Arrow - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 23, 2012.

1. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Exactly.
    I'm assuming the answer comes from the real world: Actor availability.

• Like Like x 2
  2. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ray was there. He was miniaturized

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Watched the series finale tonight and while it was a little sappy at times, it was quite good. Oh my god the camera work in that long fight sequence with young Oliver was freaking awesome. Where the hell was this dude during Crisis? They still didn't explain how Dinah gets teleported to the future, but at least they kind of explained Laurel, though I'm still confused. Is she from the Earth 2 that Stargirl now happens on? Anyway, watching Diggle get the lantern ring was badass. Too bad we'll never get to see anything come out of it. In the end, while Arrow did have its ups and downs, it was nice to see the finale encompass everything to make it worth sitting through.

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Laurel is the same as the one we’ve been following, from pre crisis earth 2, essentially she is a remnant of the old multiverse like the multiple brainiac 5s from the recent supergirl episode or the Beth from the most recent batwoman episode, and we may yet see more of diggle since he is moving to metropolis and Superman’s show got a green light (pun intended)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  5. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I thought Superman's show was going to be set on that Krypton asteroid thing?

6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i dont think so, otherwise we would get a superman show with no superman as he is powerless on argo city, plus crisis ended with him in metropolis

7. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Diggle said that he and his family were moving to Metropolis. He'll likely show up on the Superman show.
    Superman & Lois Ordered to Series at The CW, as Arrow Nears Its End

"Superman & Lois — which will still film its first episode this spring, ahead of the May Upfronts — follows “the world’s most famous superhero and comic books’ most famous journalist” as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society. Based on the characters from DC created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, the pilot will be written and executive-produced by Todd Helbing (The Flash), Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns will also serve as EPs on the project from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television."

It's absolutely going to be in Metropolis. It was never once said that it would be on Argo. That'd be ridiculous, and not in the way CW does ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I like to watch shows from start to finish. I hate it when they never get to finish off with a proper finale. I think this one was handled as well as could be. I really hope Supernatural gets as good an ending. I definitely expect CW to give Arrow and the Canaries a shot. I just hope it doesn't get cut short and ruin this ending. Little surprised CW didn't throw a Kate Kane appearance in at the funeral since they had Barry and Kara make appearances. That show could use all the help it could get. Look forward to Superman show though not a huge fan of the actor that plays him. Can definitely dig Diggle as GL. If they pull it all together I guess we could see some JL crossover's in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  9. AutobotSeeker81

AutobotSeeker81 Well-Known Member

So did anyone get the the tie in comics? I'm a bit confused about what it says on the cover. The first one says "4 amazing stories" or something like that. The second one says five. Unless I'm not understanding how they separate stories it's only three tops for each. Both have a story about felicity and Pariah's counterpart. Both have a story about a council of Luthors and Supermen. Lastly, for the rest of both it's just the original version of crisis.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pariah Nash Wells is without a doubt the most useless character in the Flashverse.

11. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

since when do green lantern rings travel in a Jewelry box lol

maybe it’s s hunk of kryptonite

• Like Like x 1
  12. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there was a hint of that in last year's crossover?
    Someone asked Diggle where his ring was.

jD001

13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    That was earth 90 flash, plus his step father is general Stewart meaning on other earths he could have taken that name and been John Stewart rather than John diggle

14. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's dumb. There's been talk for years of Diggle being the Arrowverse's version of John Stewart, then Elseworlds had Earth-90 Flash ask Diggle where his ring was, THEN later that same season we met Diggle's step-father and his name is General Stewart. Also, David Ramsey had said himself that Green Lantern stuff was coming before the new seasons aired last Fall. Diggle might be moving to Metropolis, but he doesn't seem to know anything about Kryptonite, so that doesn't make sense for it to be Kryptonite. The Arrowverse guys have done thing in a different way before, so there's no reason to assume it's anything other than a Green Lantern ring. It's a Green Lantern ring, plain and simple.

I know, but we had no idea if they'd continue with that and have him finally become a Green Lantern or not anytime soon or ever.

• Like Like x 1
  15. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough. (although I personally assumed it would be...)

jD001

16. Primeultra

So, the “lol”Didn’t indicate to you that it was a joke, lighten up man..... I fully expect for the creators to do the fan service thing and make him a GL even if we don’t get to see him very much or at all

Now....Just to play devils advocate
    Diggle works For a clandestine semi secret government Agency that routinely deals with meta-humans.....Also it is now a combined earth.....There is no way he knows nothing about Kryptonite

And since Oliver had a kryptonite arrow I’m willing to bet digs knew or ended up learning about it, besides, even if he somehow didn’t know about it how does that change anything, the damn little box arrived from space,

And like you said, The Arrowverse guys have done things in a different ways before, so there's no reason to assume it can only be a Green Lantern ring, it could be just about anything, plain and simple.

17. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tons of people use "lol" without it being a connotation for a joke. Seen it plenty of times be used when someone's making fun of someone in some way.

No information about how much he knows or doesn't know about Kryptonite. Only reason it would be Kryptonite is if he was going to use it against Superman, which I don't see Diggle doing. And I'll say it again, there has been tons of talk about Diggle being the Arrowverse's version of John Stewart, from fans and from the people behind-the-scenes. It was hinted at and referenced on purpose, and the people in charge know what has been asked for. It makes non sense for it to NOT be a Green Lantern ring whatsoever. It's clear they're making Diggle become a Green Lantern, plain and simple.

And for good measure: 'Arrow' bosses, star break down the series finale: The Green Lantern tease, final scene, and more

From David Ramsey himself: "That was very important [to pay off the fan theory]…There’s been a bit of a pay-off. We’ll see what all of that means. I’m with Marc, anything beyond that is kind of violating these parameters that we’ve been given by DC that we have to honor, but I think we’ve done some justice to the six year tease."

"Payoff the fan theory" and "six-year tease". The only thing it could literally be is the Green Lantern thing.

18. Primeultra

Well isn’t making fun of someone a joke also LOL

That was a joke too, I don’t feel like being serious today

Again, the Kryptonite thing was a joke, the only reason why are used kryptonite in my joke was because it was glowing green And it was the first thing to come to mind, But kryptonite isn’t the only green glowing thing in the DC universe

But you’re assuming that the only reason it could be kryptonite is if he was going to use it against Superman, CD Kryptonite been used as a source of power and energy many times in the comics, I don’t think that’s gonna happen here but it’s certainly a possibility

It’s a show based on the comic book, Creators and fans love to hint and talk about all types of things and connections, much of which Never comes to fruition....Smallville was famous for that, even the arrow verse hinted at Hal Jordan

Only thing that is clear is that they want to keep us wanting to see more, but nothing is ever certain for what we will get or what we will end up seeing, plain and simple.

And for good measure: The interview doesn’t really strengthen your argument

“Payoff the fan theory" and "six-year tease". .......Like I said fan service

The only thing it could literally be is that they want to continue to keep fans hoping that he will eventually become Green Lantern, But they stop short of actually making the claim.

They didn’t pay anything off, at best they let us get a bite of the carrot but it’s still dangling on a string right in front of our faces

If it wasn’t clear, playing devils advocate again....