Arrow - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Why not? He worked with the League of Assassins and you just said they're basically the same thing.

I repeat... Earth 2 Robert Queen is still alive. And yes I realized you were joking... I was taking the opportunity to hint that maybe it was a different Robert Queen rather than the dead one.

Present day Earth 2 Robert Queen makes more sense than the CW being too cheep to make Jamey Sheridan look like he did seven years ago.

2. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

And damn Jamey got old... Yep I'm calling it. I don't think that was even the same Robert Queen. It makes no sense for him to not only be older but also clean shaven when we saw him much younger with a beard and we're suppose to be believe that this is the same man just a day before the Queen's Gambit happened? Nope, I'm calling it, I don't think that Robert Queen ever actually cheated on his wife. I don't think that his wife ever knew about the family this Robert Queen had. I think that Earth 2 Robert Queen some how traveled into the past of Earth 1 and set this whole thing up for some reason...

Wait... here's a thought... what if this isn't actually Earth 1... Like what if the only reason this Earth exists is because Robert Queen traveled back in time to save his son from dying on the Queen's Gambit. Older Robert started a new family not really intending to while planning how he was going to change the time line. His plan more or less succeeded so his past self dies and Oliver lives. But instead of actually changing his own history all he did was create this alternate universe.

Whatever the case may be I don't believe that Old Man Robert Queen is the same guy we saw shoot himself on a life boat considering he's much older. There's gotta be some time travel/multiverse stuff happening here that explains this. Of course if it is A Robert Queen as DNA tests have confirmed but that doesn't mean he's Earth 1 Robert Queen. We know that dopplegangers from other universes would share the same DNA so they would read as having the same father even if her father was actually from a different universe.

4. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't count Felicity out just yet nor trip over her exit!

She'll obviously be back for Crisis on Infinite Earths and the Series Finale!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So I just saw an article that said Felicity is leaving the show this season. That seems kind of weird to me considering there is still another season. Though, I guess that would make sense given that no one in the future crap seems to know her and Oliver had a daughter.

6. OmarJT82

News Credits:
  7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I've seen this type of story done before a million times and better. Still, it was fairly entertaining when it was during the present day and not the awful future stuff. Too bad Mia didn't die. She's absolutely worthless. Dinah also got a bit too preachy there.

Of course Dante is the one behind Emiko's mother's death, who else would it be? I totally forgot the Longbow Hunters even existed. Glad to know the show still has no idea what to actually do them beyond being plot gimmicks. Imagine if they were actual characters? That would have been cool.

Well, only 15 more episodes to go.

Oh, for some positivity, I loved the camera work for the opening sequence when Siren was in the hallway. That was pretty awesome.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could not watch both Arrow and Flash on CW. It said the network had technical difficulties on both Monday and Tuesday night. I will have to wait and watch it on demand the two episodes.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly, you didn't miss much with Flash as it was an episode all about Nora, who isn't a good enough actress nor character to carry an episode on her own.

10. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So, Ernie Hudson is a special guest on tonight's episode.

he plays Diggle's estranged father, General Stewart.

in other words- Diggle's real name is John Stewart.

11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd CW crashed just before Legends finished, so I'm going to have to wait until this appears On Demand to watch it or download it (and for the ending of Legends).

12. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    Correction,
    Estranged stepfather.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

No, his name Diggle. His step father is Stewart. Unless the General adopted him his name stays Diggle.

14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Yup, this John is Diggle, but we know he John Stewart in another universe.

Remember in Elseworlds when Barry Allen Sr. questioned John not having his ring. John Stewart is a Green Lantern so suddenly that bit about John Diggle having a ring in another universe makes a lot more sense.

And to think for six seasons of this show we all thought Diggle was an original character to this show not based on anyone from the comics only to have him retconned as being this univers' John Stewart/Green Lantern. He just never took his step father's name in this universe and we still haven't actually seen any Green Lanterns. John Diggle/Spartan is the Earth 1 version of John Stewart/Green Lantern.

Oh and he was Green Arrow for a while too... wrong super hero but still ends up in green.

Also thought it was funny when General Stewart tells John "You're not going to will yourself free." Cause Green Lantern rings are powered by will so if we were dealing with a different John he actually could have willed himself free.

Now I'm really hoping that Diggle/Spartan meets Stewart/Green Lantern at some point... maybe in the next crossover... and maybe they could do more with Earth 90 Flash as well. He was barely in Else worlds. But yeah Earth 90 is one place where his name is John Stewart.

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well tonight's episode started off so well with an interesting way of telling its story only to fall apart in the end. God that was dumb.

Anyway, did the commercials make a mistake or is this season only 22 episodes?

• Like Like x 1
  16. KabutoRyder

KabutoRyder www.taurianfilms.com

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Meh, I think the last 5 minutes saved the episode. With Emiko telling Oliver she let their father go down on the boat, changing the lives of him, oliver, sara and that other dude on board. Hopefully any idea of redemption for Emiko is out of his head and they can actually fight in the finale as opposed to be having a teary yell fest where Oliver talks her down off the evil ledge.

17. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    7x20 - Confessions

- Should have figured that Dinah's interrogation was nothing but an act. I just wish it could have been done without that fat dumb-ass sergeant!

- Roy Harper returned, in more ways than one. He was resurrected via a Lazarus Pit that he, Thea, and Nyssa were trying to destroy after he was killed by the Thanatos Guild.

Now he suffers from the bloodlust that caused him to kill two innocent guards.

- Emiko is definitely beyond saving and needs to get got! Especially now that she revealed to Oliver that she knew about the sinking of the Queen's Gambit and that she sent the erased security footage to that dick sergeant!

• Like Like x 1
  18. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    7x21 - Living Proof

- Good to see Tommy again. Even if it was in Oliver's head.

- Thank God Felicity had the good sense to install a "Canary Call" type security contingency at her Helix office! Didn't want that ass of a seargent to slap the cuffs on Felicity. At least Karma got him good when Emiko and her men nearly offed him at SCPD headquarters.

- Alena name-dropped Justice League.

- How can Oliver redeem Emiko when it's quite clear she can't and doesn't want to be redeemed! She is completely consumed by hate and revenge, just like Adrian Chase (Prometheus). The only way to stop her, especially now that she knows that Felicity is pregnant, is to kill her.

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Meh, I'm trying to decide which has the worse season here, Arrow or GoT. Probably Arrow because GoT is only 6 episodes. Then again, GoT is really cranking up the stupid in its only 4 episodes thus far.

20. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have worked as a series finale with characters being able to show up in other shows. Has Felicity's actress said why she is leaving? Producers just not want her back. Hope she isn't one of those people that quits a series thinking her career will skyrocket in movies now when this show is her claim to fame. With only 10 episodes left, she should have stayed.