Armada .....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I tried watching some Armada to almost force myself to at least get along with it and think it was, y'know...ok.

But I failed. I'm really sorry guys.

The dialogue and the voice acting is just awful. Truly truly awful. Wretched even. And I LOVE Chalk and Kaye, but even they can't save that abomination.

Everything is so rushed and emotionless. It's like the voice director just said "ok guys, just read all your lines as fast as you possibly can...GO!"

I watched 3 or 4 episodes from each series to try and get a broad range of experience (sorry, can't recall the titles of the episodes right now) and whilst there is a degree of improvement in the later epsiodes when the kids aren't on screen gurning all the time, the show is totally ruined by Hot Shot just babbling on endlessly about god knows what.

Plus the background music is horrible too.

Basically:
    Visuals = good try, lots of action and well rendered characters.
    Audio = complete and total fail.

Sorry, I did try really hard to like it. :( 

2. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

auto morph, if you did what i did when i first watched it it might be vaguely more tolerable. basically any time the kids where on screen i started to skip forward. took the unwatchable to tolerable.

and frankly i must say about armada. it started horrible and ends decently. it is about my third favourite Japanese import series.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I think I've just been spoiled by Beast Wars. Whatever anyone might say about the best era and not warming to organic/techno-organic TF, the writing and characterisation is nothing short of superb.

Armada is a kids show IMO, aimed at the very very young.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah but so was RiD, yet the writing and voice acting came off quite well when you consider the constraints. It wasn't near the level of Beast Wars, but it was coherent. There's no excuse for the sheer sloppiness of Armada.

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Armada is what I grow up with.... It what made me love Transformers....
    Armada, I love as much as G1 back then.
    But, then again.... I don't love it as much anymore because of the fact that I grew up.
    But either way, Auto morph is half right.... =-\
    Its not the worst series.... And it did a very good job in the story.... Just they didn't act that well... Maybe someone should redub it using Micron Legends.... I would if I wasn't doing Headmasters dub.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  6. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its a different continuity so why does it matter if things are not like other continuities.

I am going to Rewatch Armada soon.Love this series.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Ahahahahaha! :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  I only wish you were exaggerating, but that's pretty much how I feel about Armada (well the whole Unicron Trilogy actually) :lol 

And people complain about the human presence in Michael Bay's movies... :rolleyes2 

8. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I grew up with Armada. It was the only thing I'd wake up early for! Then Revenge of the Sith came out, and interests changed. Then '07 came out and I revisited my old Armada cartoon, I was a bit of snob and I hated it. I hated A/E/C. Now, I think Armada is pretty alright.

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

i loved that 2 parter tidalwave episode

10. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok i have rewatched the first 13 episodes of armada and i really like them.
    The first 13 episodes lead up to the introduction of the Star Saber ,i admit after the introduction its just a new mini con every episode, but the introduction of the 3 mini con weapons really helps the story.

THe characters are actually developing, especially Starscream. Optimus Prime is so awesome in Armada love the Attack he uses when he puts his hands together.

And i love the hilarious scene where the kids do the "all for one and one for all" thing and bump hands, then the autobots start doing it and start to Laugh uncontrolably and it goes on for like a whole minute.

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Season 2 of the armada cartoon was leaps & bounds better than the entire energon cartoon series.

12. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

You just don't watched Superlink, the original Japanese version of Energon.

13. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I loved armada! It had a really good story to it. Had the worst human characters though. ugh!

14. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Theres not much difference. Some scenes may make more sense but it does change that series repeats its own story many a times because the story they made just wasnt long enough for a 50 episode series.

15. transformers863

transformers863 Assassin

I can't help but watch some of the episodes again when I have nothing to do. Starscream was and still is my favorite in Armada.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The show overall wasn't the greatest, in my opinion, but it did have its moments. The Armada game especially gives Armada some due credibility. I love that game and bust it out every once in a while. It's just good old-fashioned fun and even though there's not much of a story there, the action and animation proves to me that it is possible to make Armada pretty.

The comic, likewise, did some things right. I appreciated that they made the Mini-Cons out to be real characters instead of voiceless masses. However, the characters were, for the most part, more interesting in the cartoon. And while the animation of the toon might not be the smoothest, I'd gladly take it any day over the lifeless facial expressions of Energon.

Also, Armada gave us the Autobot/Decepticon alliance against Unicron that the '86 movie never did. Despite the bots and cons both fighting Unicron at the end of the movie, there was never any real alliance there, shown by the fact that the 'cons are all displaced from Cybertron afterwards. With Armada we get the real deal and Energon shows bots and cons still living together even if it's a shaky peace. And I do love that it took Unicron multiple episodes to fully transform. I always thought that something as big as a planet would require a really long time to transform, something that you can't really pull off in the space of a single movie. But with a series of 52 episodes to draw it out some, they could get away with it.

So yeah. Not all bad.

17. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

^^ You're talking about the PS2 game right? God that game was cool, how I wish the cartoon had been like that =/

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the one. The game that made Tidal Wave into an entire level unto himself, not to mention one of the most impressive boss fights at the time. Sometimes I really love to just wander around the environments just looking at everything. I even love the animation for how the 'bots walk slowly and run. I love that the Mini-Cons give you a huge variety of weapons and abilities to play with and some of the challenges are genuinely hard unless you have the right Mini-Con loadout. I love fighting Cyclonus on top of the pyramid and being flung off. As you go sailing helplessly through the air for about a mile, you can already see or hear Cyclonus transforming in the background and coming after you. It's crazy fun and the music of that particular boss fight is my favorite. It's so good. . . I HAVE TO POST IT HERE!!!

YAY CYCLONUS!!!

My only two gripes are that I would've liked to have seen more Decepticons from the toyline in the game instead of all the generic non-transforming canon fodder. That, and there's not much to do once you've beaten the game and found every Mini-Con. Just lucky that the game is so much fun that I'll restart it from scratch and do it all again. :) 

*EDIT*

Oh yeah, and I really wanted to see Unicron transform, but even so, that was still a fun battle.

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I think Armada gets good after the first twenty or so episodes.

I liked the comic.

20. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

I only have watched one episode in my life.