this forum for updates when I place an order on your site. When I initially ordered I was led to believe that the parts were in stock. There was no indication you were out of stock. I should have gotten a courtesy email informing me of that fact when I placed the order. Obviously these items are not critical for me and I can wait indefinitely, but I would have appreciated the information at the time of the order.

14. linkuu128

linkuu128 Member

just received the shipping notification today...3 times!! Many thanks for it. (however, i never received the answer about the zip code issue, not even in the spam folder) but anyways, many thanks for ship these. but as a CCare agent , i do recomend to you to provide updates to your customers and such .

anyways , many thanks for the update and now the "waiting game"..

15. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you guys are being a bit hard on him. He did say he would "eventually get to you" in a post a week ago. Did you expect daily updates saying they aren't ready yet?

And I can't resist so here goes - damn it Jim, he's a doctor not a PR guy. ;) 

16. linkuu128

linkuu128 Member

yeah, thinking about it, maybe he's a one-man store and such. so he do everything by himself, such at social media, the store, shipping and such.. (if that the case then, he could get some help from a friend or something. is a lot of work for only one person!!) but anyway, thanks for everything !

17. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not known for PR or communications and probably never will be, simple truth is, if you order from us, you get your product or refund.

18. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks to Bobby Skullface for the review:

All current outstanding orders should be shipped out by Wednesday. All new orders after the 9th should ship within the next two weeks when new stock arrives.

19. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    got mine in today. these were my last TF purchase before I lost my job earlier this month, so I was hoping they were worth it :lol 

have to say I'm very impressed, the upgrade went quickly and works very well. watched skullface's vid too and like much of his newer reviews, I'm not sure what he was complaining about. the thighs DO take quite a bit of pressure, but if you grab the thigh from underneath and press upward while putting the assembly back together, it is pretty ez pz.

my star saber actually wasn't one of the shittier ones I've seen, all my ratchets from the factory were pretty solid, better than the majority of reviews I've seen, and I probably could have done the simba upgrade with no worries. but this little kit really makes a huge difference even if you got a good SS. it just makes him perfect. recommended really for anyone that owns or wants to own SS.

just on a personal note too, killinger was very upfront with me and easy to deal with via pm communication. highly suggest if anyone is having any issues just reach out to the dude and he'll likely give you a heads up on whats going on.

again, couldn't be happier, great product guys.

20. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Just installed my set today. He is rock solid now with Simba attached!