Armored NASCAR Trio

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

I hope that these are stunticons!
    I seem to remember that when the MASK-type automorphing vehicles (toys)were first introduced awhile back a hasbro person said that Bay liked the idea and we'd see transforming vehicle weaponry on screen. Can anybody confirm this?
    If it is the case, and not my wild imagination, then these three "armoured" vehicles might only be showcasing some third mode, and maybe have a more toned-down mode to match that decepticon above.

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just remember, someone has to be tilting that office building we've seen. Could be Menasor.

No for Lockdown. Stick with the original Stunticon names. Those names do have car-ish sounding names. Lockdown sounds like it would fit a prison truck/armored truck or something.

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Ugh... I think my stomach just wrenched a wee bit at a morbid thought I just came across. I certainly hope that these three Nascars and that Impala aren't simply DRONES for a POWER CORE COMBINER type transformation with that transport that could be Motormaster. The PCC Crankcase with Destrons was supposed to be the PCC Stunticons. I certainly hope they didnt remove Stunticons from that line and move it to the movie to make them PCC movie combiners. I want this to be Menasor just as much as everyone else, but dammit I want to see my individual ROBOT modes as well!

Yet in TF2 Devastator only had vehicle modes - then a giant ass robot. So if these cars go from cars to attack cars they'd at least be a step up. Especially if Motormaster transforms into a robot. However I really think Bay might be following the PCC route. These cars might not have robot modes and may simply combine with Motormaster into Menasor.

Time (and investigating) can only tell. I want my robot modes dag'nammit!!

~Z

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    ^^While I'd prefer the old school route, if Motormaster is a dominant tactician, imposing field commander, and a terror for the Autobots, I wouldn't mind if he combined with drones that he commanded. Especially if that allows Hasbro to make a large cool combiner.

I'd still like the G1 route. Especially since those cars are so cool, they seem like they'd have wicked bot modes.

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, just because we didn't see their robot modes doesn't mean they didn't have them. Remember the Long Haul robot in the town battle? Did he NOT have vehicle mode because we didn't see it? Soundwave not have a robot mode because all we saw was a sort of satilite mode hump a human satilite?

If people are going by the fact that Supreme sized Devestator toy didn't have robot modes, i'll counter that by the Legends one did have bot modes.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really, really like these guys. I don't care who they are, they are awesome.

7. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I agree, a great addition!! Can't wait to see them in the movie...

8. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    If these characters are indeed robots, they're most likely autobots for two reasons:

1.) They're in the latest Chicago filming footage rolling in a convoy with the autobots.

and:

2.) The numbers on the vehicles represent actual nascar drivers. 48 is Jimmie Johnson, 88 is Dale Jr. and 42 is Juan Pablo Montoya. There's no way those numbers and hence the drivers themselves become attached to something evil or deceptive.

9. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I think they are too, and they are under attack by multiple jets.

10. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I think they're Stunticons. They're too menacing and evil looking to not be Decepticons of some kind.

I'd even be satisfied with having only three Stunticons (as the NASCARS). We don't need the whole team for them to be cool.

11. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    All i gotta say is there pretty bad ass looking and if they do transform i cant wait to see if there robot mode is more badass then that already gorgeosu car mode!!!

12. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they might be either autobots, or cars with stuff added by humans. Reasoning? Well from footage we've seen it looks like a chase. Why would Deceptions with machine guns and rockets run away from autobots? What if they are leading the way cause they are more armed. Plus I dont see why decepticons would scan race cars, wouldn't they want big bulky tanks or jets to do more damage?

I could see the red as maybe windcharger?
    [​IMG]

The Teal as maybe Wheeljack or something
    [​IMG]

But this screams Smokescreen as its so similar to his Alternator.
    [​IMG]

Just my opinion.

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    ^^^ decepticons always run...

14. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cannot wait to see these beasts on the big screen

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every time I see these things, it makes me think that TF3 has finally gotten a subtitle, The Transformers... Beyond Thunderdome. I really hope they're human vehicles as part of the Anti-Autobot plot. I'll even take cameos by the real-life NASCAR drivers before wanting them to be TFs of any kind, just because those alt-modes would be the worst disguises ever.

16. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    The jig is up at this point.

17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    that is a good theory I would like those names but with Smokescreen as Mirage, but what kind of Autobots carry machine guns in vehicle mode? Also don't forget, Barricade is a police car.

18. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ohh so i guess you've seen the movie already to know that they are in it

19. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well with the movie verse, we can see that the Autobots are more aggressive such as Optimus Prime. I mean they have no problem against killing Decepticons. It could be the personalities of these Transformers could be more agressive, or maybe that the need for being covert isn't as necessary. Barricade was a police car because he could then access places. The only other car Transformer we've seen from the Decepticons is Side Ways, and he was suppose to be a courier i believe, and so they could get in an Audi. Outside of that and Wheelie, most Decepticons are pretty big compared to Autobots.

20. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    The Decepticons came out publicly to the entire world last film. Why would they care about disguise at this point? It makes even less sense for human vehicles to be armed like this.

It'd be nice to see Cons with enough personality to think hmm... lets scan those race cars!! They look cool!