Asian Exclusive MP-08 Grimlock is real!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by evilcat005, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's some kind of bulk order that a couple of sellers got ahold of. The second seller I talked to said these aren't the Asia Limited ones..they're 2010 editions. He's only going to sell them to people who have shopped his store before.

2. evilcat005

evilcat005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So they are trying to pass on the older version as the new AE Grimy?

3. FoC Grimlock

News Credits:
    One of them is. And of course he used your picture. haha! They don't really know what they're getting. I'm going to follow up with it for a while. I sent it to the person I'm buying from and she hasn't received any solicitation for anything like that so she's going to check.

4. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

With the KO's flying around... buying a loose anything is just asking for trouble.
    Why would you even want one of these if you Don't get the packaging? That's the whole point Imo.
    Why not buy a loose tru one in the states?

And yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up for any crazy color schemes. It's been discussed that it's pretty much the last time you can get the Takara mold. (Sharper teeth and feet- different gray), though that hasn't been confirmed.

5. FoC Grimlock

News Credits:
    Well that was my thought too. We've seen KO Sideswipe, KO Tigertrack, there's a KO MP10 coming down the pipe. I'm reasonably sure that poorly painted Red Alert was KO and not a factory defect. Since Grimlock went into production again it makes sense that whoever is grabbing mold copies got one and suddenly there's loose Grimlocks. Grimlock would be an easy KO since there's next to no paint on him.

Yeah, all the physical evidence says there's nothing special about Asia Exclusive. I figure the worst case scenario is that inside the box is a Chinese style gift box and Grimlock is packed in a fancy clamshell box lined with yellow satin like pretty much any Chinese gift set will do. Best case "packaging only" improvement would be a display stand of some sort.

the only person who I think has actually seen them and has them in hand said:

"This version is a very unique release. Information are being guarded very closely.

They produce and packed the product different from other MPs (I don't mean the box look different). This information still need confirmation, but from all the evidence I have seen seems to point in that assumption.

People will be pleased with Grimy's mold"

People glazed over this for whatever reason but that's pretty compelling.

6. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

There isn't such a thing as a "quick mold copy" or an entire toy. From what we've seen with "KO sideswipe" and "KO tigertack", these **seem** (i could be wrong) to be assembled from factory reject part mostly with only small portions of the toy being actually KO'd (seems the sideswipe's gun for one), as well as the packaging, instructions etc. The fact that there are loose Grimlocks showing up at around the same time this grimlock is about to release point to more of the same...factory backdoor specials. They just haven't knocked off the packaging yet (which will be done soon enough imagine). the KO MP-10 however seems to be an all out top to bottom KO effort.

7. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Does anyone know if it will be easy to identify if this "exclusive" is real when it's finally released?

I'm a bit concerned it might turn out to be a loose grimlock in a custom box

8. FoC Grimlock

News Credits:
    Ok, whatever it is. Hey look. Loose Grimlocks! Who wants to pull the trigger and order one??

There's no official photos of the thing at this point so until we get visual confirmation of what's in the box it seems pretty dicey.

9. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If these loose Grimlocks aren't the Cybertron-Con Exclusive maybe they're a sign that Takara or Hasbro is reissuing them again? Either that or MP Grimlock is KO'd.

10. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

What loose grimlocks are you guys talking about? I checked ebay and saw none.

11. gakken85

gakken85 Banned

It's official. I wouldn't buy a loose one claiming to be this release though is all im saying.

12. Rdfnd1253

Where are these loose KO grimlocks being sold?

13. FoC Grimlock

News Credits:
    There are two sellers on Taobao claiming they'll receive a shipment of loose MP08 next week. One seller says it's Asia Exclusive Grimlock without the package. The other seller says they are 2010 manufacture date. One seller will be photographing them when he has them in stock so I'm looking forward to that.

They do not know if they are Japanese or US variant and they do not know what accessories they will get. They're about $155 USD. One seller will let you put a $5 deposit on it or pay for it outright. The other is taking money up front. I'm looking forward to pictures but this seems to follow the pattern we've had lately with suspect MPs.

I actually saw them a couple of days ago but didn't read the ads. I just thought they were people liquidating their old Grimlocks so they can try and get the new one.

14. Rdfnd1253

Oh wow that stinks! I'd buy one if it was only $60-$100 at most.........as I'd want one to toy around with while keeping the Asian one sealed.....but at $150 for a ko? No THANK YOU! Hopefully no one gets ripped off!

15. FoC Grimlock

News Credits:
    Well, the sellers are saying these loose figures are legit. We're just batting around the possibility that they're knockoffs. Waiting for product photos.

16. Isco

Isco Banned

I'm waiting for a second wave of preorders from Lunar. I must have Grimlock. Only question I have is whether the eyes turn blue or are they red on him.

17. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure you can switch the eyes from blue and red like the previous releases. I can't see Takara removing that feature from this new release of MP08

18. FoC Grimlock

News Credits:
    The box photos showed the feature so it's still there.

19. Isco

Isco Banned

Thanks guys. Hoping I can get my hands on one. The regular ones are uber expensive right now

20. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    I sure hope it's not G2 color's Evil cat would have another one to sell I would drop my order. MP-08x paint job I can live with. But not G2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.