Assuming megatron is galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wolf, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

IMG_4694.PNG how do you think the previous movies may factor into his appearance?? For instance will Joshua Joyce still somehow exhibit some kind of programming power over galvatron/megatron?

2. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    You seem to be under the impression that Joshua had power over him in the first place...

• Like Like x 2
  3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    They never had control of Galvatron, Galvatron was only pretending they were in control, when in fact they were not

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

But information did get transferred both ways, megatron did manipulate them but he did give them at least some power to control transformium and in some way himself. Even if he was many steps ahead of them each time.

5. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek is hate, Shrek is Hell. Veteran

I'm with eagc7 and CKPRIME here. Galvatron played everyone associated with KSI. I would even argue he played Lockdown, as there was no indication the bounty hunter had any awareness of Megatron's survival or was aware that he was giving Galvatron what he wanted by capturing Prime and giving the humans the Seed. Remember, it was Megatron who manipulated the humans into going after the Seed.

6. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm sticking to my assumption that Megs is still Galvy remodelled. The "tusks" on Megatron are similar to Galvatron's horns. And going with the no spark concept seems cool. Would love to see how OP will deal with him.

"YOU HAVE NO SOUL."

7. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I would agree about lockdown, the last thing he needed was to be hunted after coming back from the dead. I would go so far as to say he deliberately avoided lockdown through fear of destruction. Also worth a mention is the value of human control and just the general control of how transformium behaves in the first place....Joyce shown it to be controllable, how far have its uses been spread over the galaxy....the bad guys this time may not be cybertronian!

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Thing is, they didn't just magically control transformium. It was programmable matter, and Galvatron was programming it, making the humans think they were. But he always had control. Even on his first outing, where he was supposed to be playing the part of automaton, he couldn't help but taunt Optimus despite possibly breaking cover.

I mean, that's the entire reason he looks like he does, because Megatron would not accept a body designed by humans, and wanted to at least resemble himself. Megatron hadn't even taken over the body yet and he was still denying KSI any sense of control.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Although, with Megatron being a knight it would have been more about avoiding being CAPTURED by Lockdown rather than being destroyed by him.

But I don't really think Galvatron ever truly allowed KSI any real control over him...it seems like he only gave them the illusion of control to maintain his subterfuge and could have denied any command they gave him at any time. They couldn't even keep him under control while he was "deactivated" or rein him in once he reawakened in China, so I think it's safe to say they never had any control over him to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek is hate, Shrek is Hell. Veteran

Agreed fully. Megatron didn't just keep his survival a secret from the humans he was controlling to give them the illusion of control. Lockdown was specifically capturing the Knights alive. Galvatron wanted Lockdown to think he was a lifeless drone controlled by the humans while also manipulating events towards his own benefit. Lockdown almost certainly thought he had captured the last living Knight when he captured Prime. He probably had no idea another Knight was right under his nose and was manipulating his human allies.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While people have already answered the main query here... I'd like to raise a point.

Does this mean the KSI form of Transformation will be how Megatron transforms in The Last Knight? it could be a way of explaining why he doesn't appear to have any vehicle details on his robot mode and could be used for a surprise attack in the movie where we see his vehicle form but don't know its him (Unless the toys or trailers have spoilt it by the movie's release)

In addition, can KSI still track him? As it appeared that they were able to during Age of Extinction?

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I fully expect Transformium to never be mentioned or seen again.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Droop Snoot

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair the original movie Megatron didn't have any visible bits of vehicle on him (other than tiny wing bits you could only see from behind), So if his alt mode is cybertronian, that would explain it.

Also, one of the biggest complaints of AOE was that people hated the look of the vehicon transformation, so I doubt they'd bring that back.

14. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    We don't really know enough yet to do anything more than speculate.

Megatron might well be an upgraded form of Galvatron or a time-displaced earlier version of Megatron or just a flashback or who knows, ultimately.

But if they decide to respond to fan criticism about the KSI-style transformations (they generally do), it could easily be explained by Galvatron's upgrade to Megatron overriding the KSI-programming or the two being separate characters entirely, etc. Personally, I'd like to see that version of transforming continue. It helps distinguish Megatron and his minions from everyone else, ties in well with the Kre-O merchandise, and still has a lot of untapped potential.

Oh, and Galvatron was also likely deliberately letting KSI track him so he would be wherever the Seed was delivered.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Do they, though?

16. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Yup.

Change Megatron's face! CHECK.
    We want Peter Cullen! CHECK.
    Give us Prime's trailer! CHECK.
    Make Prime a cab-over! CHECK.
    Clearer fight scenes! CHECK.
    More 'bot time! CHECK.
    More 'bot character development! CHECK.
    Get rid of The Twins! CHECK.
    Less goofy humor! CHECK.
    Give us the Dinobots! CHECK.
    Give us better writers! CHECK.
    Give us preplanned sequels! CHECK.
    Bring back Lennox & Epps! CHECK.
    WTF! We want a real trailer! CHECK.

The list goes on and on.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Ok so I don't think you guys got what I meant or I didn't explain properly what I meant about the transformium megatron/galvatron was made of....yes galvatron had the overide switch to the KSI system of control, but as with all coding and programming that is just a matter of planting or leaving a back door entrance into a system.

However I highly doubt that it was megatron making the programming calls to make the beats pill, gun and stuff during the Joyce demonstration of transformium in the picture.

So my wondering was this, megatron is still made from transformium is he not, and the same transformium that KSI made him from and KSI did get him to obey commands at first (even if he was letting them until he saw fit) .... so surely this backdoor that megatron left in the system could also be exploited by Joyce to use his own body against him. Just also was wondering is this one of the weapons used against megatron in the film and also why certain actors haven't really filmed outdoors, because they're inside trying to fight a cyber war against megatron by hacking into him.

As much as some of you think transformium is going away, it can't. It's a massive part of the creators story moving forward plus it was the very core concept of the so called 'soft reboot ' of AOE....make no mistake it will be sticking around as a concept....and in all probability even get fleshed out much more.

What will go way however is the cubic, wire mesh type transformation process, that probably died with the drones and galvatron if he becomes megatron will surely replace that programming with his own original method of transforming.

18. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I don't see Joshua exploiting Galvatron ever. Joshua only know about transformium what Galvatron told him.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Not exploiting....defending against....maybe he's massively upgraded in TLK as megs does look a total beast....and they can't beat him straight up fight wise

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Galvatron's not a system, though. He's sapient.

No, because he didn't physically access them with his "chromosomes."

All Transformers are made of Transformium. KSI just named it, they didn't invent it.

Except this back door doesn't exist. You just made it up now. Again, the "system" is Megatron's own mind. There's no indication in the movie that any of this is possible.

That is a massive assumption.

Could be the actors don't show up because they're only on closed sets/not on location.

It absolutely can. You seem to expect some standard of quality that doesn't exist. Has the Fallen even been mentioned since ROTF?

Like so many other concepts in these movies? Transformimum didn't even play by it's own rules. It was "highly unstable" but never acted highly unstable.

Proof of this theory, please and thank you? Like you've really made a huge assumption with no actual evidence or basis for it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016