Are you still onboard post-WFC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ErickCruz, May 17, 2021.

1. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    As long as I have beast transformers, Hasbro has my money. Would also be down for some Armada updates. So many of those characters definitely could use modern articulation.

It’s pretty sad when some G1 figures are more articulated than some Armada figures.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LoneDragon

LoneDragon I dare to be stupid!

News Credits:
    I'm hoping they expand the line to include all generations and reduce the number of bots I need for my personal collection to a trickle to save my poor wallet so I can start collecting other lines and have money for props and scenery and such. I really only need (almost) all the G1 cartoon characters and I guess I am in for Beast Wars at this point too(Gonna finally watch the whole BW series here soon after I finish my current watchthrough of G1). I will, of course, continue to collect a smattering of characters that did not appear in the cartoon but caught my attention and could have fit right into the cartoon, like the Weaponizers and Modulators to use as drones and interesting characters like Barricade, Impactor and Spinister.

I really want them to show Animated some love, but at the same time I almost wish they would just release a few like Lugnut, Bulkhead and Lockdown that I can just add in with my G1 guys so I don't have to start a whole new sub-collection and buy ANOTHER Optimus and Megatron and Starscream and Bumblebee and...

I'm really hoping they hit a sweet spot that doesn't make me spend too much but also doesn't leave me so flush with cash that I start tracking down the old combiner teams before they have a chance to put out better versions AND at the same time those better versions come within the next 3-5 years rather than say, 10 years.

And, while we are laying out what would be our perfect vision of what Hasbro comes out with the next few years that will probably never happen because they are obviously not going to cater to every single person's collection wishes...
    I would totally buy combiner teams where the combiner comes as one solid guy that doesn't split into the individual bots for stability and poseability AND the individual bots that DON'T have the ability to combine so I can have versions of all of those characters that don't have to sacrifice a great bot mode and vehicle mode for the sake of combining. I hope I explained that in a way that makes sense and, yes, I know it ain't gonna happen, but that's my dream!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll still pick up the stuff I like the looks of, which will probably be mainly the remaining G1 stuff. I can definitely see myself slowing down though, there isn't much left I still think of as "must have" after Kingdom and SS86 are done.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 1
  4. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    Depends

I’ll complete the G1 cartoon lineup as well as any interesting characters that flock in afterwards. Already passing on a lot of the BW Gen Selects, and I may sell a bunch that I already own.

Repaint bonanza has gone a little bit out of control with Netflix and Gen Selects. If RID/Car Robots or Unicron Trilogy characters get the Generations treatment I’ll be on board. Otherwise, just finishing out the ranks. Hasbro can win me over with a Fire Convoy, God Magnus, Rail Racer, Landfill, Skybyte, 10-changer Megatron, and a properly done Black Convoy.

The $25 price point for deluxes is already snaking its way into retailers. Unless a MAJOR step up is seen in engineering, paint, and quality control, 2022 is going to look far drier than 2021, and especially 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  5. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

totally depends on what is next. beast era stuff is a SKIP for me. gimme something with realistic mechanical alt modes and cool robot modes and i will probably be on board for at least a little bit. i always felt like there were more characters in G1 that just weren't on screen because random new bots always showed up in the toon all the time and fit righ tin with the existing cast (like where did most of the 85 bots come from? they werent' on the ark but they were on earth). i feel like i'd like those "unknown, unseen" (in reality yet to be designed) characters would be pretty cool. like give me an all original 84-85 styled bot. haha

• Like Like x 2
  6. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

As long as when they said they were continuing the WFC aesthetic they meant "mostly accurate but slight differences" with a similar scale for non-G1 guys I'll probably be going pretty hard. If they make them overly G1, be it major redesigns or cheap repaints/headswaps though I'm out for the most part save the occasional release that interests me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

Depends on what's next. If BW post season 1, maybe I'd love to see some decent g1 combiners, g1 minibots, and Japanese g1 continuity. And if they continue to release shattered glass, then definitely for that.

If none of that, then I'll probably go more for 3P MP and legends.

8. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

If they manage to release something interesting and that ticks the boxes.

9. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wasn't really onboard with wfc until Kingdom, to be honest. After starting to buy Transformers again at the border of Combiner Wars and Titans Return, I got quite a few of the first and second line (whatever read released here, so no last two waves of TR), but already by PotP I was starting to feel sick of all the constant and ceaseless G1. So I pretty much sat out PotP, Siege and ER (wanted to get Primal, but he never got released here). I did pick up quite a few nuRID toys, especially the animalistic ones.

Now, though, I'm getting all the BW in Kingdom. The only G1 you I got, Prime's repack (he's actually one fifth or s7 cheaper that the ER original), I ended up returning in disappointment.

So yeah, if they continue with BW and do BM and UT, I'm all in.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

YES. I predict Hasbro is sticking to the WFC formula, so I’ll be sticking around too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly with the price increases, I'm just looking to fill out existing collections.

Perceptor, Gears, Buzzsaw, Swoop, Sludge, Snarl... Maybe Sunstorm.

I am all-in on Shattered Glass though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Generations isn't the place for that, though. It's always been a celebration of the franchise's history. That's more what Prime/RiD/Cyberverse is meant for.

• Like Like x 4
  13. PolyWraith

PolyWraith Technorganic being

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm with these people. There's plenty of great BW characters that could make for some great toys in this current WFC aesthetic. B'Boom, Polar Claw, Claw Jaw, Prowl, Ironhide, et al.

I also think I'd be very interested in RID 2001 Prowl / X-Brawn / Build Team / Team Bullet Train (although the combiner teams would probably be too expensive for me to actually buy), and it would be kind of great just to see RID 2001 characters get redesigned (even if I wouldn't be buying them). The Spychangers might make great little Core class figures, too, and the goofy characters based on G2 toys like Skid-Z and...that "Mystery Machine" one might be fun as deluxe figures (maybe).

• Like Like x 3
  14. Criggity

Criggity Well-Known Member

I'll be following SS86 closely. However, if I can get a proper Powermaster Prime, Quickmix, and maybe a Dreadwing, I'll be fine Hasbro moving on so others can get the lines/characters they want.

15. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

If they continue to give us figures like Studio Series 86, then I'll keep giving them my money. Otherwise, my purchases will be few and far between. And I don't just mean G1 only. I want all figures from any era to be truly based on the source material, whether it's G1, G2, Beast Wars, Car Robots, Unicron Trilogy, etc.

16. PolyWraith

PolyWraith Technorganic being

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haah...I'm quoting myself for the first time.

Having given myself 24 hours to reflect on what I said above, I've changed my mind. I've been too obsessed with TFs recently, and probably need a really huge break after WFC. If there is any hope for the Magnaboss characters, then I'll definitely hang around until those are released. Otherwise, I'll probably be pretty much done after Kingdom (maybe even done after wave 3...not sure wave 4 has anything I even want). We'll see what Selects has in store, though! Artfire was a nice encouragement, could be more fun stuff coming down the pipe.

However, if the next toyline includes some really good gimmick (and potentially, a huge overhaul of the brand), then I'll take a look at it. Probably still going to take a break for a little while regardless.

17. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really have no interests outside of G1 and Beast Wars anymore, so as long as the lines include characters from those two titles I'll buy them.

I wouldn't be opposed to some more cool figures outside of my interests, but not being attached to the media, mainly the A/E/C stuff, is a big hurdle to overcome.

I adored Animated and Prime, but honestly I don't see updates being better than the originals. That would probably keep me from going in on those.

So basically, it depends.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

absolutely! the bw updates have been great and its exciting to see them planning to do more stuff outside of g1

• Like Like x 2
  19. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Probably not mainline, 3p and MP…maybe a Titan or commander class if it’s really worth

20. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm fading into Super Robots. My TF collecting is almost at its end.