Area of Mars could contain fossils

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Sinister, Jul 31, 2010.

1. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

who sayss that lfie on mars had bones ?? Maybe we cannot find fossils because arent bones. I still hope they find fossils though, that would be jsut awsome and the proof that aliens exist.

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

A lot of great discoveries and scientific breakthroughs start out like that. For many centuries manned flight was little more than a maybe, just a speculative possibility.

I think there's probably less likelihood of finding fossils from advanced organisms, such as animals with skeletons or exoskeletons. But even trace remnants of the most simplistic lifeforms would be extremely exiting.

Some of the earliest earth fossils are very mysterious softbodied things that we'll probably never know much about.

Like you say, it would prove that alien life existed. And if it could exist on two separate planets in one solar system, that would dramatically increase the odds of there being more life elsewhere in the universe. And the greater the chance there's more life out there, the greater the chance that there's intelligent life elsewhere.

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    But that can also be used for my reasoning of why I believe there is no life elsewhere.

I would be very intersted to find out what they do find in the mud.

4. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Exactly. I always defer to Bronze Age knowledge when assessing claims based upon contemporary scientific inquiry. It makes things much less complicated inside my head.

5. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「私は眠い」

News Credits:
    Hmm, I do need a script idea...

6. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Awesome! :D  I cannot wait for the day we finally discover extraterrestrial life, whether it is single-celled or multicellular. Xenobiology certainly seems like a fascinating subject to study, and it could greatly advance our knowledge of life in the cosmos. Man I would kill to take a college course in that. Imagine doing your first alien autopsy :lolol 

Also has anyone here watched Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole? There's a couple of episodes on life covering sciences like abiogenesis and evolution. It's a great series and I highly recommend it.