Aside from Optimus Prime, why is there noone customizing cars to resemble the movie counterparts?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by uruseiranma, Oct 10, 2018.

1. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This came to mind the other day, when I saw another Chevy Camaro with the "Bumblebee" detailing.

Over the years, I've seen plenty of modified/customized vehicles from die-hard film fans. Guys turning their DMC-12's into Time Machines, guys going all-out to make their Trans-Ams look like KITT...but it seems there aren't any die-hard mechanical guys willing to get their hands dirty on "Transformers."

I have been surprised there hasn't been some guy who wanted to try and make a Camaro resemble the Concept one used in the 07' film, or some people customizing them to look like the more recent iterations of Bee.

Am I just not looking in the right place, or is screen-accurate customizing only cool enough to happen with Optimus?

2. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

I think very few die hard fans can afford a stingray, Bugatti veyron, db11, lambo, amg gtr etc etc
    Maybe a Chevrolet volt

I have seen a Skoda octavia painted as barricade on the net :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Veyron is about 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS. The Centenario isn't much different from that. An Aventadoe now will still set you back half a mil. Aside from the Stingray and Camaro the majority of the cars n the movies are way beyond the range of affordability for 99% o the population. Plus supercars will us usually always be customized for the customer to begin with. I highly doubt anyone would want to have their supercar associated with the Bay Transformers movies.

4. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's mostly a pop-culture thing (that and the other cars are freakin' expensive). Bumblebee, and subsequently the Camaro, are one of the most memorable elements of the movies, as well as the most easy to replicate. If you're in a parking lot and see a yellow and black Camaro, it's instantly recognizable as Bumblebee, even if you may have very little knowledge of Transformers. You're not gonna get that same reaction with, say, a silver Pontiac Solstice customized to look like Jazz.

5. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    See Michael bay missed the whole "Robots in disguise" lyric to the song he shouldn't have gotten justs sports cars for the Autobots.

I know if I saw a line of flashy sports car my attention would be directed at them

• Like Like x 1
  6. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    I guess literally every incarnation of Transformers ever also missed that bit of the song. Lest we forget the 84 Autobots consisted of two Lamborghinis, a Porsche, a Porsche race car, a Lancia race car, and a Japanese police car.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People are afraid of Hasbro--
    Exec 1: Look, that fan tricked out that vehicle to resemble a TF.
    Exec 2: Lawsuit! Lawsuit!

Chevy released BB Camaros, they weren't received very well received, I see one DOTM version occasionally around town. Overpriced like any other new vehicle.

Best fan built vehicle
    17192574_435432293474661_7598428630116790449_o.jpg

8. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not really. The "animated", RID "2001" and "beast wars" shows felt on point with that part of the song.
    That's one thing i hated about the AOE bots. They literally just come up out of nowhere with polished sports car models, unexplained new robot designs and all of a sudden; I'm supposed to like them.

At least with 07 crew, you got an understanding on where they came from, how they got their alt-modes and how afterwards; they were able to give people the slip when they investigated their crashed sites and it wasn't done in a cheesy manner.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I don’t know, I see Lamborghinis, Ferrari’s and a lot of Porches driving around Kyoto. I ain’t never seen a 1.5Million dollar Bugatti or a one-off prototype stingray though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    Animated completely throws it out the window because pretty much everyone knows Transformers exist. Beast Wars they weren't really hiding from anyone, and it pretty much gets dropped in season 2 with chrome blue gorilla.

RID01 probably tried the hardest, but you still had blatant scenes of characters blowing their cover. Not to mention two of the main characters are a Lamborghini police car and a modified Dodge Viper, then you have the likes of the Spychangers (who are incorrectly-sized cars and trucks), Skid-z (a F-1 race car just going about his merry way) and that's not even mentioning the Predacons.

"Robots in Disguise" is not as big a part of this franchise as people make it out. The Transformers usually end up blowing their cover about a third of the way through.

Transformers turning into flashy cars is nothing new. It's been a thing since the beginning of the franchise. A kid would be a lot more inclined to buy a toy of a Corvette or a Viper than they would be a Chevy Impala.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    But thats the thing no one has really played with that.....

Except transformers prime the rest of the world still doesn't know about them.

12. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Firstly money. And secondly they probably didn't think people would care or notice.

13. Angry Camaro

Angry Camaro Human Alliance

News Credits:
    Dig around the internet and do some research. There was a person who did take his production Camaro and make it resemble the "concept" or Bee from 2007. As best as they could. Also, do more research and you will find a delightful woman from Japan (not 100% sure if it is Japan), who has modified her Camaro to resemble TLK Bee, as best as possible. Lastly, do research again before posting and you will find a gentlemen in California, who has taken his Camaro and did his best to resemble DOTM Bee. All of them have plenty of photos available.

I guess what I'm trying to say is do some research before posting with incorrect information :popcorn 

Are you an idiot?? Those "Transformers" editions (2010 & 2012) sold a lot!! They are all over the place! The vehicles weren't overpriced at all. It was $1k for the 2010 package and $3k for the 2012 package. Do you understand vehicle pricing?