As Fans They Gave Us Exactly What We Asked For.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jun 27, 2009.

1. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I wanted more bot time, but spent on showing their actual character, not just a group of random bots blowing things up.
    Also, I wish people would understand that wanting a better film, better plit etc does not mean wanting Shakespear.

2. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

This.

Did we really need to spend that 40+ minutes watching leg humping and old geezer robots farting? Up until this point the movie was fine, in fact the forest battle was epic but then it got dragged out with this stupidity. Couldn't that screen time have been halved in order to give more scenes to the other Autobots (they do exist you know, besides Optimus and BB), the Constructicons (who were a complete non event... they did absolutely nothing in between resurrecting Megatron and the final battle) and Soundwave??

3. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

You want what most of us REAL fans want and this is character. We want to know who Sideswipe and Arcee are, not just see them do something and they leave....Prime and Bumblebee are not the only Autobots.

4. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Hell, Skids and Mudflap had more screen time than them. That's even sadder!

5. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I enjoyed the movie a whole lot, but this was my biggest concern in the end. I think the way they characterized Jetfire, given his screentime, was perfect. He wasn't there for a whole lot of time, but we were able to understand who he was, the kind of person he was, and what he was doing. If the others had had similar treatment, I wouldn't have minded so much.

Jolt is pretty much the only character I would like characterized, but I understand why he wasn't, so he gets a free pass :D . The rest, notsomuch.

6. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Which brings us to an interesting point. Time is not the only issue; quality is. If you have the Autobots act like complete a-holes throughout the whole film and you THINK you're giving them PERSONALITY Mr. Bay, you are sadly, sadly mistaken.

7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Correctimundo. But, they are apparently becoming quite popular, unlike Jar Jar Binks. I'd already bought Skids' toy, I feel dirty.

8. Coolyfett

Its sounds like there were the stars, but were not seen in the end??

9. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

Let's face it . .. . they spent too much time and effort on making the bots look cool and perfecting the CGI which in turn made the scenes shorter.

They should have pushed back the release date if they could not deliver a polished movie by this time.

The editors were so swamped with perfecting the CGI that they didn't even think about adding character to the bots. All they were thinking was . . "damn the CGI looks good"

10. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Well, I didn't accuse Michael Bay of competent storytelling.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That and no one seems brave enough to say this isn't working out so lets cut it from the film. It felt like they didn't want to cut anything that had been filmed so what should have a nice trim 1 1/2 movie ended up 2 1/2 hours because they couldn't let anything go.

12. Rodimus666

Rodimus666 Member

Characters disappearing randomly is very reminiscent of G1. :tongue: 

13. Coolyfett

This movie is terrible!!!

14. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    The best scenes are definately when bots talk to each other, in the first movie it was when the autobots were discussing atthe observatory, and in this one, decepticons talking to each other. So we need a lot more of that.

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yup, you nailed it. Transformers is the victim of a Michael Bay who wanted to do anything and everything he could think of. He couldn't do that in Pearl Harbor or whatever else. But Transformers? Hey why not!

Hasbro really should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen. But, I know I know, they will continue to rake in more money than God, so why care about the image.

16. TheFallenTF

TheFallenTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i did not ask to see agent simmons ass.:puke2: 

17. side wave

side wave Well-Known Member

i am completly satisfied with ROTF it was probably the best movie i have ever seen. loved the storyline, character, and humor. i just dont understand why there are still loads of complainers. they are so annoying.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I kind of think that if anyone at Hasbro was the least bit worried about imagine at some point they would have said some of that stuff wasn't kosher.

19. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Lots of people enjoyed those scenes. Not everyone wants to see "saving Private Ryan, But with robots". There are all sorts of comedy types out there and some people enjoy other types than 'subtle'. So the 'movie could have been better' definitive statements are always going to be false and never universally agreed with.

Wheelie's humping was Hilarious, he is officially my new favorite Movie franchise TF. I hope he is back in TF3 with a similar-sized role.

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

To be honest, I would like to see something like "Saving Priviate Ryan" with Transformers. Could it be done? Yup. Will people care to do it? No.