Assassin's Creed 2 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by knook, Dec 2, 2008.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I agree on the Assassin Tombs. Pretty fucking hard but there damn satisfying when you beat one. :D 

Now I want to play this again. >.<

2. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the same problem. You need to be fairly close to the ledge you want to grab onto when running up the wall. If you're too far away from the ledge, Ezio will jump backwards rather than to the side.

3. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    finally got all 100% trophies...yay :D 

4. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Battle of Forli DLC is out today. By the reviews, it's only an hour long but does explain a part of what happens between Venice and Rome. Sadly, 320 MS points are not worth it when it gets included into the PC version of the game.

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that's too little for too much, but in addition, it just happened to come out the week of Mass Effect 2. If it came out a week earlier I would have been much more tempted.

6. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Just played through the Battle of the Forli. Took about an hour. It ends rather abruptly and leads into the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC which will be released next month.

Overall, it's decent, but not sure if it's worth the price of admission for some. But since I love this game so much, it was a no-brainer.

7. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Finally finished up AC2 last night. Platinum trophy (probably the easiest out of the four that I have). Just waiting for The Bonfire of the Vanities DLC to finish up the memory sequence.

I wasn't too happy with the Flying Machine being added to the new DLC, removing the challenge of getting the only missable trophy in the game. It's like, hey, you missed the Fly Swatter trophy during the first run, well here ya go, fly around Forli until ya get it!

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's wrong with that? Sounds like they wanted to add some more flying mission since they went through all the trouble of developing a flying system into the game.

9. adamthered

News Credits:
    There aren't any flying missions though. It's a "special memory." You climb up to the top of the lighthouse and there's the flying machine. You strap in and just glide around, avoiding arrows, kicking guards to your heart's content, and checking out the scenary. That's it. It has nothing to do with the story whatsoever, it's just there. So, that's my beef with it.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, well I didn't purchase the DLC so I didn't know. I still don't see what the problem is though. Actually I am surprised it wasn't a reward at the end of the game for beating the game. Either it was not ready for the full game or they just decided to add it to the DLC. Most games give you this kind of stuff at the end of the game whether it be weapons, vehicles or costumes.

So just because there is a trophy associated with it that can be missed in the game the developers shouldn't be allowed to add it?

11. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    It's there because a lot of people had fun with it and requested to do it again. I'm pretty excited to fly around and do nothing!

12. adamthered

News Credits:
    I can see why they did it, that's the funny thing. This kind of stuff usually doesn't bother me but for some reason this is sticking in my craw. I think it's because of how easy all the other trophies were to obtain, it felt kind of cool to grab the one trophy that could be missed, during the only portion of the game it was available. I mean, I know we're only talking about video game trophies here so the whole thing really is moot, lol :D 

13. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

zombies thread yo, late to the party but i finished this game last night. GODDAMN! i got all the glyphs and my mind is blown. what an epic story. i wonder what 'brotherhood' has in store.

i really enjoyed the game, but it seemed a little unpolished, especially around the cutscenes. peoples voices sounded like they were in the bathroom when they were outside in an open area, and music would start/stop at weird times. the music was pretty awesome though. STABS!