Arkansas Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by LEADERS_MATRIX, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Making room, getting some spending cash, and for MPs, I really like MP10 and Sideswipe, Wheeljack, etc, but *another* MP Prime and "reboot" of the whole line with cartoon aesthetic and the higher prices, I've just lost my interest in continuing/keeping that part of the collection.

:lol 

Well, I guess you're safe! The only one of those I have is the opened one in my personal collection that's not going anywhere! :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. soundwave144

soundwave144 Kareoke guru

News Credits:
    its about time that you've gotten the mp fever... I remember back in the day that you were totally against getting mps because chug was good enough and cheaper. :crazy: :lol  Welcome aboard the crazy train!
    However, I am personally not liking the new toon look with the blue windows and lesser surface detailing. And if they get away from the real car alt modes, then I'm out and will continue to support 3p to finish my mp collection.

I feel ya bro...

3. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    To me, it's a dying hobby. Things are getting way overpriced and not just Transformers but toys in general. And I'll always be around, may not post much but i'll lurking in the shadows and don't think I don't see that thing you do when no one is watching soundwave144, you should stop that, you'll put your eye out.

Only thing I collect now (besides dust) is hot wheels. In 20+ years they haven't changed in price, you can still get a car for $1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The hobby itself is doing fine, the community on the other hand....well, there are two rather NSFW arcees coming out this year...also the comics are rebooting, as are the films, it’s just a good time to get out (or in) for people.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darkhawk79

News Credits:
    We can agree to disagree there, I mean if you like paying $50 for a shockwave that is actually a voyager class figure but b/c they slap a few bits of kibble on it and call it accessories then say oh this is a leader class figure then so be it. At least with UM his extra pieces that you added with necessary to complete the figure, SW's aren't. And they do stupid things like bot bots which I understand they are going after today's kids which saddens me a bit they this is what makes them happy. With today's technology and kids want mini transformers that are no better in my opinion then the McD's transformers they put in happy meals in 1988. Just so many things that make it easy to get out of collecting not only transformers but anything really....and don't even get me started on GI Joe....talk about a dying franchise that they could do so much with

• Like Like x 1
  6. soundwave144

News Credits:
    ...collecting dust... BWAH-HAH-HAAAA!!
    I totally understand the raising prices bit fo-shizzle, on the retail lines; its unacceptable. At least for the mps, the build quality and materials has at least gone up. But we'll see ya around fer sure!

yeah, I think the hobby is fine as well, since there are soooo many companies making bots now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Soundwave superior 21

Soundwave superior 21 Master Spy

YouTube:
    Now that I think about it, I need to trim down my collection

8. soundwave144

News Credits:
    Weve all done it from time to time, either lost interest in a line or character or changed direction for the collecting guidelines or just to make room. Its usually for the best in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Darkhawk79

News Credits:
    The MP's are the only thing I think might be worth the price. If I was ever to start back collecting that's the way I would go

10. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    TJ Maxx in Searcy, Ar has TR Overlord for $13.

• Like Like x 2
  11. soundwave144

News Credits:
    its definitely a way to make your money back if u decide to get out of it. Case in point: prime135... He can very easily make all of his money back on MOST off his collection being that is is almost half mp...

12. soundwave144

News Credits:
    Too bad he isn't closer to that from the beginning. Hes only worth about 30 to begin with imo, being mostly hollow and parts formery and stuff.

13. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's an easy fix, don't buy it hippy.

i would much rather kids play with transformers regardless of what they are than have their face in a tablet all day. that shit annoys me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Transformers > trashy youtube vloggers and those creepy toy channels.

• Like Like x 2
  15. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats the main thing that pulled me into the mp line. cartoon based figures is what i always wanted and until now if was few and far between. i never had many transformers toys growing up so my main nostalgia is from the cartoon. i have sold most of my g1 figures because i dont really have much of a connection with them. also sold most of my cassettes too. im down to 13.

16. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hows that?

17. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    Do we have some snowflakes in here lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    I have both upgraded kits for the POTP Optimus Primals retail/SDCC coming wish I knew how to post pics here to show you guys

• Like Like x 1
  19. soundwave144

News Credits:
    hippie... L.M.F.A.O!!! That's frickin hilarious since I'm the board's long haired hippie... :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock 
    And yeah, I hate seeing kids glued to a phone or tablet and the device babysits the kid while the parent doesn't have to deal with them... Once the babies of now grow up; the world will end I'm afraid because they won't be able to handle it and their feelings will be hurt because they are a fragile little butterfly. Lol :cry 
    :bowdown:  PREACH THE GOSPEL!! Lolz!!

the mp line has been the way to go from the beginning, but the realistic detail PLUS the toon look is what it was based on. Now they are backing out on the detailing and making them try to look like they were drawn in the 80s in 3d. I just don't think it pulls it off well in the long run. And they're going to keep doing it and getting more extreme with it to where everything is going to be cell shaded to a point to make it look like it is an exact representation of what it actually looks like on screen in toy form. And I just don't see me being in board with it. I want realistic vehicles like we already have with the takara mps but realistic details on the robots that are toon centric with real depth and feel versus flat; non-detailed surfaces.
    And on another note...
    13 TAPES LEFT?!?!? You was like the tape MASTER!!!
    What the HELL MAN??!!?? :gen069: 

*hint* he has the anime version...:gen069: 

20. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im loving the plain toon look myself. yeah i had almost 30 at one time but decided to only keep the mp cassettes.

oh well it doesnt say that in his sale post but if thats the case then i am interested in purchasing it.

• Like Like x 1