ART Feather Bumblebee pre-order

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jun 21, 2012.

1. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    Now, i have 5 pieces left. I just did inventory from the stock i receive..

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i just think someone will do a better bee than this and because of his diminutive character, anything from an igear mini/scout to a deluxe can still fit in a display that includes mps.

i want to see those pics igear had of their bee and cliffjumper. havent seen those in a long while...

edit.

here's the cliffjumper. im sure ill prefer a bee like this.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/6/4/7/pp04_1327676062.jpg

if the igear minis and vonbots are any indicator of its quality, it will be top notch.

http://s293.beta.photobucket.com/us...term]=igear bumblebee&filters[primary]=images

until then my henkei bee will be just fine in my classics/mp/3p shelf.

3. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That did look really good - but unfortunately it seems to have been cancelled (which is why there haven't been pictures for a while). Hopefully someone will do a better BB than the AF one eventually, but the trouble is that there have been so many Bumblebees from Hasbro that there probably isn't much demand for the character among collectors, who seem to be sick of the 'Bee (when MP-15 was revealed on Seibertron recently, someone mentioned that they would love a masterpiece BB and everyone assumed he was joking). Personally, I'd love to see a third-party Bumblebee that looks like he did in the first issues of the old Marvel comics, with the G1 toy head and wheel arches on his shoulders... (The cancelled iGear one, with the different heads they had, would have been perfect, dammit).

In the meantime, I'm fairly happy with this little guy (and I finally managed get those seats up properly). The yellow colour difference is nowhere near as bad in reality than it looks in pictures, the head mould is decent, and the alt mode is spot on. He looks great next to iGear Ratchet and MP10.

4. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

If anyone is likely to do another VW BB it's iGear. I get the feeling they are now trying to settle on a consistent G1 scale (upping the size of Hench for example), so I'm hoping the cancellation of PP Bee and Cliff is an indication that they will be redesigning them at the Mini Warrior scale instead. With all their other minibots coming it would be strange not to do Bee and Cliff sooner or later...

5. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    Awesome!! Glad you found some more!

6. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind them doing BB/CJ in the new Mini Warrior scale with updated articulation over their VW Beetle Legends mini-figs (I have both BB/CJ versions and they're neat for what they are). I think with PP04 (wasn't the same prototype pictures shown at the last TF or Bot Con?) the figures are over-engineered with way too many fiddly parts a la PP05 (which I still love, mind you, but they're definitely more collectible display pieces than straight up knock-em-around toys). Sometimes it's best to Keep It Simple, Stupid, as they have been doing with the MW line, with a more affordable price point to boot (I don't particularly care for dropping over $100 for each figure as I did with PP05).

7. OptimusTimelord

Agreed, the Mini Warriors have been simple yet somehow still clever in their designs (love the way Hench's 4 wheels all fold into his legs). That chunky, sturdy, yet still articulate and detailed, approach is perfect for updated G1 minibots. I would have snapped up the PP's of course, but I think MW versions will be more suited to the characters :) 

8. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    lack of pictures does not mean it has been cancelled

9. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
  11. Quantum Reflex

Quantum Reflex Well-Known Member

12. tomac66

tomac66 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good review, this are the mods that I´m going to do when I have it in hand. I surelly paint in black the rear of the seats too.

13. OptimusTimelord

14. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

I was on the fence about buying this
    then I saw Quantum Reflex's video - bought !

15. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well mine came in the mail today and I'm impressed as hell about this thing. With all the negative hype the toy got I'm glad it didn't live up to it. The ONLY issue with mine is the front wheels and that's it.
    Other than that, nice tight joints and smooth transformation, best Bumblebee I own, easily.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love it, great toy.
    I'd also like to take the time to thank Daelite for stocking this toy in the first place, it took a couple of PMs on my part but thanks again, my friend.

16. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    Thats Kool. No problem. It does look nice.

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Pics don't do it justice. It's a beautiful piece it really is.
    The coin is a nice touch too.

18. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hm... are the doors able to peg onto the legs too somehow? Or alternatively, can they fit inside the backpack?

Truth be told, they should've retooled his arm kibble to wrap around his feet... which can be seen in a couple of thread on the Radicons subforum.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/482988-classics-g1-inspired-bumblebee.html for example:

[​IMG]

There was another that also makes the hood swivel and hinge inside the chest...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/510848-slimmer-classics-bumblebee-finished.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still... I guess it is pretty nice.

But if those two mod sets were included... he'd be just about perfect.

19. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Here's those same mods I did on my fully transforming custom: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/516129-classics-vw-bumblebee-reshell-wip.html

20. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Agreed. Just got this from AcesToyStore (thanks Daelite!) and he's pretty neat. He's far from perfect, of course, but he's actually pretty well built considering he's basically a Classics Bee reshell. I don't appear to have any of the worrisome QC issues some have reported (aside from the front wheels being very hard to move/roll and the mismatched yellows which honestly doesn't bother me too much in hand), thankfully. Overall, I'm happy with this purchase and he looks great next to MP-10, no question.

I gave his gun to Henkei Sunstreaker (looks great with it) and gave AF Bee the chrome pistol from FP G3 trailer (the size and shiny chrome suits him better). I did find a way to simply peg his doors on to the small ports on the back of his shins but the kibble is very unsightly and hinders poseability. I'll have to try Odeean's fanmode with the hood kibble on the back of the shins.