Arrow - CW TV Show Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I’m fine with it being Thalía, she’s one of my favorite all-time Batman characters anyway

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Ra's Al-Ghoul is arabic for "the demon's head." And even in the comics it's a title he took/earned not his name. That also superseded his personal name, whatever that was. Also technically Talia and Nyssa should be Talia/Nyssa Ibnat Al-Ghoul.

Could also mean Batwoman.

3. Primeultra

From what I recall, originally, it was a name he took, in a way to inspire fear among his enemies

But not necessarily a title, meaning anybody to supersede him , if such a thing were possible, would not necessarily called them selves by any Variation of the name

Which differes from how it’s presented in this show, any Successor takes the Title/name

4. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm beginning to wonder if the new green arrow is going to turn out to be Grant Gustin per what's apparently gonna partially happen in Elseworlds. Since thus far there has been minimal effort to figure out who has taken Oliver's mantle and equipment.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Batwoman doesn't really exist without Batman. He got the idea after falling into the bat caves under Wayne manner and all the other bat themed heroes just took insperation from him.

Besides Talia is a know enemy and some times love interest of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I watched episodes 4 and 5 tonight. Episode 4 was well beyond boring. Like oh my god, it took forever for anything to happen and when it did, it was like 45 seconds long. The most intriguing part of the episode was the stuff in the future and I still don't see how this can even remotely connect to anything happening in the present day. Unless, that stuff is taking place on another Earth and is going to lead into Elseworlds, but that would require the show to have some forethought. Lastly, I really wish they would just show who the bootleg Green Arrow is already though as I'm getting really tired of this so called mystery.

Episode 5, on the other hand, was a much better improvement, I guess. They finally did something with Oliver, though honestly, that whole Level 2 aspect was utterly pointless to the narrative. He's right back where he started.

I did like the scene when both Siren and Felicity showed up to talk to Dinah. Mr Terrific was terrific this episode and it was nice to see him actually do something after like two year's of being a bitch.

I did chuckle when Talia mentioned having some business in Gotham, but meh. Let's hope something finally happens in this season next week.

BTW, is the big dude that died the guy from Lemony Snickett's?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  7. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Eh, the way it was phrased it was definitely meant to be an Easter egg towards Batman for us to gobble up but I honestly hope Batman and the Bat-Family aren't a thing on Earth-1 and Batwoman is from Earth-38 or a new earth. We're simply far too deep into the Flarrowverse at this stage for Batman to logically exist in Earth-1 - why has he never showed up despite all these massive, global threats and how come this vigilante/hero in Gotham isn't mentioned more in Arrow? Earth-38 is fine because, while they still can't directly name him, the references there and how they've been delivered have made it clear that Batman does exist on that earth.

8. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I disagree. Batman can still exist on Earth-1, but right now he's just a legend, so no one knows if he is real.

9. Primeultra

I’m on the fence, they’ve made more then enough mentions of Bruce Wayne , Gotham And 1 hero but that’s it

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  10. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    7x06 – Due Process

- The Mark of Four? Color me intrigued!

- (In Russian) Tell your boss is old friend the “KGBeast” us here to see him. – Anatoly Knyazev

Now he gives himself that name? Maybe he should have his left arm replaced with a prosthetic gun!

- I was like “DAMMIT” when Dinah stopped Laurel (2) from “screaming” at the judge who denied the appeal to reverse Oliver’s conviction.

- The positive TV news broadcasts that the New Green Arrow is getting is sure to get the Anti-Vigilante Act repealed!

- Everyone has good and bad inside of them, and you can’t put people in one box or the other ever. – Laurel (2)

Food for thought, Oliver! Try not to choke on it after your release from Slabside!

- Laurel (2) finally found a sure-fire way to get Oliver out of Slabside after her appeal failed! Praise her!!!

11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    An okay episode tonight. Not as boring as some others, but not all that exciting either.

Felicity, you should have just shot his ass. Now he is going to end up escaping yet again.

Not surprised to see the accountant manipulated Oliver. I saw that coming week's ago when he kept saying things like, "The Green Arrow will save me."

Now I'm wondering if the new GA is actually future Felicity and she created a time machine or something.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So rumors are circling that Flash is going to be broken up into three arcs for this season, with a different main villian in each arc. Do you think they will be doing the same with Arrow?

13. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

I hope so Diza is boring.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Looks like it. The end of the prison storyline looks like it'll be the final showdown with Diaz.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    7x07 – The Slabside Redemption

- FINALLY!!! Oliver is free and reunited with Felicity and Diaz is defeated and locked up!

- There’s no way in hell that the Feds won’t Diaz give the death penalty for what he did at Slabside! Has for the Feds, they should get on there knees and suck Oliver’s cock for rescuing the guards that were under attack by the other inmates and/or held hostage by Diaz!

- Now that Diaz is locked up, hopefully (present-day) William will return in next week’s episode. I’m sure Oliver and Felicity are eager to reunite with him.

Speaking of, why wasn’t William there with Felicity and Dig to greet Oliver upon his release?

- Good riddance to Sampson and Brick! As for Brick, if Malcolm Merlyn were still alive, I’m sure he would be pleased to hear that the man who killed his wife died in prison.

- Clearly Turner has changed quite a bit for the better. He was right about the fact that Oliver is a better hero now that he sees gray.

- So Oliver is now the “Arrowverse” version of MacGyver? Hope he brings that cleverness and inventive talent in Elseworlds.

- Even though Diaz is locked-up, the Longbow Hunters are still out there ready to carry on his work and Stanley escaped to wreak havoc on Oliver and Star City!

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This has got to be by far the best episode of Arrow since the middle of Season 6. This was a truly great episode. The camera work, especially during the scenes when Olllie first freed himself and then when he and Tiger were on different levels was really excellently shot. Just simply outstanding.

On the other hand, jesus, can they have Diaz whisper any quieter? I could barely hear half of his dialog. Naturally though, really Oliver, WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL HIM?! All that's going to happen is the Longbow Hunters are going to free him from prison and we're going to be right back to Step 1 for the third time.

I knew that "accountant" dude was more than he claimed he was. Naturally, leave it to Oliver to end up letting a serial killer loose. Of course, given how many Batman villains this show steals, I was halfway expecting he would reveal his name to be Zasz.

How many episodes are left to air before the mid-season finale? I mean, usually these shows end at episode 9, but episode 9 is the crossover, so are they going to leave off at 10 this year?

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It's kinda weird to me that Batwoman just started or hasn't even aired yet but is already being worked into the Crossover yet Black Lightning is on it's second season and nothing? What the heck?

And they keep dropping references to Gothan City this season. They've made a few references in the past but it seems every other episode of Flash or Arrow this season has been dropping references which seems to be leading up to the moment Batwoman shows up in the Crossover.

I know Black Lightning is suppose to be set in a different universe but so is Supergirl and that hasn't stopped her from showing up in these crossovers. So can we please get some Black Lightning up in here. I especially want to find out how they're going to explain the two different Meta Human origins. Maybe the Vaccine/Green Light is just made of Dark Matter. They haven't really explained what the drugs actually are but Dark Matter is present in all Flash Metas so maybe it's present in the drugs that created the Black Lightning Metas... or maybe both universes just chose the same name for super powered humans despite having two entirely unrelated origins.

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Batwoman is being introduced in the crossover. The whole series thing is an if and depends on how she's received in the crossover. Black Lightning not being included is a simple matter of logistics. Of the 5 DC/CW shows all but Black Lightning film in Vancouver. Black Lightning is shot in Atlanta for what should be obvious reasons.

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Frankly, I couldn't care less if Black Lightning ever makes it into the Arrowverse Earth. The show fell to pieces almost immediately this season. I have no desire to even watch it. Hell, I'd rather finish Supergirl's third season than continue watching BL.

20. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the Ricardo Diaz saga is finally over.

• Like Like x 2