ATeam June of 2009!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kronos, Mar 24, 2008.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    The A-Team Countdown Begins

By Joal Ryan Mon Mar 24, 5:14 AM PDT
    If you've been holding your breath for The A-Team movie, well, we feel sorry for you.
    But help is on the way for you and your oxygen-deprived brain. So just hold on. Until June 12. Of next year. Feel better? You should, actually.
    The release date, as reported by Variety, is the first for the long-discussed, long-suffering project.
    John Singleton, who last yelled cut on Four Brothers, will direct; Michael Bandt and Derek Haas, who helped shoot the lights out with 3:10 to Yuma, are writing the screenplay.
    As reported, the movie will follow the basic recipe of the 1983-87 TV series: Take four ex-military men; add one war crime they didn't commit; mix in chases, pursuits and more chases.
    Given the source material, Singleton has promised an action movie, a serious action movie—"wall to wall kicking ass and talking s--t," as he put it to Collider.com. The film presently is sans actors, A-list, B-team or otherwise, as Singleton himself has made very clear.
    "I don't know who is in the cast yet, so all this bulls--t of who is saying who is this person and who is [this person]," Singleton told Collider.com.
    Singleton did allow that he "really, really want" Woody Harrelson to play "Howling Mad" Murdoch, the sanity challenged pilot given life on the TV series by Dwight Schultz.
    In the interview, conducted in January, Singleton sounded a lot like a man who's been a little bit hounded by fans demanding to know who's going to play Mr. T.
    "Nobody is playing Mr. T—the character's name is B.A. Baracus," the filmmaker reminded.
    And, no, before you bother Mr. Singleton again, B.A. Baracus hasn't been cast yet, either. Ice Cube, however, has thrown his Mohawk into the ring.
    "Hell yeah," the Barbershop multitasker recently told blackfilm.com when asked if he'd consider copping a "Bad Attitude," as it were, "especially with John Singleton directing!"
    And, yes, we know Ice Cube doesn't really have a Mohawk to throw into a ring. But that could change.
    "I wouldn't try to duplicate what Mr. T did," he told the Website. "I'm going to bring my own flavor to it, and I am going to do the Mohawk."
    The race seems wide open for the roles of Col. "Hannibal" Smith, the disguise-handy ringleader, and the smooth-talking "Face" Peck, played on the TV series by the late George Peppard and the still-plugging-away Dirk Benedict, respectively.
    Even with the cast undetermined, an announced director and a release date marks the furthest along the movie has gotten since the project started raising hopes nearly 10 years ago amid a spate of TV-to-film conversions, à la Charlie's Angels, The Mod Squad and Wild Wild West. Per the calendar keepers at the Internet Movie Database, on June 12, 2009, the big-screen A-Team will go head-to-head with an Eddie Murphy comedy called NowhereLand. Which is about where The A-Team movie used to live.

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    any news is good news IMO.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, I'm excited. I don't care in what form they come back, any cheesy-dialogue-pumping, build-a-tank-from-a-Ford-Pinto A-team action is good news in my book.

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool!

5. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I love me some A-Team, but a large part of what made it fun were the actors in their roles. Let's face it the premise was never super deep. I hope it turns out fun and cool, but I really don't know how hyped I can get with other people (maybe Woody? or Ice-Cube?) acting as the Team.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I would love an A-Team movie, but no thanks on Woody and Ice Cube for said roles. That would be terrible casting IMO.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'm scared. I just don't want my childhood raped. :confused2 

8. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I love it when a plan comes together.

9. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

and I'm always on the Jazz.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shut up foo'! Hannibal this turkey be talkin' crazy again. I hate when he talk crazy....

11. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    I was waiting for that one.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like cube, but i wanna see ving rhames play BA.

13. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It would be great to see this done on the big screen, so long as it doesn't end up like Miami Vice.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    miami vice wasn't totally bad actually. the problem was that it was neither here nor there. ok for a michael Mann flick but missed the point of remake movies.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I liked Miami Vice a lot, I have to say. Plus, it should be borne in mind that Michael Mann did the original series too; so if anything the movie was probably closer to his actual vision of it (See him remaking LA Takedown as Heat. And oh GOD what an amazing movie Heat is).
    Anyway.
    Ice Cube as BA could work well IMO. I like him as an actor.

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

My only real gripe with the Miami Vice remake was that it was about 20 or 30 minuites too long for no good reason, but thats hardley any different to most episodes of the TV series.

I could complain about Castillo, but I don't think its fair considering that pretty much anyone would have been a poor substitute for the steely unimpressed glare of Edward James Olmos.

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Castillo was B.A.; Baracas wasn't even close to being the Bad-Ass that Castillo was.
    the man spooked everybody in Dade County- Crockett and Tubbs saw just enough of that cop's past/his mojo to know that fucking with him wasn't just risking a job or badge.
    the man was into everything- bushido, spy rings, didn't break a sweat taking crooks down...
    i wish that the show and remake movie had done more with that.

anyone want Oliver North to play Hannibal?
    just seeing if you were awake.

18. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've been waiting for this movie since I was six. I'm glad it's finally off the ground. Here's who I'm hoping they pick for the cast:

Col. John "Hannibal" Smith - Bruce Willis (He's been tied to the role before, and I know he could pull off Hannibal's witty banter)
    Sgt. Bosco "B.A." Baracus - Ving Rhames (like others have said)
    Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock - Sam Rockwell
    Lt. Templeton 'Faceman' Peck - Timothy Olyphant

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think i was meh'd by the fact i couldnt care for either jamie foxx nor colin farrell.

20. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn, I just realized the perfect person to play B.A. Baracas. Kimbo Slice. If you don't know who that is, then google it. He may be a better casting then even Mr. T. was.