Ask Matt Tieger questions at this link

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm tellin' ya. It's been the same on both, but in different areas of the game. Haven't been disconnected on a single Coop game in PS3, but I get booted from TDM. On 360, I have had 2 lockups during coop, and a few on Escalation, but little to none on TDM. I'm runing a new Slim 360 that plays every other game I play smoothly and have had no other connection issues on it. I played Escalation with Pscoop last week and the entire time we played I had no drops or issues on PS3. It's a dice roll for me on which system gives me issues... Well not, which system, but which WFC game.

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why is that whenever someone says a problem is happening to them more than once there's always someone(s) to counter with it doesn't happen to me? It's almost as if they're calling the OP a liar. Just becasue something doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I still have several incomplete games a day due to the host chickening out before the battle has ended or because my connection to the host has timed out--this sucks just as much--as well as the occasional game freeze.

Any fix would be nice. Heck, I'd be happy with the names of quitters (host) marked red--at least let me decided if I should join a person's game or not.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, it's not that. I believe that what's happening to people is really happening. I just don't buy that it's only happening on PS3, or 360, because there have been equal issues for both, in my experience. But everything here is based on our individual experiences. I tend to lean towards 360 for TDM, because I have had very very few issues on it, but Escalation and Coop (especially coop) has been problematic on 360. So I'm starting to plan my gaming on WFC based on that. Both games on both systems have online flaws.

4. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How can you tell if you're the host? (haven't played much MP to notice)

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess the host is the person who starts the game up, Escalation, Team Death Match, etc etc. So you know who you are :) 

6. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok. Is there an option to start a public match? (again, probably a dumb question but usually I just hop on and find a game in the mode I want)

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually join games. I only start or host a game when I'm playing with people I know. As a Host, you can start a match that anyone can join (public match) or you can start one where only invited folks can join (or friends, etc etc). This is what most online games allow. Haven't done anything but join games in WFC, so I dunno how those elements apply to it.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I plan on playing this weekend to finish up my character levels and if I am still having the online issues I had the first double XP weekend. I am not going to be getting the DLC and will trade in the game toward the GT5 collectors edition. This game is not getting anywhere near the numbers of online players that Uncharted 2 was getting online and I never encountered any of the issues I am getting with this game.

9. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks Prowl. I had to leave a game unexpectedly the other day and I wanted to be sure that I wasn't the host. I would have felt bad. I don't care if we're getting stomped, I like to finish the match (unless something comes up like in that situation)

10. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    The fact that there will be no update to the color pallet is sad.

11. Orion Paximus Prime

Orion Paximus Prime Banned

FTR i'm not necessarily trying to call anyone a liar or call them out, i'm just saying that from both my experience in the fandom and my experience with the game, that a lot of times people make mountains out of mole hills or in this case a game breaking issue out of a slight inconvenience.

12. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Wow, oddly enough the first question he asked about the colors was mine... I'm Bryan. D:
    It was a two part, first about colors and the second was about Constructicons.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    My god. I honestly cannot believe how clueless he is about the PC. He mentions there not being anything like XBL and PSN on the PC. YES THERE IS. There is Games for Windows Live, and Steam, which the game is already on. Both of which have the exact features they're wanting.

His excuse about being new to PC gaming is just plain pathetic. I don't know much about game development, but I do know that I would have brought in someone who actually knows about PC game development, before jumping head first into it. Why in the world would you NOT do that?

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This IS why the PC side of things is getting shafted. The same is true for the PS3.

High Moon Studios is a small studio and can only do what is within their means.

They thought they could do the challenge presented them, and for the most part they did. It's not perfect (as we are here talking about it), but the did get it done.

Having hired a PS3/PC programming expert would have resolved problems both of these systems face, but alas, they could not, and now they're handling the issues as best they can. Not an ideal way to do things, but I am glad they are trying.

Others may still disagree with me, but I still feel they should build War For Cybertron's sequel (should it see one) for the PS3 first, the more difficult machine, and do what needs to be done to translate their vision to the easier systems when they are done.

The one thing that is an absolute must is higher a person or a team of folks that know about online gaming. The multiplayer side of things just got a whole lot worse:( 

Those who don’t have the new map packs (like myself due to PSN’s credit card lock out) not only have to deal with the usual game freezes, incomplete matches, insufficient gamers to have an actual match, we also cannot join matches we do not have maps to, which means we now get kicked from matches for lack of gaming content. I spent 15 minutes looking for a match to join only to be greeted by a message telling me I could not join the game in progress, as I do not have the current DLC.

Double XP weekend is going to be soooooooooooooooooo much fun:rolleyes: 

15. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About the PS3 point, I guess that if Assassin's Creed Brotherhood demonstrates this, most of the devs will do first a PS3 version.

16. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    When you get the window that says joining game, it'll switch to say "Hosting Game" and the second clue will be that you're in the room by yourself. If you're with friends, then they'll join you as well, but look for that "Hosting Game" message that appears briefly.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish hosting a public game were an option :( 

18. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Ditto

19. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I'm pretty sure now that I've never been the host.

20. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

He's just trying to get more people to buy the game. WFC and the cartoon are utterly incompatible with each other.

*coughAerialbotsandStunticonsandTrypticonexistfourmillionyearsbeforetheircreationonEarth*

*coughJetfireisonCybertronwhenheshouldbeonEarthfrozeninablockofice*