Arrow - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Fun episode.

It'll be interesting to see how it all ties together.

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blood addressed him as "Brother Cyrus" so I would assume so.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok... I couldn't remember whether or not Blood addressed him by name... thanks. Should be interesting to see what Cyrus can do. I wonder if they'll reference the rhyme.

4. sh002

sh002 Banned

Awesome

5. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
  6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

It's just a Walther P-38 (or a Pistole P1 if it was a none Nazi version). Not super odd.

7. sh002

sh002 Banned

Are there more special features on the blu-ray set than the dvd set?

Yeah it was cool to see that gun in the last episode.

8. sh002

sh002 Banned

The first season on blu-ray is $16.99 right now at Amazon. Used a giftcard and free shipping so I'm getting it for free. Woot.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  10. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  11. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are 'Red Hood' And 'The Question' Coming To ARROW?

While I personally would love the Red Hood AND Question coming to Arrow I think the not all hoods are green refers to Red Arrow not Red Hood (plus it would be too confusing to people to introduce Jason Todd without Batman because not everyone knows about Jason Todd or Red Hood and I think trying to put Jason's origin story in there would be too much and too confusing, but I would LOVE it being the Red Hood/Jason Todd fan I am), there are some references to Batman in there Rise and Ollie isn't the first vigilante and there is that very common Question line What is the question you should have asked?

12. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I really hope they aren't hinting at Red Hood showing up. There DC universe is big enough that they don't need to resort to bringing in someone like Jason Todd...
    Sounds good to me. Hopefully Barry's introduction is recieved well. Would be a good sign for the Flash show, and the DC live-action universe in-general. I'm really hoping they do decide to tie in these shows to the movies.

14. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Ugh, Smallville had the same problem at the end. Let's guest star a bunch of characters who don't really fit in an attempt to see what the general audience likes and who can have traction.

No. Just stop. A few character who work is just fine, but trying to shove everyone in there is silly and stupid.

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *GASP* What is wrong with Jason Todd? Why do people hate him so much? He is the iconic tortured character. He was a LOT like Damian in the Robin role defiant and all and now after coming back from the dead he is even more tortured and dealing with more while being an anti hero. And please make sure you have read the comics first before commenting and I can recommend a lot of them if you need them.
    But to be fair I too said I don't think it would be great to have Jason Todd in Arrow only because it would take too much to play out his origin story and without having Batman in Arrow it would be weird. But, it wasn't because of "resorting" to bring Jason Todd in.

16. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    The reason people hate him so much is because like Bucky, he was a character who died and it meant something. And they stayed dead for years.

That is, until after Superman conquered death in the comic industry, resulting in it becoming a revolving door, allowing both to return for stupid reasons that ultimately didn't amount to much.

Because of that, Death in comics is absolutely meaningless and has become a PR stunt to make headlines for about a week and cause nerdrage for about a year until the character makes their "triumphant" return.

17. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Star Seeker

Not to mention Jason was a complete tool. Damien actually had an interesting backstory and had justified reasons for acting the way he did because he was trained by Talia and the League.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel Jason was the same way Jason had an interesting backstory and had justified reasons for acting the way he did having to grow up on the streets and when Batman found him he was homeless and Batman has referred to a "secret" that Jason needed to deal with from his pat that a lot of fans believe is an abusive past or something. He is a tragic character and a flawed one which makes the whole anti-hero thing interesting to me.
    A lot of people love the animated movie they did but people don't like the character that is weird to me.
    I mean agree to disagree I'm sure I guess I just don't agree with the reasons as its like the reasons can only be for one character and not the other.

In terms of that the writers brought him back you can't blame the character for that technically Green Arrow came back from the dead Superman came back from the dead so did Batman so you hate all those characters?

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
  20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can't speak for others, but I just don't like him. Nothing specific, just in-general. I've never been able to get into his story. The tortured soul act bothers me much more than a character being brought back from the dead. Popular he may be, but I can't see how he's iconic.

As for Damian, he's even worse in my eyes. Everything I've read about him makes him sound like a spoiled little brat who should have never been allowed to dawn the Robin identity. I'm not looking forward to his inevitable return from death.

Anyways, back to Arrow. Tonights episode looks like it's going to be good. I've seen at least a couple of people bring up Barry's age. I think he looks the part, so that doesn't worry me. Only question that remains is wether or not he can play the part. I really hope he does well, as I really want the shows to be tied into the movie universe that WB is setting up. Also wouldn't hurt the Flash show itself.