Arrow - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 23, 2012.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Not sure who you're talking to. I can only see your posts.

That said... Oliver could still die in Crisis. Just because the show keeps going for a whole 2 episodes after doesn't mean he survives. John could end up taking over the mantle again like he was suppose to LAST SEASON! Talk about a waisted plot point. And since the show is actually ending this season maybe they could finally make that permanent rather than resetting back to Oliver like they did last time.

I think the only reason that reset happened is because the series got renewed for another season when it was suppose to end. They wanted it to focus on Oliver Queen as the main character so they had to figure out some way to return the mantle to him, hence the reset.

If the show isn't being renewed again and actually ends this time then maybe Oliver can die... though I liked it better when the show ended with him and Felicity having a life together... and John can finally be the Green Arrow... though I wouldn't mind seeing the show continue with him as the lead. I just don't think that's ever going to happen. Flash and Legends of Tomorrow are still ongoing so I could see him making guest appearances on their shows but it doesn't seem like they're going to let him be the lead character of his own series. Probably because John was never a Green Arrow in the comics and there for isn't as marketable as Oliver Queen... but considering I don't think anyone even knew who the hell Oliver Queen was before Smallville would anyone really care? I mean Green Arrow is not nearly as popular as Batman and a lot of people have referred to him as Batman/Robin Hood knock off. So I don't think John would be any more or less marketable since no one really cares in the first place.

3. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

4. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm. So earth 2 is gone now. Well that's a thing. Good episode. Fun that it revisited the beginning.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sort of get a Sliders feeling of this episode. Was cool to see Malcolm, Tommy & his mom again.

Have we seen that guy who was the Hood in that reality before. I guess I'm forgetting what part he played.

I do still hate the future storyline. Unless they somehow prevent that future, it makes all what Green Arrow does sort of pointless since the future still ends up sucking.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    That future was established as post crisis last season, it IS the one future

7. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Adrian chase...he was Prometheus

8. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering the MacGuffin last night, and some interesting new color options on his visor and scope during the big fight last night, is anyone else guessing the John Stewart Diggle is going to get a new toy and have some real fun during the crisis?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    So did Ollie and the monitor pull a flashpoint on earth 2? Robert Queen was established as earth 2 green arrow in flash

10. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh i dont think this episode necessarily invalidated that per say. I dunno i dont remember that. I just remember earth 2 was kind of a villainy shit show and this seemed to show an attempted rebuilding. Thats how i felt anyway

11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    It was during a news report in the first earth 2 episode of I’m remembering right, the show made a point to focus on it as an example of how different earth 2 was from earth 1

12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty good ep!

13. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    Starling City - S8 | E1

Good intro by The Monitor as Oliver is found and rescued from Lian Yu (again).

Batman's cowl instead of Deathstoke's mask on the shore? Was Bruce (or Thomas) Wayne on Lian Yu instead of Slade Wilson for some kind of mission that undoubtedly involved Earth-2 Gotham City?

So Oliver is a Paragon? What's that about?

So Malcolm (not Walter) is Moira's husband and Thea died from an overdose of Vertigo on her 18th birthday? WTF

Queen Consolidated has merged with Merlyn Global and Oliver encounters another Green Arrow who reveals himself to be Adrian Chase.

Black Canary arrives and we learn that Oliver is on Earth-2 Starling City. So much for my theory that Oliver was on some kind of "Quantum Leap" type trip.

Earth-2 Adrian doing the bar ladder thing while Earth-1 Oliver looks in nostalgia.

Earth-1 Star City in 2040 is still the same as it was last season? Why didn't the events that transpired in in the Season 4 Finale of DC's Legends of Tomorrow change that?

Earth-2 Tommy is the Dark Archer!

Earth-1 Diggle arrives (thanks to an extrapolator that Cisco gave him) to help Oliver? What a surprise!

Earth-2 Rene is Moira's chief of security and Earth-2 Dinah is a Starling City PD Sergeant who also happen to be Tommy's proxies.

So Earth-2 Tommy stole the dwarf star particles (which The Monitor also needs) for his own Undertaking. Which is this case was to get revenge for Earth-2 Thea's overdose in The Glades.

Glad that Oliver was able to talk Earth-2 Tommy out of going through with his own Undertaking.

Earth-2 Adrian Chase knew Earth-2 Bruce Wayne?

"If you eliminated the impossible, what remains however improbable, must me the truth". Does anybody know that saying originally came from Sherlock Holmes?

Damn! Just Oliver and Diggle were about to depart, an anti-matter wave destroys Earth-2. At least Earth-2 Laurel survived by going through the breach with them.

So begins the Final Season of the original series that started the CW's Arrowverse and the countdown to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Earth-2 has been destroyed! I remind all of you that Jesse Wells and her father Harry are from that Earth! I hope they were smart enough to predict the anti-matter wave and escape to another Earth beforehand. As for Gorilla City (which is also on Earth-2) and it's inhabitants, R.I.P.

So looks like Earth-1 Diggle and Earth-2 Laurel will be traveling with Earth-1 Oliver to other Earths in the Multiverse to help The Monitor with the impending "Crisis". I imagine they will encounter doppelgangers of the the people they know on Earth-1 on the Earths they will visit before Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Here's to Arrow. The series that ushered in a great universe of beloved TV superheroes who have no equal. May it's last season be it's most unforgettable.

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    the flash forwards are set post crisis, always have been, so that future already has the alterations to the timeline the legends caused factored into their history

isnt Jesse quick on earth 3 serving as their flash currently? harry could have been visiting her when the anti matter wave hit

• Like Like x 1
  15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Earth-2 Hood was Robert Queen, he was the one who survived the boat wreck. And he was on Lian-yu with Bruce Wayne. Theory going round is that Mia ends up in 2019.

16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    my bet is time travel shenanigans solely for crisis which would allow her to resolver her daddy issues and let oliver formally pass the green arrow mantle to mia before she returns to her own time (which has always been post crisis)

17. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    Says who?

18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Says the show itself, the monitor pops up at the end of last seasons flash forwards to take felicity to Oliver, Mia grew up without a dad because Oliver left with the monitor, William never talked to Oliver again because he left with the monitor. The context clues are all there, it’s pretty obvious

19. OmarJT82

News Credits:
  20. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else getting the vibe that the monitor we are seeing this season might actually be Anti-Monitor?

• Like Like x 2