2D Artwork: Assorted Beast Hunters Related Fanart *PIC HEAVY!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Kujo1597, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Kujo1597

Kujo1597 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, I'm damned creative when it comes to thread titles. Instead of cluttering up this section with threads I'll confine all my random Beast Hunters pictures to here since I've been having a lot of fun with it both in drawing it and poking fun at it. Let's get started!
    Beast Hunters Bumblebee:
    A couple sketches
    Who ya Callin' Atlow?! *updated; I touched up his left eye Original is here.
    [​IMG]

This was the first thing Beast Hunters related I drew. I got bored and had my BH Bee sitting on the desk so I drew him. I should go back and touch it up tomorrow. His left eye is bugging me...

Beast Hunters Ratchet!
    [​IMG]
    It says: You don't honestly expect me to run around covered in spikes, do you?
    ^ Just putting that there since my printing is crap-tacular.
    I had a lot of fun doodling Ratchet looking all grumpy. His face is pretty off and when I make a colour version I'll fix that by using a ton of references. I was just bored and did this in like, ten minutes. I'm posting it since it's kinda funny.
    Puri Puri Knockout!
    [​IMG]
    Startscream's face is derpy and I can't figure out how to fix it! D: But it does have the tendancy to be all derpy in the show, doesn't it? It's looking a little B^U too...

I think Knockout is voicing how a lot of people are feeling about the Beast Hunters line. :lol  I know he's not really that prissy but sometimes a little exaggeration can be fun. I had trouble figuring out how to make it look like he's checking his "nails" in the first draft it looked like he wanted to punch Starscream.

This was over the course of almost a week now. I just waited to make the thread until I had something to use as a thumbnail. I hope this wasn't too many pictures in the first post. I gave a warning just incase.

EDIT: Hey, here's an idea! Let's link to the other pictures I did in the first post!
    Beast Hunters Ratchet and Predaking Getting a Belly Rub

Robots Playing Poker Featuring BH Ratchet, Knockout, Ripclaw, and Starscream.

Attached Files:

2. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Cool!

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's pretty neat so far. :)  Bee looks pretty ticked off and I expected Knockout to say that. :lol 

Are you going to do more like a BH version of Arcee soon?

4. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Thanks you two. :) 

I haven't really thought about doing Beast Hunters Arcee before. But coming up with something could be pretty fun. I'll have to give it a shot in the near future. I'm honestly a little bit too spacy today. :lol 

5. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Someone needs to find you that one guy's sig of a beast hunter's arcee where she has spikes on her "roboobs" with her saying "I'm not sure about THIS..." :lol 

6. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    :lol  I actually have that one saved to my computer.

Maybe it's my being spacy in general today but I think a design influenced by assassins would be kinda neat. With spikes of course. Arcee in Prime is all about being nimble and it sounds like she did a lot of stealth missions before ending up on Earth.

BH Bulkhead as Peaugh and a few other pointed out has kind of a knight vibe going on. BH Starscream has pauldrons and hip guards kind of like a samurai's so the ones that aren't retools do have some "real world fighters" influence. Because samurai totally had lilac arm guards and beetle pincers on their torsos.

7. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    Rise from your grave.

With the toy for Beast Hunters Ratchet being shown I've decided to draw him. I'm not entirely sure why, but he reminds me of a bitter old mercenary so I drew him as one. I think the eyepatch and rust may be why that is...
    Concept here.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and you see it in terrible 3D by going to this page with your 3DS.
    Bleh, his Autobot symbol looks chubby... But to be honest, I have a really hard time drawing a big picture of it let alone a tiny one of the regular old 3DS. I'm not trying to make excuses, it's something I should really practice.

Oh, and I also threw together a concept sketch for a Beast Hunters Arcee. The proportions are quite off but it's mainly to get an idea on paper before I forgot it. I'll have it as an attachment.

EDIT: I drew something new and gave it its own thread but I still want everything in one place.
    Predaking is an awful lot like a puppy in Shockwave's eye. You see him petting Predaking as Starscream yells at him. I took that and ran with it.
    [​IMG]

Click here if you want to see the whole process. From a sketch that looks like a small child drew it to the final product. I find this sorta thing interesting.

I wish I could've found more Predaking references. :/ The wallpaper on the official site is a great reference for his face but that's about it. I tried to recreate the pose Bella gets into the odd time she wants a belly rub.

I'm not happy with the background so I'll probably go back and redo it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  8. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

DO MORE!!!!..................pwease? :)  :lol 

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These make me smile. :D 

10. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Now that we've seen BH Knockout, you sohuld draw him in his alligator coat!

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hah! this stuff is great. Keep 'em comming.

12. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this thread get ressurected. :D  Thanks you all for the nice comments. I have a couple pictures in mind actually. Of course Knockout's in at least one of them. I'm loving his crocodile skin collar by the way.

I plan on starting sketching the one tonight after the super loud dishwasher is done; I needs mah music! I've had a scene of some of the characters playing poker together in mind for a little while now. I just figured out who I'm putting in it today. My dad used to watch a lot of Texas Hold 'Em tournaments so I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of how that game works.

EDIT: I put together a rough sketch. I'm not sure if I'll clean it up tonight or not. I'm debating making it a lineless picture. But I think all the tiny details would work better in my go-to style.

I made a Vehicon the dealer because I think that one of them would know better than anyone not to cheat anyone. If he did he'd either be killed or disfigured.

Ah! I completely forgot to add the poker chips! Those are kinda important! Imma scribble those in now...

EDIT2: Done! But I'm keeping the first sketch uploaded because you can see Starscream better in that picture. I tend to smudge my drawings...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  13. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    I'm done my "Robots Playing Poker" picture!
    [​IMG]

I hope I got the poker chips right. I did some research and apparently there aren't any set colours or values. So I copied the format created by some guy on Yahoo Answers.

I like to imagine that the characters all got their Beast Hunters upgrades in an alternate timeline where they said, "fuck it" and stopped being undercover. I'm not sure who, but somebody in this timeline built a bar on Earth for Cybertronians. :lol 

14. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Am I the only one who thinks that ratchet looks like he's wearing cliffjumper's head as a hat?

15. Kujo1597

News Credits:
    :lol  I do see it, especially with the way I draw him with the broken horn I added that to make Ratchet look like he's been to hell and back completely forgetting that Cliffjumper's missing the same horn.

"Cliffjumper, you shall live on with me" and then he puts on his helmet.

EDIT: I did a quick sketch of Knockout's Beast Hunters toy. I had a hard time doing his face at first. I know the toy doesn't have the goatee but it just doesn't feel right to have him without one. :lol  Besides, I completely exaggerate it anyway.

Attached Files:

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Kujo...:lol  Love this one too. :thumb 

That's a motley crew playing poker.

17. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw some of your fanwork for the first time today. Better than what I could probablly do.